Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:44:27 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: 50 worst of all time?  (Read 21813 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 18, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »

From the wiki link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifty_Worst_Films_of_All_Time

The Films[
Abraham Lincoln (1930)
Parnell (film) (1937)
The Goldwyn Follies (1938)
Swing Your Lady (1938)
The Terror of Tiny Town (1938)
Jamaica Inn (1939)
New Moon (1940)
Northwest Mounted Police (1940)
The Big Noise (1944)
Ivan the Terrible (1945)
Dick Tracy vs. Cueball (1946)
That Hagen Girl (1947)
Twilight on the Rio Grande (1947)
Daughter of the Jungle (1949)
Robot Monster (1953)
King Richard and the Crusaders (1954)
Swamp Women (1955)
The Conqueror (1956)
The Story of Mankind (1957)
Jet Attack (1958)
Say One for Me (1959)
Solomon and Sheba (1959)
Alakazam the Great (1960)
Dondi (1961)
Last Year at Marienbad (1961)
Eegah (1962)
The Horror of Party Beach (1964)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number! (1966)
Spinout (1966)
Three on a Couch (1966)
The Ambushers (1967)
Hurry Sundown (1967)
Valley of the Dolls (1967)
A Place for Lovers (1968)
Che! (1969)
Myra Breckinridge (1970)
Zabriskie Point (1970)
Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (1971)
The Last Movie (1971)
Return of Sabata (1971)
The Assassination of Trotsky (1972)
Trouble Man (1972)
Jonathan Livingston Seagull (1973)
Lost Horizon (1973)
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974)
The Trial of Billy Jack (1974)
Airport 1975 (1974)
At Long Last Love (1975)
The Omen (1976)

This list was obviously compiled long before Tommy Wisseau's creation graced the world with his vision.   I don't agree with about 10 or so films on this list.  For example:  "Swamp Girls" is certainly cheesy, but not dull.... or slow. Corman knows how to pace his films with a tight script and enough events to keep the story moving.  Not the best story, but not the worst by far.

i loooooove (for real)  THE TERROR OF TINY TOWN By no means is this movie even remotely bad.  It has a solid and consistent story...It doesn't fall short of action.  It's your typical western film... with midgets.   Nothing more.. or less.

THE HORROR OF BEACH PARTY isn't that bad either. It is not great by any stretch of the imagination either. But there are far worse and wholly unwatchable movies out there.  (any movie "directed by"  Zach Snider for example...

A friend and myself are compliling our own sepearate "50 worst films of all time" list.  I'll be posting my list when it's finished.

Here is a sample of what I have.

THE ROOM
This movie surpass Plan 9 as the worst movie of all time.

DEATH MACHINES
This has everything a bad movie needs for me;  death by bulldozer while trapped in a phone booth. Death by driving up in a public park and pulling out a bazooka in broad daylight.  Death by being run over in a super fake interior Italian restaurant set while eating the cheapest spaghetti scene.  But the best part is the “villain” is a hilarious “Dragon Lady” played by an Asian woman with a terrible lisp.

ROBO VAMPIRES
Godfrey Ho's worst ever...and all his movies are terrible. It's so bad I have totally forgotten even watching it in spite of my roommate who swears we watched it.  He keeps threatening to make me watch it again.

INVASION OF THE POD PEOPLE
An E.T. Italian production filmed in Spain ripoff  where no invasion or pod people actually show up.

BILLY JACK 
This movie was produced with a budget of 800,000$ back in 1973.  Released in 1974 and made $60 Million?    This movie is 2 hours of self indulgent drivel. 

THE TRIAL OF BILLY JACK
The first movie was so popular Tom Laughlin had to cash in on his self indigence by repeating it and adding another hour.   Anyway, this sums up The Trial of Billy Jack for me;  “Inside you are two wolves.  Both are played by Tom Laughlin and neither one will shut up.”

THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON
Starring Dean Stockwell.. who does exactly what the script and director called for;  be boring for 2 hours – and he does so flawlessly.

BOOM
This is John Waters favorite bad movie. It's also one of mine. With the cast of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (just as their marriage was at an end) and Noel Coward.  Written by Tennessee Williams no less.   I could gush on forever how insanely fun this movie is..but you have to find out for yourself. It is bad..but engaging all the same.

----------------------------------------------------

Do you agree with the "offiial" 50 worst list?   Do you have a totally different list?  What do y'all think?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:31:21 PM »

The Omen? What the hell is that doing on the list.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »

^ THE OMEN is overrated, but hardly belongs on the list. 

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS is a lot of fun, kind of dreadful and wonderful, a camp classic, and hardly one of the worst. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:22 PM »

I agree, while the Omen and Valley of the dolls are silly, they are hardly the worst films of all time.  I know the common folk have seen much worse than either of those.  

I am honestly shocked that not one of the "EXORCIST" sequels made it to this list. [edit] I've been informed this list was compiled in 1976...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:45:49 PM by kornula » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »

That's the Medveds list. It's notoriously bad. They were likely trolling with some of those choices: LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD is almost universally regarded as a classic. BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA may not be quite so loved, but it has many more fans than detractors.

The Medveds were terrible, but they are historically important as the first ones to champion the "bad movie" as its own genre of film. They really helped to launch the cult of Ed Wood.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 01:11:40 PM »

That's why we're here. Time to make a new list of 50 worst of all time.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 01:21:06 PM »

That's the Medveds list. It's notoriously bad. They were likely trolling with some of those choices: LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD is almost universally regarded as a classic. BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA may not be quite so loved, but it has many more fans than detractors.

The Medveds were terrible, but they are historically important as the first ones to champion the "bad movie" as its own genre of film. They really helped to launch the cult of Ed Wood.

Couldn't agree more. I never liked Medved's " golden Turkey"  contrived bulls**t.
I bet dollars to donuts they never even seen 3/4's the films they reviewed.
Calling PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE the worst film ever made is just plain lazy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:24:18 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »

The Omen? What the hell is that doing on the list.
genuinely great film imo... strange.

the Joan Collins semi-rip off I DON'T WANT TO BE BORN might be in my bottom 50 though!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »

BILLY JACK 
This movie was produced with a budget of 800,000$ back in 1973.  Released in 1974 and made $60 Million?    This movie is 2 hours of self indulgent drivel.  ... What do y'all think?

I think your own list is inclined to films you hate not the worst.  BILLY JACK (which I saw in a theater the year it was new) is heavy ham-handed but fun, too.  Look at BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (insufferable) or "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969 - quotes and all open-mouthed boring) to start with "worst". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 06:15:09 PM »

According to Cult Movies by Danny Perry, Billy Jack was made in 1967, but disputes between Tom Laughlin & producers caused dozens of delays, Laughlin even stealing the sound reels & threatening to erase them if he wasn't given total control, & ultimately leading to the film changing hands between three different production companies.

It was finally released by Warner Brothers in 1971, whom Laughlin later sued for improperly marketing the movie.
Part of an out of court settlement was a one-hundred theater rerelease.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 08:01:45 PM »

BILLY JACK 
This movie was produced with a budget of 800,000$ back in 1973.  Released in 1974 and made $60 Million?    This movie is 2 hours of self indulgent drivel.  ... What do y'all think?

I think your own list is inclined to films you hate not the worst.  BILLY JACK (which I saw in a theater the year it was new) is heavy ham-handed but fun, too.  Look at BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (insufferable) or "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969 - quotes and all open-mouthed boring) to start with "worst". 

The heavy handness overtakes the fun parts.  Even the fun parts get heavy handed.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »

Who makes these "lists"?
Because someone writes it down makes it so?
f**k that list!  Wink

All Joking aside ...Billy Jack!
I love Billy Jack! He does Kung Fu!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 08:22:30 PM »

BILLY JACK 

I think your own list is inclined to films you hate not the worst.  BILLY JACK (which I saw in a theater the year it was new) is heavy ham-handed but fun, too. 
 Look at BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (insufferable) or "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969 - quotes and all open-mouthed boring) to start with "worst". 

I agree!
BLOODSUCKING FREAKS I only watched once because I read about it in Fangoria magazine. I bought it from some company that was advertised in the magazine. I watched it. It's not shocking.It's dumb as a doorknob!

Small | Large

Oh! I'm so scared!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 08:26:23 PM »

We can all at least agree that BLOODSUCKING FREAKS is terrible.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »

BILLY JACK 

The heavy handness overtakes the fun parts.  Even the fun parts get heavy handed.

I think you think it's heavy handed because nothing is blowing up every 5 minutes.
It has a story. Not a comic book.
Actually it is a comic book. It's a guy with a cool hat doing kung fu.
I'm sorry!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.