Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:20:51 AM
714261 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: 50 worst of all time?  (Read 22158 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2020, 03:31:37 PM »

^ No, I haven't. I may have to look that up. Thanks!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.  Robo Vampires (1988)
Godfrey Ho's worst ever...and all his movies are terrible.

50.  Manos; The Hand of Fate (1966)
What hasn't been said about this stink bomb the past 30 years?  Some say “It's so bad it's good” kind of movie. I don't. But I can see why some do.

I like every one of those movies.
They are BAD, but entertaining as hell.

Can you tell me what happens in "Robo Vampires" and "Manos"??  Please, I need to know if I missed a scene or saw a different edit.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26.  Myra Breckinridge (1969)
I don't know why Gore Vidal disavowed this movie. It captures the essence of the book, which was supposed to be a satire of Hollywood and American culture..but was too mean spirited. The movie does follow the spirit and tone of the book flawlessly IMHO. The really twisted part is I love watching this movie anyway.

You enjoy the film.  That sounds like some kind of best not "worst".   Smile

it's universally bad. Even everyone who worked on it thought so.  But thats the only reason I love it, it has A list actors (except Mz. Welch) who accepted the paycheck for this stink bomb.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2020, 07:44:03 PM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.

3.  Robo Vampires (1988)
Godfrey Ho's worst ever...and all his movies are terrible.

50.  Manos; The Hand of Fate (1966)
What hasn't been said about this stink bomb the past 30 years?  Some say “It's so bad it's good” kind of movie. I don't. But I can see why some do.

I like every one of those movies.
They are BAD, but entertaining as hell.

Can you tell me what happens in "Robo Vampires" and "Manos"??  Please, I need to know if I missed a scene or saw a different edit.

Nothing. I saw the same versions you did.
I just enjoy them for the sheer insane audacity of the films.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2020, 07:56:46 PM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.
26.  Myra Breckinridge (1969)
I don't know why Gore Vidal disavowed this movie. It captures the essence of the book, which was supposed to be a satire of Hollywood and American culture..but was too mean spirited. The movie does follow the spirit and tone of the book flawlessly IMHO. The really twisted part is I love watching this movie anyway.

You enjoy the film.  That sounds like some kind of best not "worst".   Smile
it's universally bad. Even everyone who worked on it thought so.  But thats the only reason I love it, it has A list actors (except Mz. Welch) who accepted the paycheck for this stink bomb.
Well, you don't get me.  Sure, it's bad.  And remarkable.  You did confess you "love watching this movie". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »

that's the problem, there's good-bad and bad-bad. I think you need 2 seperate lists cause mixing those up can get complicated
I might suggest failure of purpose as a good compromise between the two. Of course, then you'd need to know what the filmakers intended to do.
Or just how much you enjoyed it.
I think maybe both those things combined

this is also why I think *intentionally* bad movies don't count... if you're winking at your audience then you've broken one of the 'rules' of good-bad movies (imo) - a rule that, ironically, can only be followed by not realising that rule exists!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »

that's the problem, there's good-bad and bad-bad. I think you need 2 seperate lists cause mixing those up can get complicated
I might suggest failure of purpose as a good compromise between the two. Of course, then you'd need to know what the filmakers intended to do.
Or just how much you enjoyed it.
I think maybe both those things combined

this is also why I think *intentionally* bad movies don't count... if you're winking at your audience then you've broken one of the 'rules' of good-bad movies (imo) - a rule that, ironically, can only be followed by not realising that rule exists!
There's a fine line like that imo. Shock humor breaks that a lot, sometimes it works like in Pink Flamingos; other times it doesn't like in Gross Out or Movie 43.

yeah no.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2020, 08:00:26 AM »

fair point. also there's the fact that one person's good-bad can be another's bad-bad... for example I think THE HOWLING PART 7 is amazing-bad, but most people seem to think it's bad in a bad way.

ultimately who knows  Question

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »

Bob, I think, hates Bucky Larson with a passion.

Damn straight

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2020, 12:56:33 PM »

12.  The Wraith (1986)
Charlie Sheen thankfully had very little dialogue in this stink bomb.   It has a cult following, which I can see, it has some elements that could be endearing to some (heck, I love Death Machines) so I can't fault anyone for liking this.  Side note; I think Clint Howard borrowed the wig from Eraserhead.

29.  Xtro (1984)
The writer/director went out of his way to be spiteful to not only the audience but all humanity.  This director has even more contempt for humanity than Andy Milligan.

31.  Supergirl (1984)
Salkinds really wanted to keep cashing in on their Superman success.  And would have if they got a real writer and real director.

41.  Popeye; The Movie (1980)
What possessed Robert Atlman and Jules Fifer to team up and adapt the cartoon, Popeye into a live action film?  Seriously.  Anyone know the answer?

45.  Nothing But Trouble (1991)
Dan Akcroyd was given free reign to do what every he wanted with dump trucks full of Hollywood money.

47.  The History of the World Part I (1980)
Yes, I put a Mel Brooks movie on the 50 worst movies of all time. Much as I love Mel Brooks, this movie needed a miracle.

I unironically enjoy these movies. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »

I think Kornula has a broad interest in films, and recognizes BAD.  But disliking a movie is just not enough reason to cite it as "worst of all time".  Other people's opinions are largely irrelevant, it's about what the viewer writing the list thinks.  If you know it's BAD and enjoy it, own it.  I think "worst" has got to at least approach "bad bad" as suggested above; no good for anybody.

I do think MANOS THE HANDS OF FATE is imminently forgettable.  It's inordinately dull.  It belongs on a 50 worst list to me, yet I have seen WORSE! 

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2020, 04:53:30 PM »

I think Kornula has a broad interest in films, and recognizes BAD.  But disliking a movie is just not enough reason to cite it as "worst of all time".  Other people's opinions are largely irrelevant, it's about what the viewer writing the list thinks.  If you know it's BAD and enjoy it, own it.  I think "worst" has got to at least approach "bad bad" as suggested above; no good for anybody.

I do think MANOS THE HANDS OF FATE is imminently forgettable.  It's inordinately dull.  It belongs on a 50 worst list to me, yet I have seen WORSE! 

Recently, a list of Movies that Roger Ebert HATED popped up in a Facebook feed. Naturally, I read it and was shocked the movies he haated.  they weren't bad.. nor memorable.. just eh.   

Everyone has reasons they find movies "bad".. or just bad all together.  I agree, there are worse movies than MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE. 

I posted my personal list to generate a discussion.. which is happening.  :P

What is worse than Manos btw...and why.   
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2020, 05:11:52 PM »

the reason I like MANOS is because it's just so surreal. Made by a fertilizer salesman!
Oh yeah-
TORGO!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2020, 05:40:34 PM »

Recently, a list of Movies that Roger Ebert HATED popped up in a Facebook feed. Naturally, I read it and was shocked the movies he haated.  they weren't bad.. nor memorable.. just eh.   
I hate LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT but I am forced to recognize:
a. It's actually a little good,
b. It's very important. 

Everyone has reasons they find movies "bad".. or just bad all together.  I agree, there are worse movies than MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE. 
What is worse than Manos btw...and why.   
"IT'S ALIVE!" (1969) which was made for TV is worse.  Why?  It is so long and oh so boring and... the best part is the first meandering 30 minutes to pad running time... MANOS is almost like a comedy, "IT'S ALIVE!" isn't funny at all.  And I watched it thrice. 

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »

You know something, I forgot I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.