Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:37:33 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sub Rosa Studios « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sub Rosa Studios  (Read 1189 times)
claws
« on: November 30, 2020, 10:14:10 PM »

Home of Tim Ritter's Killing Spree (1987), Scarlet Fry's Horrorama (1989) and several Polonia Bros movies. In mail order days Sub Rosa's Shatter Dead (1994) was a hot item. But it still was a bad movie.
Not surprisingly, Sub Rosa would collaborate with Brain Damage ever so often. Here are some Sub Rosa titles I've seen and own:

Shatter Dead (1994)) - 1.5/5 (Barely Sufficient)
Ice from the Sun (1999) -. 1.5/5 (Barely Sufficient)
F.A.R.T. The Movie (1991) - 1/5 (Poor)
Terror House (1998) .- 1/5 (Poor)
Insaniac (2002) - 0/5 (Awful)
Last House on Hell Street (2002) - 0/5 (Awful)
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 01:10:15 AM »

My old review from IMDb. 42 out 44 people found my review to be useful  TeddyR

Last Suck On Dull Street

Makes you wonder in what century this movie is suppose to take place as we see people wearing white blouses, white and weird-shaped dresses and bonnets ... a woman is killed by her husband because of their, um, crazy son? I'm guessing because I dozed off a minute or two. The murdered woman returns speaking directly into the camera narrating the entire movie. We see a young married couple holding hands skipping through fields and forests and sharing an apple for lunch. Later the woman is tied and tortured by the same guy. She escapes and kills him with an axe and yells ... something I didn't understand. We see a close-up of a birds nest with red pulsating meat inside which transforms into a man. Woman & man hold hands skipping through fields and forests. The End.

Suck. Suck. Suck. Why must most Indie Horror suck? I mean, they get the gore right but the rest is dressed in artsy fartsy boredom. I'm surprised my brain did not explode but damn - talk about suck, dull and boring. Gets my vote for worst film I watched this year. Here are crimes LAST HOUSE ON HELL STREET committed:
#10 BORING. Don't try to pass your film as art because HELLO! it's not. You are NOT David Lynch. But if you must insist to be "different" PLEASE make it somewhat enjoyable.
#9 DUCKS. Symbolism for Married Bliss and reference to the film? but still pointless since they kill each other. Or maybe the filmmaker had no clue and just filmed the ducks to annoy the audience.
#8 NATURE-FOOTAGE. Yes! do I ever love seeing footage of trees, branches and twigs! Mother nature is so exciting.
#7 SOUNDS OF SILENCE. When people's lips move but there's no sound they A: have nothing important to say or B: the sound-editor screwed up or C: it was intentional. Which is even worse.
#6 UPSIDE DOWN FOOTAGE. Just a lame attempt to pass as art.
#5 REVERSAL FOOTAGE. See #6
#4 WHERE THE HOUSE HAS NO STREET. Not trying to nitpick but since this movie is called LAST HOUSE ON HELL STREET where's the street?
#3 REVERSAL FOOTAGE ... AGAIN. We do get to see one scene three times even. What gives? Not a good scene either.
#2 SCHMACK VIRGIN. No, I'm not cussing. That's the actual name of the lead actor.
#1 JOHN SPECHT. Guilty as charged.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:57:11 AM by claws » Logged
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »

Ray and Migdalia Etheridge who made F.A.R.T. The Movie are still making movies. They peaced out between 1991 and 2006 but since then they’ve directed a slew of what looks like abysmal crap. I’m tempted to check them out, but know I’ll never get those hours of my life back.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sub Rosa Studios « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.