Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:35:56 AM
713395 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Violent **** (1989-2010 German Horror Series) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Violent **** (1989-2010 German Horror Series)  (Read 2693 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 05, 2020, 06:59:34 PM »

I didn’t want to use the full title since it has a swear word, but some of you folks must know what I’m talking about. The Andreas Schnaas series.

Anyway, I just got done watching the full series on a DVD collection released by Synapse. It certainly is something  Smile
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »

I've known and read about those for many years yet I never had any desire to watch them and probably never will.
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:50:09 PM »

There was a 2015 movie as well, but Schnaas wasn't involved. 

Like claws, I've heard of it before but never had any desire to watch it. 
The killer Karl the Butcher does have a decent design though.  I'll give it that. 
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »

There was a 2015 movie as well, but Schnaas wasn't involved. 

The killer Karl the Butcher does have a decent design though.  I'll give it that. 

Yes, I didn’t include the 2015 film in the title since like you said Schnaas had no involvement. It is sometimes considered a remake, but from what I’ve read the plot is quite different. The original doesn’t have much of a plot at all  Smile I ordered the 2015 film at the same time I ordered the box set, but it’s shipping from across the country so still waiting on it.

The 2015 film’s budget also absolutely dwarfs the budget of all the other movies, possibly combined. It is still low budget, but was made for 150,000 Euros. By comparison the original film was SOV (as were all the other Schnaas Butcher films) and made using rented video cameras. No idea what the budget was, but Zombie ‘90 also made by Schnaas was made for merely $2,000, so probably less than that.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 01:36:37 AM »

thirded... not sure why but something about that title just sounds so arrogant and off-putting to me. maybe I should check one out before judging

btw it doesn't let you swear on here. can't even type FASTER p***yCAT KILL KILL!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:39:03 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 01:46:08 AM »

thirded... not sure why but something about that title just sounds so arrogant and off-putting to me. maybe I should check one outbegore judging

btw you can't swear on here. s**t s**t s**t

I couldn’t remember if it was “you can’t swear” (the filters will fix it) or “you can’t swear” (we’ll send you to the punishment room of a thousand torments).

I highly recommend checking the series out. I found the title off putting too when I first read it all those years ago. It sounds so low brow and how do you even mention it in conversation with the normal folk? But I changed my mind years ago. It’s like another movie I was entertained by “The Best of Sex and Violence” Both sound like hit movies in the darkest dystopian future and something only weirdos would watch. Maybe that’s all true. But I also think with such titles they’re just being blunt and not pretending to be anything more than they are. This is Violent s**t. Think of it what you will  Smile
chainsaw midget

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 07:20:29 AM »

Maybe that’s all true. But I also think with such titles they’re just being blunt and not pretending to be anything more than they are. This is Violent s**t.
That would stand up a lot better if they didn't actually list the character as "K. The Butcher S**tter" in the credits. 
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »

Maybe that’s all true. But I also think with such titles they’re just being blunt and not pretending to be anything more than they are. This is Violent s**t.
That would stand up a lot better if they didn't actually list the character as "K. The Butcher S**tter" in the credits.  

I don’t see how that goes against my point of not trying to be something that it’s not. When you hear a title like Violent s**t you expect insanity. Having your main character named K. The Butcher s**tter, that fits right in there.

It’s a laugh. Nothing to think about beyond that. It’s not like some shock cinema that expects grad students to dissect it despite only being known by most people for some shocking scenes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:29:21 PM by dcj2112 » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 10:31:01 AM »

I heard of it.
But yeah- I really have no reason to watch something that...aw bulls**t. I watch movies because of the titles all the time.
But I read about- and it sounds dumb as a bag of doorknobs.
Of course I watch movies that ARE dumb as a bag of doorknobs....
so I really have no clue what this is about, I'm just bored.

What's it about?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »

check out the Cinema snob episodes on this series by the way it's a character he uses just like the AVGN is a character as well
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 03:50:52 AM »

I found the first one from 1989 on YT but it's in german (except weirdly the on-screen captions are in english?)... I watched the first 10 minutes... straight away it reminds me of THINGS (also from '89), maybe just cause of the production values - or lack of them - and the droney music. it looks like it was all done on a camcorder. the sound is "absolutely pants" as we say here in the uk.

I don't know if I could watch all of it even dubbed in english.

I am a fan of THINGS though, and watch it every couple of years. It has a bizarre charm to it

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 01:24:32 AM »

Brad Jones who plays The Cinema snob calls those films shot on s**tteo.  which is what those films are, the last one from 10 years ago wasn't shot on that but the rest apparently were.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Violent **** (1989-2010 German Horror Series) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.