Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:06:50 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)  (Read 2515 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 24, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »

My sister and brother in law gifted me a ticket to see it this morning and I'm glad I went: it was really, really good.

I was expecting to see a movie filled with woke BS, males are bad and cancel culture, instead I saw none of that and the bad person in the film is a woman, not a guy.

Diana Prince is portrayed as a person with failings and needs and is not portrayed as perfect in any way, even when she kicks some serious butt.

That mid credits scene - no spoilers - seriously made me cry,  but happy tears.

Only one issue with the film: I was on my own in the theater. Not nice.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »

Hi Trevor, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Cheers

Glad to hear that you liked Wonder Woman, as I'm going to see it soon. I've been looking forward to this for a long time, as the first movie is excellent, Gal Gadot is fabulous as WW, and the trailers to the new movie look insane. Will be back with my thoughts in the next few weeks!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 01:09:50 AM »

Why 1984?  Question
She looks like Lynda Carter circa 1974!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Archivist

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:01 PM »

Got to see WW84 on the weekend, and really enjoyed it. As much as I watch these movies from an analytical standpoint, I also deeply enjoy movies for the sake of movies. All the technical aspects of the movie, like direction, cinematography, effects and fight scenes were of a high standard, as you would expect from a tentpole movie.

Interestingly, there didn't seem to be any tie in with futhre plots or characters in the DCEU. This was a standalone story that could almost be transplanted to other superheroes or even theatrical universes. There were times when the action felt very cartoony and in line with the tone of the TV show, but with modern production values. In some ways, it felt like a fantasy movie set in the Wonder Woman universe.

Fortunately, the villain wasn't a true villain in the sense of being evil, but a desperate grifter who was hooked into something much larger than himself. Same for the supporting villainess. These thing contributed to the cartoony feel, with no one being truly evil and destructive, but misguided and tempted by envy and desire. Perhaps that's a lesson that the scriptwriters and director wanted to push to a younger audience.

Seeing all the 80s sets, clothing and things really took me back, which was an added bonus. There's a scene in the beginning of the film which I don't believe was explicitly tied in to a lesson later in the film, but perhaps I wasn't watching closely enough.

All in all, it's a decent and enjoyable film, further showcasing Gal Gadot as a very personable actress with a lot of on screen charisma, and giving more insight into Wonder Woman's character. It will be interesting to see where they take the third Wonder Woman film.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 03:58:47 PM »

Got to see WW84 on the weekend, and really enjoyed it. As much as I watch these movies from an analytical standpoint, I also deeply enjoy movies for the sake of movies. All the technical aspects of the movie, like direction, cinematography, effects and fight scenes were of a high standard, as you would expect from a tentpole movie.

Interestingly, there didn't seem to be any tie in with futhre plots or characters in the DCEU. This was a standalone story that could almost be transplanted to other superheroes or even theatrical universes. There were times when the action felt very cartoony and in line with the tone of the TV show, but with modern production values. In some ways, it felt like a fantasy movie set in the Wonder Woman universe.

Fortunately, the villain wasn't a true villain in the sense of being evil, but a desperate grifter who was hooked into something much larger than himself. Same for the supporting villainess. These thing contributed to the cartoony feel, with no one being truly evil and destructive, but misguided and tempted by envy and desire. Perhaps that's a lesson that the scriptwriters and director wanted to push to a younger audience.

Seeing all the 80s sets, clothing and things really took me back, which was an added bonus. There's a scene in the beginning of the film which I don't believe was explicitly tied in to a lesson later in the film, but perhaps I wasn't watching closely enough.

All in all, it's a decent and enjoyable film, further showcasing Gal Gadot as a very personable actress with a lot of on screen charisma, and giving more insight into Wonder Woman's character. It will be interesting to see where they take the third Wonder Woman film.

What did you think of the mid credits scene? Made me blub happy tears.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 02:26:21 PM »

Why 1984?  Question
She looks like Lynda Carter circa 1974!

BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Archivist

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 06:21:37 AM »

What did you think of the mid credits scene? Made me blub happy tears.

Yes! I loved that part, too!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.