Main Menu

ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!

Started by bob, January 06, 2021, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

So wait a sec. Were they BLM protesters masquerading as trump supporters or were they sincere people with justified anger? Can you make up your mind? And I mean if they were BLM infiltrators, wouldn't you have had the same level of violence as their protests? Its a bit inconsistent really.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

LilCerberus

Quote from: Alex on January 07, 2021, 04:12:21 PM
So wait a sec. Were they BLM protesters masquerading as trump supporters or were they sincere people with justified anger? Can you make up your mind? And I mean if they were BLM infiltrators, wouldn't you have had the same level of violence as their protests? Its a bit inconsistent really.

You're getting your left wing hate groups mixed up.
I'll explain when you're old enough to tell the difference.
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 04:18:48 PM

Could be worse, I mean you are getting your realities mixed up. And let's face it, you are just trying to cover up that you've messed up and can't explain it.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Newt

Quote from: Alex on January 07, 2021, 03:53:38 PM
I agree. Deposing him at this point would cause more problems than it is worth.

They are looking for ways to preclude him running in 2024.

I agree with AHD:  there is no limit to the damage this person could do in two weeks, given his mindset and his demonstrated previous behaviours.
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

pacman000

Quote from: Alex on January 07, 2021, 04:20:13 PM

Could be worse, I mean you are getting your realities mixed up. And let's face it, you are just trying to cover up that you've messed up and can't explain it.
Remember a few months ago, when protestors tore up monuments along the National Mall? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/31/fires-light-up-washington-dc-on-third-night-of-george-floyd-protests The response in the following days was similar to LiCeberus' today; "It's not the protestors fault! It's the other side! They snuck in with our side & made us look bad, or tempted us to do wrong with them!" It's a stupid argument, from either side.

Also:

QuoteI'll explain when you're old enough to tell the difference.

QuoteCould be worse, I mean you are getting your realities mixed up.

These are insults, not arguments. Insults help nothing; they only breed more discord. If you want to make a case for a viewpoint, go ahead, but name calling, insulting someone's intelligence or mental state, is not making your case; at best it's demonstrating that you have no case to make; at worse it shows others that you are the bad apple.

LilCerberus

Quote from: pacman000 on January 07, 2021, 04:43:10 PM

Remember a few months ago, when protestors tore up monuments along the National Mall? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/31/fires-light-up-washington-dc-on-third-night-of-george-floyd-protests The response in the following days was similar to LiCeberus' today; "It's not the protestors fault! It's the other side! They snuck in with our side & made us look bad, or tempted us to do wrong with them!" It's a stupid argument, from either side.

Also:

These are insults, not arguments. Insults help nothing; they only breed more discord. If you want to make a case for a viewpoint, go ahead, but name calling, insulting someone's intelligence or mental state, is not making your case; at best it's demonstrating that you have no case to make; at worse it shows others that you are the bad apple.

Jeez!
I'm just asking people to "THINK"!
Instead, I'm insulted, reminded there's no getting past their hate!
It gets frustrating real quick!
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Newt

Quote from: pacman000 on January 07, 2021, 01:36:28 PM
Have you seen this man? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/where-have-you-seen-this-guy-before-qanon-shaman-in-horned-hat-stood-front-and-center-in-capitol-riot/ar-BB1cyAOb?ocid=msedgdhp

He invaded the capital in a fuzzy horned hat!  :bouncegiggle:

I know this is a serious issue, but he looks so goofy I had to laugh. Posting this to provide some sort of release; not to make fun of anyone, nor to make light of a terrible situation.

His name is Jake Angeli.  He is from Phoenix AZ.  He is associated in some way with Qanon and is known to be a longtime Trump supporter.
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

bob

All the chaos  and violence  yesterday was clearly caused by members of the cult of Trump who stormed the Capitol.

To blame anyone else for it is a clear lack of anything that can be resembling a logical thought.
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

indianasmith

I'm praying for an emergency cabinet meeting and a 25th amendment resolution to remove him over the weekend.
A man who is BANNED from social media for inciting violence against our government has his finger on the nuclear button?

UNACCEPTABLE!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: pacman000 on January 07, 2021, 04:43:10 PM

Also:

Jeez!
I'm just asking people to "THINK"!
Instead, I'm insulted, reminded there's no getting past their hate!
It gets frustrating real quick!
Think about what?
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 04:03:50 PM
Still more facebook friend wisdom.....
"Yesterday was not a "coup attempt" as recklessly charged by so many, particularly the media.
If the intention had been a coup, it would have been easily accomplished. The mass of people was so large that they could have overtaken the Capitol.
And when told to disperse and leave the area, tens of thousands of peaceful Trump supporters did just that. And did so for the rest of the night.  When darkness fell, there were no fires set, police cars were not trashed as we have seen from leftist protestors, and the city remained calm.
Do NOT paint sincere people -  who express justified anger and frustration with elected officials who repeatedly marginalize and attack them - as Insurrectionists and traitors.
It wasn't an Insurrection either. If that had been the case there would be members of Congress lying on a coroner's slab right now"

That's a CRAP defense. 
Why do you trump apologists reach for any excuse, explanation, complaint, throw all at the wall and see what sticks? 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

LilCerberus

Leah

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 06:25:13 PM
Congress brought this on themselves.
Pretty sure Trump started this when he asked for his supporters to come to DC on the same day that the elector college votes were going to be counted. :lookingup:
yeah no.