Main Menu

ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!

Started by bob, January 06, 2021, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lester1/2jr

Theres no big conspiracy. this was a dumb riot. There wasn't any election fraud. No, there's nothing holy or sacred about the halls of the capitol, but it was a bad reason to go there and turn the place upside down. We can only be thankful that more people weren't killed or hurt

and yes, I felt the exact same way about the riots this past summer. pointless destruction by bored people

ER

Quote from: pacman000 on January 07, 2021, 01:36:28 PM
Have you seen this man? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/where-have-you-seen-this-guy-before-qanon-shaman-in-horned-hat-stood-front-and-center-in-capitol-riot/ar-BB1cyAOb?ocid=msedgdhp

He invaded the capital in a fuzzy horned hat!  :bouncegiggle:

I know this is a serious issue, but he looks so goofy I had to laugh. Posting this to provide some sort of release; not to make fun of anyone, nor to make light of a terrible situation.

He's with the reactionary wing of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo,  Bedrock Chapter.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 10:56:23 PM
"The Capitol building, arguably one of the most securely protected buildings in the nation.  Snipers on the buildings around it.  Funny how some "protesters" so easily breached all layers of security today.  Able to get into the gallery for a pic.  Able to get into Pelosi's office for a pic.  Able to get right up behind the seat Pence uses and to get by the VP's secret service agents? Do you really believe anyone could so easily get into that chamber?  If they could then that security team should certainly lose their job.  Perhaps, though, they were ALLOWED in.  Get curious.  Step back from the drama being perpetuated and ask questions.  Don't just take in what the media is feeding you.  Think about it critically.  If you've ever been to DC you've seen the guards, the snipers, the metal detectors on just a "regular" day."
Karen McCormick, Breitbart

Snipers?   :bouncegiggle:  Damn them Dems!   :bouncegiggle:  Whattabuncha Happy Horsesh!t!   :bouncegiggle:   U watch 2 many MOOVEEZ 

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 11:15:42 PM
Quote from: Zapranoth on January 07, 2021, 11:13:25 PM
You do realize that Breitbart is ....

.....  Lunatic fringe!   In the twilight's last gleaming!

Again, says the kettle to the pot......... :lookingup:

You definitely need to get back on your meds.  
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: lester1/2jr on January 07, 2021, 11:48:28 PM
Theres no big conspiracy. this was a dumb riot. There wasn't any election fraud. No, there's nothing holy or sacred about the halls of the capitol, but it was a bad reason to go there and turn the place upside down. We can only be thankful that more people weren't killed or hurt
and yes, I felt the exact same way about the riots this past summer. pointless destruction by bored people

Agreed.  I would add only that any of either aren't just bored, but influenced and ANGRY

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on January 08, 2021, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: pacman000 on January 07, 2021, 01:36:28 PM
Have you seen this man? ...
He invaded the capital in a fuzzy horned hat!  :bouncegiggle:

He's with the reactionary wing of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo,  Bedrock Chapter.

I must point out that I have been hatin' on the Flintstones for at least a few months! 

RCMerchant

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 09:47:06 PM
Seriously
Same thing happened in Charlottesville....
After a year long investigation, they found out the police chief told his men to stand down...

I get the feeling they wanted the same thing here.
Just doesn't pass the smell test.

I actually agree with this.
The cops in Charlottesville and the protesters wanted the same intangible thing.
A  woman died there too.
Trump. He wanted this to happen. Season finale! His whole presidency has been a reality show.

Speaking of cops - an officer died from injuries during the riots.
Of course this is from the "fake nooz"- so-tell that to this officers family.
People are dying because this guy promotes it.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Zapranoth

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 11:15:42 PM
Quote from: Zapranoth on January 07, 2021, 11:13:25 PM
You do realize that Breitbart is ....

.....  Lunatic fringe!   In the twilight's last gleaming!

Again, says the kettle to the pot......... :lookingup:

... A better way to put it, is this:

In the interest of a seemingly serious debate, your brought up breitbart news network as a credible source.

Breitbart is an extreme right news source.  It was conceived to represent the alt-right.    It has posted and favored viewpoints that are overtly racist, among other things (such as conspiracy theory)

Personally, i do not stand in favor of racism or of white power.   I believe that these things are wrong.  Morallly, absolutely wrong.    I stand against racism.  I stand against white power.

The source that you cite stands for these things.  By bringing that site into the conversation, what you imply to me is that you are saying that you favor white power, that you believe that the voice of racism should be heard and amplified.    That these things are not immoral, that they are not wrong.

Does that make the difference in our points of view more clear to you?  And, have I misunderstood your point of view?

RCMerchant

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 11:39:59 PM
Quote from: bob on January 07, 2021, 11:30:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Yes, I must concede, describing something as being "In the twilight's last gleaming" is pretty damned confusing, & I'm not sure why I responded to that..........

It's so difficult being amongst people who refuse to thimk in order to indulge my fascination with poorly made movies.........

...seen any bad movies lately?
You would love this one!
I know I do!

http://youtu.be/9xH_Zf1usWQ
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

pacman000

Quote from: Zapranoth on January 08, 2021, 10:07:09 AM
... A better way to put it, is this:

In the interest of a seemingly serious debate, your brought up breitbart news network as a credible source.

Breitbart is an extreme right news source.  It was conceived to represent the alt-right.    It has posted and favored viewpoints that are overtly racist, among other things (such as conspiracy theory)

Personally, i do not stand in favor of racism or of white power.   I believe that these things are wrong.  Morallly, absolutely wrong.    I stand against racism.  I stand against white power.

The source that you cite stands for these things.  By bringing that site into the conversation, what you imply to me is that you are saying that you favor white power, that you believe that the voice of racism should be heard and amplified.    That these things are not immoral, that they are not wrong.

Does that make the difference in our points of view more clear to you?  And, have I misunderstood your point of view?
Should've gone with that response in the first place; dismissing something as "lunatic fringe" without saying why is also wrong.

I don't know about Breitbart or the Alt-Right; I've seen the term Alt-Right thrown around a lot, but I've never seen a good definition. I once read an article there, but it was just an AP repost with some angry conservative commentary added to the end; not something I'd want to read regularly, but also not something I can get up in arms about.

As for morals... I might disagree with a news service on an issue, or many issues. I may even believe that the service is intrinsically, morally wrong. But refusing to listen to them doesn't bring the nation together; it only divides us further. Merely saying we should have peace & unity does nothing if half the nation dismissed the other half as lunatics. Everyone should take a hard look at the other side, not to try to find fault, but to try to understand why they think the way they do.

And no assuming "X believes Y because they are hateful/bigoted/thieves/elite/lazy/greedy whatever." That's labeling; that's not understanding.

Quote from: RCMerchant on January 08, 2021, 10:31:39 AM
Quote from: LilCerberus on January 07, 2021, 11:39:59 PM
Quote from: bob on January 07, 2021, 11:30:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Yes, I must concede, describing something as being "In the twilight's last gleaming" is pretty damned confusing, & I'm not sure why I responded to that..........

It's so difficult being amongst people who refuse to thimk in order to indulge my fascination with poorly made movies.........

...seen any good movies lately?
Sadly, no. Been a week or so since I've sat down & watched a movie. Seen lots of TV tho; mostly The Mentalist.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: pacman000 on January 08, 2021, 10:34:44 AM
...Should've gone with that response in the first place; dismissing something as "lunatic fringe" without saying why is also wrong.
I don't know about Breitbart or the Alt-Right; I've seen the term Alt-Right thrown around a lot, but I've never seen a good definition. I once read an article there, but it was just an AP repost with some angry conservative commentary added to the end; not something I'd want to read regularly, but also not something I can get up in arms about.
As for morals... I might disagree with a news service on an issue, or many issues. I may even believe that the service is intrinsically, morally wrong. But refusing to listen to them doesn't bring the nation together; it only divides us further. Merely saying we should have peace & unity does nothing if half the nation dismissed the other half as lunatics. Everyone should take a hard look at the other side, not to try to find fault, but to try to understand why they think the way they do.
And no assuming "X believes Y because they are hateful/bigoted/thieves/elite/lazy/greedy whatever." That's labeling; that's not understanding.
Sorry, that is a tap dance.  Like saying there are "wonderful people on both sides".  Been flirting with any of those alt right opinions?  If you don't know about Breitbart, let me assure you they ARE neo-fascist.  Also, they publish purposely misleading information.  They are indeed "fringe".

pacman000

It must be a tap dance; charging one way or the other will only create more division.

RCMerchant

Who's this scumbag?
Is that the ghost of Millard Fillmore standing in the background?

A f**king Confederate Flag in the White House.
That's what this whole presidency has been.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

LilCerberus

Quote from: RCMerchant on January 08, 2021, 11:15:29 AM
Who's this scumbag?

That's what this whole presidency has been.

Someone at the wrong rally!
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Allhallowsday

Who's this scumbag?

That's what this whole presidency has been...

Uhm, the Capitol...

RCMerchant

Quote from: Allhallowsday on January 08, 2021, 12:46:36 PM
Who's this scumbag?

That's what this whole presidency has been...

Uhm, the Capitol...

Yeah. I'm brain dead.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!