Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:46:57 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
Author Topic: ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!  (Read 49418 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »

Awright- this chit chat is going nowhere.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2021, 10:46:03 PM »

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2021, 11:18:27 PM »

Two articles of impeachment have still not been brought forth; evidence and witnesses.

IF the democrats pull this off, it will a very dangerous legal precedent entailing the democrats can do this to any congress person at any time, with or without reason.

The partisan hacks have yet to disprove the majority of election fraud allegations in a manner that does not include any incendiary language on their own part.

As for the Kool-Aid, we all know it comes in many flavors, so quit pretending you're not sneaking sips when nobody's looking.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2021, 11:49:24 PM »

... Y' mean like the way the press has bee using the keyword "Baseless" everyday for two months?

"Baseless"?  You mean as in the "baseless" assertion of "election fraud"? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2021, 01:13:50 AM »

Breaking news!
President Lincoln has been kidnapped!  Buggedout

Most people take little shampoo bottles, or towels!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:16:45 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2021, 01:22:21 AM »

As for the Kool-Aid, we all know it comes in many flavors, so quit pretending you're not sneaking sips when nobody's looking.

Oh- I'm drinking something- it ain't Kool-Aid!  Drink

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:52:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2021, 01:51:14 AM »

Two articles of impeachment have still not been brought forth; evidence and witnesses.

IF the democrats pull this off, it will a very dangerous legal precedent entailing the democrats can do this to any congress person at any time, with or without reason.

The partisan hacks have yet to disprove the majority of election fraud allegations in a manner that does not include any incendiary language on their own part.

They're are witnesses-  They were in the Chamber!  On TV- and he told them- along with Rudy-who said "trail by combat". Mike Pence was to be hanged!
Fer Christ sake- I know you said you had a learning disorder, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Get a grip!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:54:36 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2021, 01:58:09 AM »

You never answered 2 questions I asked- you diverted.
Here's a simple one.
What do you want???  Question

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2021, 02:01:40 AM »

There are witnesses- but why bother? They were in the Chamber! Mike Pence was to be hanged!
Fer Christ sake- I know you said you had a learning disorder, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Get a grip!

There's really no point in arguing or discussing. Some people are set in their ways and no matter what you say they will never ever change their stance,. Bring up evidence and they dismiss it as "fake news" because it doesn't fit their agenda. Of course they seek out "alternative" news sources that fit their agenda.
This is just a fruitless back and forth because no one will budge.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2021, 02:08:57 AM »

That's a real nice sediment. And I mean the stuff that sits on the bottom of the river.
I'm sure we we all like to just have a group hug in this world.
It's not gonna happen any time soon .
I can't hardly wait for what these crazy hillbillys are gonna do in Michigan.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:28:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2021, 02:19:53 AM »

I WILL FIGHT THIS!
(meaning I will type all caps while I'm sitting by my self- watching Xhamster and screaming at the walls.)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:48:01 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2021, 04:42:05 AM »

You have to provide actual evidence of fraud for it to be disproven, something trump's legal team failed to do in any of his legal challenges. The alleged fraud that has not been presented in court has been discredited, you just have to look on real news sources instead of fake news ones like Breitbart.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2021, 10:06:12 AM »

AP finds most arrested in protests aren’t leftist radicals

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump portrays the hundreds of people arrested nationwide in protests against racial injustice as violent urban left-wing radicals. But an Associated Press review of thousands of pages of court documents tells a different story.

Very few of those charged appear to be affiliated with highly organized extremist groups, and many are young suburban adults from the very neighborhoods Trump vows to protect from the violence in his reelection push to win support from the suburbs.

Attorney General William Barr has urged his prosecutors to bring federal charges on protesters who cause violence and has suggested that rarely used sedition charges could apply. And the Department of Justice has pushed for detention even as prisons across the U.S. were releasing high-risk inmates because of COVID-19 and prosecutors had been told to consider the risks of incarceration during a pandemic when seeking detention.

Defense attorneys and civil rights activists are questioning why the Department of Justice has taken on cases to begin with. They say most belong in state court, where defendants typically get much lighter sentences. And they argue federal authorities appear to be cracking down on protesters in an effort to stymie demonstrations.

“It is highly unusual, and without precedent in recent American history,” said Ron Kuby, a longtime attorney who isn’t involved in the cases but has represented scores of clients over the years in protest-related incidents. “Almost all of the conduct that’s being charged is conduct that, when it occurs, is prosecuted at the state and local level.”

In one case in Utah, where a police car was burned, federal prosecutors had to defend why they were bringing arson charges in federal court. They said it was appropriate because the patrol car was used in interstate commerce.

Not to say there hasn’t been violence. Other police cars have been set on fire. Officers have been injured and blinded. Windows have been smashed, stores looted, businesses destroyed.

Of more than 300 arrested, there are about 286 defendants, others had charges dropped. Some live in cities like Portland and Seattle where local prosecutors declined to bring some protest-related charges.

Some of those facing charges undoubtedly share far-left and anti-government views. Far-right protesters also have been arrested and charged. Some defendants have driven to protests from out of state. Some have criminal records and were illegally carrying weapons. Others are accused of using the protests as an opportunity to steal or create havoc.

But many have had no previous run-ins with the law and no apparent ties to antifa, the umbrella term for leftist militant groups that Trump has said he wants to declare a terrorist organization.

Even though most of the demonstrations have been peaceful, Trump has made “law and order” a major part of his reelection campaign, casting the protests as lawless and violent in mostly Democratic cities he says have done nothing to stymie the mayhem. If the cities refuse to properly clamp down, he says, the federal government has to step in.

“I know about antifa, and I know about the radical left, and I know how violent they are and how vicious they are, and I know how they are burning down cities run by Democrats,” Trump said at an NBC town hall.

In dozens of cases, the government has pushed to keep the protesters behind bars while they await their trials amid the COVID-19 pandemic, which has killed more than 220,000 people across the U.S. There have been more than 16,000 positive cases in the federal prison system, according to a tracker compiled by the AP and The Marshall Project.

In some cases, prosecutors have gone so far as appealing judge’s orders to release defendants. Pre-trial detention generally is reserved only for people who are clearly dangers to the community or a risk of fleeing.

In Texas, Magistrate Judge Andrew Austin repeatedly challenged the prosecutor to explain why Cyril Lartigue, who authorities say was caught on camera making a Molotov cocktail, should be behind bars while he awaits his trial. Lartigue, of Cedar Park, described his actions that night as a “flash of stupidity,” prosecutors said.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2021, 11:07:23 AM »

Nothing that we write on these forums will change reality. The movers and shakers of the world aren't reading badmovies.org off-topic discussion looking for ideas.

What we can do here, though, is influence each other positively by coming to understand each others' points of view. If you only hang out in echo chambers, it's easy to think of the "other side" as evil. When you have to face people who you share interests with and whose lives you know a little bit more about, that's a lot more difficult.

I don't agree with much of what some of you have to say, but I know you are not evil. That, believe it or not, is progress.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2021, 11:11:16 AM »

Apparently, there is a growing sense of betrayal amongst trumps supporters who went to Washington. They feel they risked their lives and liberty for him, only for him to turn around and denounce them.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.