Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:26:59 AM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  For any fellow fans of 'Horror Express'. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For any fellow fans of 'Horror Express'.  (Read 2963 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 03, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

Looks like it is getting a new release.  Cheers

http://johnlprobert.blogspot.com/2019/02/horror-express-1972.html?fbclid=IwAR1nHZOG8lO2yrl9xud3LY_PMuqcibRvEAKT3SU3O8BNBlTr6srR9FSoJYQ

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:31:45 AM »

I have only seen it once, back in VHS days. Don't even recall if I liked it or not. Maybe I should revisit with this new release.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 11:40:28 AM »

I have seen it floating around on Youtube if you want to check it out first.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »

HORROR EXPRESS (1972) 

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:01:23 PM »

it was recently  aired on Svengoolie and ghawd DAMN did they have a beautiful copy of it, it was  the clearest and sharpest one i'd ever seen of this classic,  by far.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:51:40 AM »

I really wish Andrew had published my review on here: still one of my all time favourite creepy films. I saw it on TV in my home town in black and white as Rhodesian TV didn't broadcast in colour yet.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 01:54:09 AM »

It was based on "who goes there? ",  the same novella as "the thing".  I liked it because it had the alien speaking as itself,  something most movies lack.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 06:40:43 AM »

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,128946.0.html

My review.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »

I always enjoyed it, but laughed out loud when they examined the eye under a microscope, and see a painting of a dinosaur!  BounceGiggle
Also when Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are confronted by the statement-'The two of you together. That's fine. But what if one of you is the monster?" to which Lee responds-" Monster? We're British, you know."  Smile
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:05:13 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 06:49:14 PM »

I always enjoyed it, but laughed out loud when they examined the eye under a microscope, and see a painting of a dinosaur!  BounceGiggle
Also when Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are confronted by the statement-'The two of you together. That's fine. But what if one of you is the monster?" to which Lee responds-" Monster? We're British, you know."  Smile

Horror express was suing some of the "science " of the day it was set in,  much of which has been disprove for a long time.

It was believed that the eye of a deal man somehow retained the last thing it saw.  This was used in "the invisible ray" and "the wild wild west" movies.

It was also believed that the brain recorded knowledge and memory in the wrinkles on its surface,  again now discredited. But it was accepted at the time of the movie's setting so it was used.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »

Also when Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are confronted by the statement-'The two of you together. That's fine. But what if one of you is the monster?" to which Lee responds-" Monster? We're British, you know."  Smile

Horror express was suing some of the "science " of the day it was set in,  much of which has been disprove for a long time.

It was believed that the eye of a deal man somehow retained the last thing it saw.  This was used in "the invisible ray" and "the wild wild west" movies.

It was also believed that the brain recorded knowledge and memory in the wrinkles on its surface,  again now discredited. But it was accepted at the time of the movie's setting so it was used.
Yeah- like reading bumps on yer skull. I knew all that.
A painting of a brontosaurus-not even a photo from an old movie- was used!  Buggedout BounceGiggle
The whole movie is goofy!  Thumbup
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:13:17 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »

Also when Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are confronted by the statement-'The two of you together. That's fine. But what if one of you is the monster?" to which Lee responds-" Monster? We're British, you know."  Smile

Horror express was suing some of the "science " of the day it was set in,  much of which has been disprove for a long time.

It was believed that the eye of a deal man somehow retained the last thing it saw.  This was used in "the invisible ray" and "the wild wild west" movies.

It was also believed that the brain recorded knowledge and memory in the wrinkles on its surface,  again now discredited. But it was accepted at the time of the movie's setting so it was used.
Yeah- like reading bumps on yer skull. I knew all that.
A painting of a brontosaurus-not even a photo from an old movie- was used!  Buggedout BounceGiggle
The whole movie is goofy!  Thumbup

The fact is the movie was using the believed science of the time it was set in even if it was disproven, it maybe added to the atmosphere.

A lot of people call this an "honorary hammer movie". Do you agree?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 10:06:31 PM »

I said I like the movie! What do you want from me?
BLOOD?
I'll give you blood!

Small | Large

And no, I don't agree. Hammer, Amicus, and Tygon movies were all differant. Just because Lee and Cushing were in the same film-don't make it similar.
It's like saying when Karloff and Lugosi were in the RAVEN  was comaparble to Karloff and Lugosi in the BODY SNATCHERS.
Lugosi had the lead in the RAVEN- you get the picture. It ain't the same thing.
Not even CLOSE to similar.
This movie had Lee and Cushing-Similar!
It's about an ancient Yeti monster from outer space...not similar.
With Telly Savalas-with a f**king lollipop in one scene!...not similar...
And paintings of dinosaurs seen threw eyeballs!
Brains get smoothed out and look like a nasty mushroom puffball.-Yeah. I love this movie.
I seen it a million times.  Thumbup

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:29:43 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  For any fellow fans of 'Horror Express'. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.