Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:26 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie presents The Munsters? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Rob Zombie presents The Munsters?  (Read 12413 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 11, 2021, 04:13:38 AM »

Can't make my mind up on this.

Rob Zombie has reportedly been hired by Universal Pictures to direct a new movie based on the classic comedy series The Munsters. Murphy's Multiverse reports that the House of 1000 Corpses director will write and direct the new movie adaptation with production scheduled to begin in Budapest in early May. As of now, neither Zombie nor Universal has yet officially commented on the rumors.

Per the report, Rob Zombie has also called upon some of his frequent collaborators to play main roles in the rumored movie. His real-life wife and consistent lead star Sheri Moon Zombie has reportedly been cast as Lily Munster, the matriarch of the family, while The Lords of Salem and 3 from Hell star Jeff Daniel Phillips will play her husband Herman. Daniel Roebuck and Richard Brake, two other actors who often appear in Zombie's movies, have also been cast in undisclosed roles alongside Jorge Garcia (Lost) and Cassandra Peterson (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark).
RELATED:
Herman Munster Goes Viral for Equality Speech That Hasn't Aged Since 1965

Because Zombie's movies are known for their vulgarity and excessive violence, the director might seem like an odd choice as the right filmmaker to reimagine The Munsters. However, his fandom and appreciation of the classic sitcom are very well documented. As a musician, he has previously covered the show's iconic theme song and his popular song "Dragula" is a direct reference to the series. Howard Stern has also described Zombie as a Munsters superfan, revealing in January that the 3 from Hell director gifted him with a Herman Munster puppet.

Developed by Norm Liebmann and Ed Haas, The Munsters originally aired for 70 episodes between 1964 and 1966. Despite its short run, the show later found a new life with much greater popularity through airing the old episodes in syndication. The original cast featured Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster, Yvonne De Carlo as Lily, Al Lewis as Grandpa, Butch Patrick as Eddie, and Pat Priest and Beverly Owen sharing the role of Marilyn. Mel Blanc and Bob Hastings also voiced The Raven.

In the late 80s and early 90s, a new cast also brought back the old characters in the sequel TV series The Munsters Today. Several movies featuring several members of the original cast would also be released over the years, including Munster, Go Home! in 1966, The Mini-Munsters in 1973, Here Comes the Munsters in 1995, and The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas in 1996. Both the Wayans brothers and Seth Meyers have been attached to planned movie reboots at various points, but neither project ever came to fruition.

In 2012, NBC put in an attempt to revive the show with a reboot dubbed Mockingbird Lane, a reference to the Munster family's address at 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Presented as a one-hour Halloween special, the show was developed by Bryan Fuller and starred Jerry O'Connell and Portia de Rossi. Ultimately, the network decided to pass on ordering the special to series.

The Munsters does not yet have a release date as Universal has not yet confirmed the movie's production. This information was first published at Murphy's Multiverse.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:07:37 PM »

As long as the don't give it the Mockingbird Lane (2012) treatment.
That was awful.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 11:19:32 PM »

Rob Zombie really isn't the guy I'd want attached to this. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:43:26 AM »

Rob Zombie isn't really the guy I'd want attached to anything. Also, there is no one I'd want attached to this. But maybe two wrongs will make a right?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 09:23:20 PM »

He's already casted his wife in a main role.  That already has me worried.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 03:56:33 PM »

Just....... no.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 01:15:38 PM »

Actually, his house is a tribute to old horror films, and he collects all things Munsters.
I seen a video where he shows some shmuck around his house.
I think he could do a good Munsters movie, just like Tim Burton did the Addams family.
I think Rob would respect the source- he's a Monster Kid.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:17:42 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 04:39:21 PM »

I seen a video where he shows some shmuck around his house.
I think he could do a good Munsters movie, just like Tim Burton did the Addams family.
I think Rob would respect the source- he's a Monster Kid.

I also saw that same video of him giving a tour of his house and immediately thought he would be the right man for the job.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 09:24:54 PM »

Rob Zombie isn't really the guy I'd want attached to anything. Also, there is no one I'd want attached to this. But maybe two wrongs will make a right?

I can't claim to be a fan of his violent offensive work... which has its moments... and just loving kitsch of the past is not enough to pull it off, make it entertaining, and original... I remain doubtful. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 12:00:23 PM »

The only way to do a remake of the Munsters is to capitalize on the ' kitsch' (I hate that word), but make it much like a dark comedy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 07:41:09 AM »

It is official.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 08:38:57 AM »

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/406364/rob-zombie-shares-design-for-authentic-recreation-of-the-munsters-house/

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 02:20:10 AM »

Rob Zombie

For those of you speculating, wondering and assuming that THE MUNSTERS would be dirty, violent and nasty… well, you are wrong. 💀 👍🏼 It’s all good down on Mockingbird Lane.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 06:29:25 PM »

Verified
ATTENTION CASTING NEWS! 💀Straight from the set of THE MUNSTERS is your first look at Barbara Carr, the #1 real estate agent in all of Mockingbird Heights. Barbara is played by none other the CASSANDRA PETERSON @therealelvira . Yes, the Mistress of the Dark has joined the cast of THE MUNSTERS. 🦇 Stay tuned for more exciting news to come. 🦇

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2022, 12:37:51 AM »

Rob Zombie has taken to social media today to confirm that one of the original Munsters is back for his upcoming movie, with Pat Priest joining the cast of Zombie’s The Munsters.

Pat Priest played Marilyn Munster in the original black & white television series, replacing Beverly Owen as Marilyn Munster from episodes 14 through 70 of the classic show.

“For once the rumors are true,” Zombie notes on Facebook this week.

Jeff Daniel Phillips is playing Herman Munster and Sheri Moon Zombie is playing Lily Munster in Zombie’s movie, with Daniel Roebuck co-starring as Grandpa Munster.

Richard Brake (31, 3 from Hell) is playing Dr. Henry Augustus Wolfgang. Catherine Schell (“Space: 1999,” The Return of the Pink Panther) is playing “Zoya Krupp the gypsy queen.”

Dee Wallace, Cassandra “Elvira” Peterson and Jorge Garcia will also star.

Zombie is directing the film for Universal Home Entertainment, and it’s possible that The Munsters may end up being a Peacock exclusive. That last bit has not been confirmed.

If you want to revisit the original series, “The Munsters” is streaming on Peacock. That series ran for just two seasons between 1964 and 1966, spawning several feature films and a sequel television series titled “The Munsters Today” (1988 – 1991). Most recently, Bryan Fuller’s “Mockingbird Lane” reimagined the series for NBC, but never made it past a pilot episode.

Rumour has it that the run time is somewhere between two and a half and three hours.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie presents The Munsters? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.