Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:45 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back again, again « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back again, again  (Read 16344 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: April 07, 2021, 07:06:27 PM »

But it will probably look different. Looks like Jonah will return as host, which is good. Episodes will be released independently, mostly by a subscription website. Details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/makemoremst3k

It's been up for a day and they're already 65% of the way to funding the first 3 episodes, so it's going to happen.

I would consider chipping in $100 for the season download IF it looks like they are going to get all the way to 12 episodes. If they stall out at 3, 6 or even 9 it probably wouldn't be worth it. I'll stay in "wait and see" mode for now.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:16:29 AM »

I too am on the fence, but will likely plunk down my hard earned cash. Personally, I would have preferred for them to have used Shout Factory's own streaming service, as they're more personally invested in the success of the show than Netflix was. But I guess it too late to change it up.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »

The first three episodes were funded in the first two days. They'll almost certainly get to six, I'll continue monitoring to see if they get to 9 or 12.

Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 07:26:17 AM »

I would consider chipping in $100 for the season download IF it looks like they are going to get all the way to 12 episodes. If they stall out at 3, 6 or even 9 it probably wouldn't be worth it. I'll stay in "wait and see" mode for now.

Chew on this. What if the Kickstarter fails to make it to the 12 episode level because too many potential pledgers took this approach?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:46:54 AM »

Chew on this. What if the Kickstarter fails to make it to the 12 episode level because too many potential pledgers took this approach?

A significant number will take that approach, and my actions won't meaningfully effect that either way.

I think that usually Kickstarters raise a lot of money when they're first announced, and then again near the very end as the push to reach the final goal (or stretch goal). I'm waiting until the last week to chip in for the final push.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 01:13:13 PM »

Now that 3 episodes are funded and they will reach at least 6 at the worst, I bit the bullet and backed. I may bump up my donation if/when they get close to the 9 and 12 episode level. I also expect more add-on rewards to be added: recordings of the 2018-2020 live shows, which were made but have never been released. If they add those I'll buy them.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 08:40:48 PM »

There's still an audience and I love that. 

MST3K wasn't meant for a Netflix type crowd that binge watches the whole season and I think some Netflix people who funded last time felt let down not 'knowing' the product so to speak. 

I truly hope they reach the goal and get all 12 financed.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 08:50:53 AM »

Halfway through and they've funded six episodes. I have a feeling it's going to stall at 9 though.

Joel made a few announcements. The hosting duties will be split between Jonah and Emily (the host from the latest live shows). If 9 episodes are funded Joel will host one, if 10 are funded he will host 2. The show will be shot remotely, which sounds like a huge negative but Joel tried to spin it as a positive.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »

Last night's livestream of "Hobgoblins" and a short you probably haven't seen before, and a chance to meet the new cast members.

https://youtu.be/hugO9coWrw0

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 05:15:49 PM »

Another livestream with a different cast: GAMERA V. GUIRON (one of my favorite episodes)

https://youtu.be/lAC6lvgRydU

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »

Halfway through and they've funded six episodes. I have a feeling it's going to stall at 9 though.

Joel made a few announcements. The hosting duties will be split between Jonah and Emily (the host from the latest live shows). If 9 episodes are funded Joel will host one, if 10 are funded he will host 2. The show will be shot remotely, which sounds like a huge negative but Joel tried to spin it as a positive.
Might be an insurance thing with Covid nowadays if I read correctly.  Even bigger budget shows like Walking Dead just had issues with filming and having to have episodes only focused on 'certain characters' to advance the plot as I think Atlanta (or whichever part of Georgia they shoot) didn't want a huge cast and crew, etc, and not everyone being vaccinated, etc.  I dunno.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 07:33:18 AM »

Recently passed the nine episode mark. At the time I'm writing this, they have 62 hours to go. Since Kickstarters often have a surge over the last couple of days, reaching the twelve episode mark is within the realm of possibility.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 07:48:48 AM »

"Werewolf" livestream with special guest Bill Corbett (who apparently will not be joining the new cast, as hoped, but announced that Rifftrax will kick in some bonus rewards for backers of this project).

https://youtu.be/QHF8PwjEa2g

Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 07:56:50 AM »

The $5.5M goal has been reached. Now it's a question of whether or not they can match the original Kickstarter.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 09:44:28 AM »

That's insane. Joel and team organize brilliant Kickstarters. The question now is what stretch goals they have in mind. At least one extra episode, I suppose.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back again, again « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.