Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:37 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THAT movie you keep reading or hearing about but never seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: THAT movie you keep reading or hearing about but never seen  (Read 16700 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2021, 02:43:35 PM »

Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom

I love Italian cinema.  I will never forget Il Vangelo Secondo Matteo.  Also PASSOLINI, it frightened me, I've not seen it since, and I was about 8.  I've read about Salo for decades, but I am afraid to look at Salo

You'll be fine skipping that one. 
I gather.  Torture is bad enough, of that ilk, I avoid. 

Serbian movie. I'm just too old to check it out I believe

Yeh!  Another one like SALO that I just don't have the nerve...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 12:01:07 AM »

I have no reason or desire to ever watch SALO.

Why would anybody?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2021, 10:29:29 AM »

I do believe that I am the only person left on Earth that has yet to watch Thelma & Louise (1991).

There is at least two of us

Haven't watched it either.
Me neither.

me too

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2021, 11:52:14 AM »

I have no reason or desire to ever watch SALO.

Why would anybody?  Question

I've seen bits of it: not for me.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »

I've seen some Naziploitation films. ILSA-SHE WOLF OF THE SS comes to mind. But that was gory exploitation garbage.

Small | Large

I have read of SALO- nope.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 05:25:26 AM »

I've seen some Naziploitation films. ILSA-SHE WOLF OF THE SS comes to mind. But that was gory exploitation garbage.

http://youtu.be/gbV9V_GxDi0

Triumph Of The Will (1935) has outstanding cinematography and looks like a black and white movie that came out in the late 1960s in some parts. I own it but haven't watched all of it because it gets boring after a while. I might finish it someday but there's just only so much Nazi propaganda that I can take in one sitting.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Archivist

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »

I seem to miss a lot of popular movies, like Troy, First Knight, The Last Samurai, Gladiator, things of that ilk. I'm sure there are dozens of mainstream movies with a lot of publicity that I've never seen.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2021, 07:25:18 PM »

I seem to miss a lot of popular movies, like Troy, First Knight, The Last Samurai, Gladiator, things of that ilk. I'm sure there are dozens of mainstream movies with a lot of publicity that I've never seen.

I've never seen any of those and I'm not particularly interested. Unless by "First Knight" you mean "Dark Knight." I did love that one.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 08:28:32 AM »

First Knight definitely qualifies as a BAD movie.
Gladiator is great.
Troy is mediocre.
Haven't seen The Last Samurai.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »

Until recently, it was Andy Milligan's TORTURE DUNGEON, but I bought the blu-ray boxed set and finally watched it.

There are still a lot of obscure movies I'd like to see. The struggle is real.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »

Troy is mediocre.

Troy (2005) was pretty good, it just kind of loses itself toward the end. The Fall of Troy could have been more epic, I think.

------------------
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 02:43:35 AM »

That movie makes Salo look like Marry Poppins.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2021, 03:27:52 PM »

Question

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »

I've seen some Naziploitation films. ILSA-SHE WOLF OF THE SS comes to mind. But that was gory exploitation garbage...

Triumph Of The Will (1935) has outstanding cinematography and looks like a black and white movie that came out in the late 1960s in some parts. I own it but haven't watched all of it because it gets boring after a while. I might finish it someday but there's just only so much Nazi propaganda that I can take in one sitting.

I've owned a copy of Triumph Of The Will since the 1980s, on VHS and now the DVD I bought my deceased brother.  I agree there's only so much propaganda I can look at.  Yet, that film can be mesmerizing.  It reads like cinema... it's even stunning.  The DVD remains unopened. 

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2021, 07:34:49 PM »

I've seen some Naziploitation films. ILSA-SHE WOLF OF THE SS comes to mind. But that was gory exploitation garbage...

I've owned a copy of Triumph Of The Will since the 1980s, on VHS and now the DVD I bought my deceased brother.  I agree there's only so much propaganda I can look at.  Yet, that film can be mesmerizing.  It reads like cinema... it's even stunning.  The DVD remains unopened.  

Leni Riefenstahl did things with cinematography that no one else involved in filmmaking during that time was doing, male or female; right from the start of the film when it opens to a scene in the clouds during the day, which isn't a big deal by modern film standards until it dons on you that airplanes were only roughly 30-year-old technology at the time that the film was released in Nazi Germany, and that was very likely the first film to ever have an opening aerial scene like that. Then the clouds part and you see the beautiful city of Nuremberg, Germany below; and then that slight revulsion in your gut when you see the first swastika flag and the hundreds of marching soldiers and brownshirts all start to come into view far below. I agree that it is mesmerizing to look at scenes of a pre-war Nazi Germany. I'll have to watch the second half of the film soon, maybe this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 07:36:52 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

------------------
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THAT movie you keep reading or hearing about but never seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.