Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:04:24 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels you didn't know existed « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Sequels you didn't know existed  (Read 13990 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »

your story is far better than the actual film that is some interesting trivia but too bad they didn't put more thought into who directed it who acted it or who wrote it.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »

The film is awful no doubt. I still kind of like it though, the badness works for me but - what I like even more is background info. Some are interesting, and in most cases more interesting than the actual movie  TeddyR
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:29:13 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 02:28:07 PM »

I actually bought Howling 7 on VHS when it was available for sale, along with The Boogens (1981) which had its VHS debut around the same time in the late 90s. Ahhh, memories. I had never seen Howling 7 before and didn't expect much. It was awful but kind of grew on me after repeated viewings.

HOWLING PART 7 is amazing.

first came across it on youtube, back when the max length for uploads was 10 minutes. someone had uploaded it in about 9 parts, and even with a serious hangover at the time I knew I was witnessing so-bad-it's-good nirvana. at least for me.

took me a long time to track down a dvd copy, the one I have is german release in a slimline case. (with english audio option obviously.)... most recent re-watch was just last week. honestly I love this film so much, haha. It's such an unbelievably awkward piece of work. every couple of minutes some random stuff happens where you think "really?".

of the other HOWLING sequels, part 5 is quite campy and fun, and part 3 is demented to the point I find it a bit too over the top. Parts 2, 4, and 6 are meh...

actually there is that more recent sequel/reboot from about 10 years ago, which I didn't know about till recently. not seen it but from all accounts it's similar to the TWILIGHT movies so I'm not that desperate to check it out --- edit, I see Jim H just mentioned this, and made the comparison too...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:37:10 PM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 10:06:16 PM »

Personally I think Howling 2 is amazingly bad and Howling III incredibly dull. Isn't it interesting how these movies are received differently?

Is it October yet?
Jim H

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »

Personally I think Howling 2 is amazingly bad and Howling III incredibly dull. Isn't it interesting how these movies are received differently?

That's my opinion too.  I definitely had the most fun with part 2 of the sequels.  It literally has a montage over the end credits that repeatedly shows Sybil Danning rip her top open.  It has an incredibly 80s theme song.  Christopher Lee.  One of the alternate parts of the title is "Werewolf b***h".  It's amusingly bad, to me anyways.  

I think part III is one of the worst films I've ever seen, I don't know if I could ever watch it again it's so irritating and boring.  But, it has such a weird and unique feel and tone, I could see people with very different taste than me loving it, so hey.

Also, thinking back again, I'm not sure if I've seen New Moon Rising, so I may have to rewatch/watch it for completeness sake.  I'm positive I saw the VHS a bunch of times at my rental store, but I may not have actually rented it.  Fun fact: It's free for those with Amazon Prime!  I'll watch it soon.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2021, 04:46:23 PM »

I think I might be the only person in the world who genuinely loves it, but you never know. There's footage of Joe Bob Briggs hosting a playback of it but you can tell even he seems to hate it

yep, guess so...  Smile

pennywise37

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2021, 06:05:43 PM »

i think you are the first person i've talked to either online or offline who loved part 7.   i loved part one growing up not so much now but i'm prolly gonna get the 4K  version of it when that comes out later this year cause who knows maybe my mind will change on it. part 2 i loved growing up as well not so much now, really what  i really love about part 2 is two things. 1 that Christopher Lee Apologized to Joe Dante for even being in part 2.  and 2.  Lee i dunno if you guys knew this or if i've said this already i honestly can't remember on how in the  town?  village ? where they shot part 2 back in WW2 he was there and saved apparently saved a number of lives. he goes there to shoot the film and they throw him a f... parade!   the director i forget who was shocked that this even was happening.

Lee like a lot of vets i'm sure don't talk about the stuff they did during the war.  Lee also did a lot Classified stuff that is still Classified from what i hear as well.
so i think him being there to take a guess was one of his missions that wasn't known and maybe still isn't i dunno?  anyways that's pretty cool i think.

as for part 3 i dunno why i love it i just do it's a cheesy ass film that's really completely bonkers and makes no sense at all. and i love it, part 4 was painful to sit through part 5 was pretty bad, Part 6 i actually liked and thought was pretty good i didn't expect that. 7 was so bad that well it was a chore to sit through there's plenty of movies i love that many consider bad. like i love Maximum overdrive (1986) and it's one of my all time favorite movies

people hate it with a passion i dunno why but they do. Howling 7 i get why people hate. i haven't seen any of the others, Part 4 is really a really painful remake of part 1. i think part 4 is said to follow the book  even more than part 1. i dunno if that's true or not or how much more it did follow it i haven't read the book yet. but this is a series that really does need to die
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2021, 01:55:53 PM »

i think you are the first person i've talked to either online or offline who loved part 7.   i loved part one growing up not so much now but i'm prolly gonna get the 4K  version of it when that comes out later this year

surely I cannot be the only person that appreciates the genius of part 7... there must be 1 other person out there. reveal thyself

the original is really good. I used to  prefer it to AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, but watching them both again  recently, nah... AWIL is definitely the better film

pennywise37

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »

what's funny is growing up i loved both of those films as i'm a huge Joe Dante fan, but in recent years i dunno why i just don't care for The Howling (1981) as much as i used to.  but American Werewolf in London (1981) is a f... masterpiece in my book.

i never did see the sequel but i hear it's pretty bad anyways. last i heard they were gonna remake the 1st one i dunno if they ever did though
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2021, 07:58:53 PM »

Captain Underpants 2: We Borrowed These From Trevor  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2021, 11:45:16 PM »

i'm just amazed there's like 30 no joke around 30 if not 30 that maybe higher? last count it was 23 but that was awhile ago of the Amityville horror films \\
my question is uh why?  the early ones made money okay but these past oh i dunno 15 or more films they can't make that much money cause they are such bottom of the barrel films that they aren't worth the print the film is pressed on or something along the lines of that.

i know movies are digital films are what filmmakers  normally use that but   i was trying to come up with a good example and that's about as far as i got. it's been a long day so bear with me
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2021, 08:33:45 AM »

I've completely lost count of the number of Hellraiser sequels. They've gotta be up into the double digits with that series by now.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »

I've completely lost count of the number of Hellraiser sequels. They've gotta be up into the double digits with that series by now.

I got up to 8 and then I lost interest.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2021, 11:08:05 AM »

Same. I quit after Hellraiser: Revelations (2011) . They did Hellraiser: Judgment in 2018, and they are planning a remake for 2022.

Is it October yet?
pennywise37

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »

i lost count as well how many Hellraiser films there are now, was any of the films after part 4 written as Hellraiser scripts? i know ones after that were scripts that weren't intended Hell Raiser films but were changed to be but were any of them that were made in recent years were written as such?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels you didn't know existed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.