Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:54 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Whispering Death (1976) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Whispering Death (1976)  (Read 2427 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 13, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »

A thoroughly unpleasant film - based on the novel by Daniel Carney, who also wrote The Wild Geese - about a former Rhodesian policeman whose wife is raped and murdered by an albino terrorist during the bush war in my birth country. The policeman then hunts down the killers one by one, all against a backdrop of actual war and world opinion that the murderer of an innocent woman should go unpunished as he "is a freedom fighter".

This film hits a little too close to home for me and I felt very queasy in parts. The German DVD release is a howler of inaccuracy as it says (in translation) "Rhodesia: in the apartheid years". Huh? No apartheid laws in my birth country, son and you must take geography lessons again.

If you want to watch it, it is on Youtube here but be warned: it is very unpleasant although the book is good. The film also has many other titles including Night of Askari and Albino and was directed by the German exploitation filmmaker Jurgen Goslar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3XZLtlwtQs  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:56:41 AM »

Saw this movie years ago and read the book enjoyed both.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »

Saw this movie years ago and read the book enjoyed both.

Dad was in the police at the time so that's why it hit a little too close to home.

jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 02:46:49 AM »

And I bet it was really painful when Jimmy dumbass Carter handed Rhodesia over to Mugabe and his goons via rigged elections not happy that Ian Smith was voted out the first time but had to have a communist in charge.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:08:48 AM »

And I bet it was really painful when Jimmy dumbass Carter handed Rhodesia over to Mugabe and his goons via rigged elections not happy that Ian Smith was voted out the first time but had to have a communist in charge.

Everything you wrote is sadly true: I was last home in 1997 and although I can go home - no restrictions -I actually don't want to but I do miss home.

jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 01:31:53 AM »

Another movie about Rhodesia that I enjoyed was A Game for Vultures with Richard Harris Joan Collins and Richard Roundtree in it.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 02:01:20 AM »

Another movie about Rhodesia that I enjoyed was A Game for Vultures with Richard Harris Joan Collins and Richard Roundtree in it.

A friend of mine and a renowned South African actor Ken Gampu, - who also starred in The Naked Prey and Kill And Kill Again - acted in that as the memorably named "Sixpence Cherenge"  TeddyR

The best Rhodesian film by far is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5pcpzY6mE

A story about the battle of the Shangani River: once seen, never forgotten and a part of my history. Cheers

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Whispering Death (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.