Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:37:46 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rare 1980s Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Rare 1980s Bad Movies  (Read 11572 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 10:18:39 PM »

i've never seen it but it's on my list though
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »

There are two other truly bad ones made here:

The Headhunter

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099749/

Rising Storm

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100464/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_3

Truly blah.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2021, 04:06:19 PM »

I own the blu and the film looks better than it is, but I still somewhat enjoy it.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2021, 09:18:03 PM »

I own the blu and the film looks better than it is, but I still somewhat enjoy it.

Not so rare after all I see  TeddyR

The star of that, Wayne Crawford made quite a few movies in SA during the subsidy period and after and got into a lot of trouble with local unions due to the way his company treated local actors and crews.

pennywise37

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2021, 11:08:44 PM »

i dunno this one and it can't be too rare if it's on bluray
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:54 PM »

It's a cheesefest. Headhunter had presence at rental stores back in the day. I know because I rented it back then.

They wanted you believe it was taking place in L.A. I think?

I've read somewhere that Wayne Crawford was an a-hole in general. He acted like a douche on the set of some other movie as well.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:21:08 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
pennywise37

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 12:56:04 AM »

that's one i don't remember but that doesn't mean a damn thing cause there's a lot of movies like you said that were Video store hits like this one that i missed no doubt.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2021, 02:42:08 AM »

It's a cheesefest. Headhunter had presence at rental stores back in the day. I know because I rented it back then.

They wanted you believe it was taking place in L.A. I think?

I've read somewhere that Wayne Crawford was an a-hole in general. He acted like a douche on the set of some other movie as well.

It was supposed to take place in LA but, like Crimelords, another film that Wayne Crawford made here, was filmed in Durban.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099319/

I don't know what he was like to work with but I do know that legal action was pending against him during the making of the Okavango TV series and a lot of what was done on set made the newspapers.

pennywise37

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »

well he wouldn't be the 1st difficult actor, Tom Cruise is another one, David Carradine also could be really Difficult as well, Bette Davis could be as well, some who worked with loved her and some who worked with her hated her and still do.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2021, 12:42:54 AM »

well he wouldn't be the 1st difficult actor, Tom Cruise is another one, David Carradine also could be really Difficult as well, Bette Davis could be as well, some who worked with loved her and some who worked with her hated her and still do.

Michael Parks was another: he worked in South Africa on a film directed by a friend of mine and they nearly came to blows several times.

pennywise37

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2021, 01:08:12 AM »

i can believe it, i dunno why some are like that David Carradine also was that way as well which why he stopped getting roles by big directors but he was also a boozer for many years well. and he used to complain about not getting any calls by big directors anymore yet he burned all those bridges himself. 

i dunno why there's just some actors or actress's that are such.... to the cast or crew etc... than those same people can be really easy to work with, Brando was known to be difficult as well but than you have the Godfather (1972) and he had a ball making that one and they also had fun with him too. hell there' s a picture out there with him being taking down stairs on a stretcher with a big grin on his face.  no doubt a behind the scenes pic.  Bruce Willis is that way as well,

it just baffles the hell out of me when one actor or actress is such a pain in the ass for some cast members and they can't stand them or even the director yet take the lead or whoever is giving you the problems on another film and they can be fun to work with.  i think it's been said that at the start of each film you cna walk on the set of whatever film and whatever the 1st thing happens it sets the mood for the rest of the shoot. sometimes you can go on a sets and know you will have a ball working  on this particular Project or you walk on and kn0ow it will be a nightmare or so i hear anyways
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2021, 01:30:41 AM »

Retired actrss Cristina Raines (The Sentinel, 1977) told in (later) Interviews how Morgan Fairchild was a super-biatch on the set of TV Series Flamingo Road (1980). Everybody was happy when the show got cancelled because they didn't have to work with Fairchild anymore.
I guess Raines was unlucky as she also had an awful experience filming The Sentinel. Director Michael Winner was apparently a sadistic sociopathic douchebag. It went so far that Raines had to hire the New York Guardian Angels on the set because Winner was threatening her life.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 12:09:19 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
pennywise37

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2021, 04:15:57 AM »

i've heard that what i find really interesting was Burgess Meredith according to a John Carradine book i own said that working with the freaks in that film taught him more than anyone had before on how a person should be treated cause they were really fun to work with and wonderful people.  i forget what all he said but the film is pretty bad i think.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2021, 02:03:30 PM »

The horror that is Nukie  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nukie

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »

The Return of Captain Invincible.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rare 1980s Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.