Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

I just got done watching 7 DAYS IN MAY (1964), and for some reason I thought "I hope to whatever God there may be, that Trump doesn't get elected, or democracy in this country is doomed." I don't think some people realize how much danger this country is really in.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

indianasmith

I try to engage some Trump supporters on my FB page, but they seem to believe that every single negative thing about him is made up.
Even though I never watch cable news, the response is inevitably:  "You been watching too much CNN and MSNBC!"

Of course, if you converse a little further, you find out that COVID was a hoax, Obama's birth certificate was fake, Hillary Clinton is a child sex trafficker, and on and on and on . . .
A never-ending string of conspiracy theories these people believe.
We're living in idiocracy.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

Quote from: indianasmith on March 15, 2024, 08:49:06 AM
I try to engage some Trump supporters on my FB page, but they seem to believe that every single negative thing about him is made up.
Even though I never watch cable news, the response is inevitably:  "You been watching too much CNN and MSNBC!"

Of course, if you converse a little further, you find out that COVID was a hoax, Obama's birth certificate was fake, Hillary Clinton is a child sex trafficker, and on and on and on . . .
A never-ending string of conspiracy theories these people believe.
We're living in idiocracy.

Unfortunately, the more you challenge them, the deeper their faith becomes. The only way to change minds is one at a time, by legitimately befriending them and gently guiding them in positive directions. It takes forever and you only help one person at a time.

The one negative thing I think you can say about Trump that is somewhat effective is to point out that he's a loser. A lot of his followers (not all, of course) are losers themselves who think that Trump is a winner and that associating themselves with him makes them stronger. If he's not seen as a strong man, he loses his appeal.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

My dad was on the school board when I was a kid.... Thought it was his political future...

One day, the board decided to show the parents a new expanded facility they were working on in order to solve the problem of aging, overcrowded classrooms...
But, the new classrooms were behind schedule, so some of the kiddies would need to use the older, overcrowded classrooms, while others were being transferred to a different campus....

And that's when parents of children at this one school stopped sending their kids to school, because they somehow got it into their heads that the school board was putting the kiddies in these unfinished rooms with no desks, concrete floors with no carpet or tile. wires hanging from the ceiling, & so on & so forth.....

My dad & the rest of the schoolboard went nuts trying to call & explain to these parents that they weren't sending the kiddies to these unfinished classrooms, but were repurposing existing facilities, but they just couldn't convince anybody of that....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

Say, anybody remember the Millennium Bug???
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Leah

I might be getting myself in an interracial relationship.
yeah no.

RCMerchant

^Really? Is the girl Human? (being your some kind of vampire)  :twirl:

Just Kidding!

Seriously- I was with me sweetie Tiana for 10 years, and the only thing that p**sed me off is when  I was invited over to neighbors home, I brought Tiana, and this neandrathal whispered to me " Man- your girlfriends BLACK. That's messed up." And I said out load "Let's get outta here."
I HATE racism.

Tiana!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

Going out to see the new Ghostbusters movie tonight. Just as long as it is better than the Answer the Call one I'll be happy.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: El Misfit on March 19, 2024, 10:54:02 AM
I might be getting myself in an interracial relationship.

Cool. 😊😊🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

My friend Rob thinks it's funny to send me memes that praise Satan, and after ignoring it for a long time, I asked him why he wanted to glorify the symbol of all evil, and he said, "Because it's fun to offend Christians."

I told him I couldn't imagine anyone would actually be offended so much as think he needs to grow up past seventh grade, but he said, "No, it p**ses Christians off."

Well, this morning he sent me another meme with Satan in a heroic light, so I sent him back one him that glorifies someone almost as bad, Hitler.

Rob instantly wrote me back in a froth and asked why I sent him that, Hitler was the worst person who ever lived, blahblahblah, and I said, "Because it's fun to offend Satanists."

Reminded me of the kid's reaction to Ralphie and the bully in A Christmas Story. "You can't do that!"
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Leah

Well I got another piercing; I got a lip piercing.
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

My dad  just had a mink9r stroke and needs to be kept in the hospital overnight. I need to watch Mom.  Everything will probably be back to normal tomorrow. But just in case anyone wonders if I disappear for a bit...
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...