Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am confused: South Africa are playing Zimbabwe at cricket in Australia and I have no idea who to root for  :question:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Quote from: Trevor on October 24, 2022, 06:43:11 AM
I am confused: South Africa are playing Zimbabwe at cricket in Australia and I have no idea who to root for  :question:

Watch the game and just enjoy to sport itself. Who wins is immaterial compared to is it a good match.

That's how I watch rugby anyway.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on October 24, 2022, 07:47:41 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 24, 2022, 06:43:11 AM

Watch the game and just enjoy to sport itself. Who wins is immaterial compared to is it a good match.

That's how I watch rugby anyway.

Well, the game was abandoned due to rain (when are they going to cover cricket stadiums with roofs?) so I breathe again  :teddyr:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

Those who reject democracy in favor of cheaper gasoline will wind up with neither.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Alex

Just got told that a guy I used to babysit when he was a kid has died, leaving behind three kids.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

lester1/2jr

Fetterman debate performance last night was bad, but actually pretty par for the course for modern politicians. frustratingly non direct answers loaded with talking points

RCMerchant

^ I didn't watch it. I have found that politics is all bullsht.

http://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

LilCerberus

There's been a big stink about Ted Cruz's interview on The View earlier this week.....
BUT....
Verizon just dropped ABC & Nexstar, leaving me to wonder just how many really saw....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

lester1/2jr

I went and saw brujeria and Napalm death tonight. excellent show, but more of an endurance test than when I was younger

Rev. Powell

When will Kid Rock change his name to Middle-Aged Rock?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

The first time someone tried that joke about the serial numbers on a condom, I didn't get it.....

Reason being, I had actually seen them before....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

chainsaw midget

Can we just skip Christmas this year and re-do Halloween?  I wasn't ready yet.

ER

Quote from: LilCerberus on October 28, 2022, 11:00:20 PM
The first time someone tried that joke about the serial numbers on a condom, I didn't get it.....

Reason being, I had actually seen them before....

'Splain, Lucy?  Totally cannot figure that one out.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Although it is a film I've seen dozens of times, it really surprised me when I was watching it in the cinema I could see that Doc Copper has a nose ring.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

I had a rough night last night trying to sleep, gave up, watched a documentary about the completely tragic life of Syd Barrett, yet all I could think was David Gilmour helped take Pink Floyd in broader directions, so it was hard to regret Barrett leaving the band.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.