Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Someone sent me a picture of what for the past couple of years, I have been unable to think of as anything else but Captain Puerto Rico, thanking me for my service.

Nice thought and I appreciate the gesture, but one of these days I am really going to have to explain.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Walking around outside a restaurant now and it's one of those times I wished I smoked because then I might look more natural while walking around outside a restaurant in twenty degree weather at 7-whatever in the morning.  Fact is I had one of my laughing fits come on a few minutes ago, and those possess me to where I'm (insane) helpless. Today's got started because my friend Clare's former stepmom is up here from Florida, she and Clare's dad are going to get re-married next year, and as I was sitting at a table listening to this (I've always found charming and friendly) lady talking about the storms that have hit Florida lately, all I could think about was this time when I was in high school and Clare's brother called me all perplexed because one night out of nowhere his stepmom, this lady, for no apparent reason, brought him over some groceries at his apartment, and stayed there after, and he said he started wondering if she was coming onto him. It sounded so funny to me at the time to hear him freaked out about her, really on shaky ground trying to comprehend her motives (which I think were just bringing him groceries and hanging out a minute) that then too I laughed like crazy, and today, just now, it all came back to me and, just wow, I had to get out of there before I started laughing way too hard. I think she thinks I'm slightly mad but in a pleasant way. Ugh. I better get back in there with everybody and not think anymore about how goofy he sounded that night trying to figure out if this stepmother he wasn't very fond of wanted him for revenge sex against his father. Life's crazy....
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Leah

yeah no.

Alex

If every day is a gift, then Mondays are socks (with holes in them).
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on November 14, 2022, 02:26:33 AM
If every day is a gift, then Mondays are socks (with holes in them).

My undies feel the same  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Ever notice math teachers tended to pack their lunch?

Rev. Powell

I just came across a podcast devoted to CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST that's 4 hours long, more than twice as long as the crappy movie it's discussing! Who in the world is going to listen to 4 hour podcast?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

Quote from: Rev. Powell on November 15, 2022, 10:48:09 AM
Who in the world is going to listen to 4 hour podcast?

The same goons that are gonna flick on their AM radio for three ours a day, five days a week, & listen to some right wing crackpot ramble on about God knows what.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

I just came across a podcast devoted to CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST that's 4 hours long, more than twice as long as the crappy movie it's discussing! Who in the world is going to listen to 4 hour podcast?

Are you going to listen to it to see how bad it is?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Cool! Jewish exorcists are a real thing! I KNOW the demon in our cellar is not goy....

Alex

Quote from: ER on November 15, 2022, 02:59:16 PM
Cool! Jewish exorcists are a real thing! I KNOW the demon in our cellar is not goy....

This has given me an interesting mental image.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Quote from: Alex on November 15, 2022, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: ER on November 15, 2022, 02:59:16 PM

This has given me an interesting mental image.
It's always stealing bagels, man!

Trevor

Rev, I feel your pain as you know someone well who spent almost a week writing a review of that thing  :buggedout: :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Anthony Kiedis is SIXTY? That's like a hundred in rock star years.