Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:29 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 225191 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1110 on: December 19, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »

Ever loved someone but you just can't stand this person?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1111 on: December 19, 2022, 01:47:59 PM »

My older sister is that person. You can make plans, have it play out the way you want it to, but she's the wild card.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1112 on: December 19, 2022, 02:24:46 PM »

Yes but it's the other way around with me sometimes: I tell someone that I love them and then the answer is  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1113 on: December 19, 2022, 03:35:38 PM »

No. The closest I have is sleeping with someone I didn't like (which I've done several times for various reasons).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1114 on: December 19, 2022, 07:27:12 PM »

I'm finally gonna say it!
If CLOWNS are supposed to be scary, then what in the hell am I supposed to think of some gaudy looking Drag Queen?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1115 on: December 20, 2022, 01:22:40 AM »

I'm finally gonna say it!
If CLOWNS are supposed to be scary, then what in the hell am I supposed to think of some gaudy looking Drag Queen?

I think people's "fear" of clowns is in most cases a fashionable affectation. As for drag queens, well, we live in a time of such overreaction of supposed approval of the gay community by heterosexuals that even if the average person felt outright terror at the sight of a man in drag, few would feel at liberty to divulge it.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1116 on: December 21, 2022, 12:45:32 AM »

Christians believe Jesus was the savior. Jews believe he wasn't the real savior, but there is one who is still to come.
Why is it considered a logical, accepted thing in western thought for there to be a human savior? How do you wrestle that out of the 10 commandments?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1117 on: December 21, 2022, 03:13:43 PM »

Solstice greetings everyone. Remember the days only get longer from this point on.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1118 on: December 21, 2022, 03:18:56 PM »

Solstice greetings everyone. Remember the days only get longer from this point on.

You beat me to it. Happy solstice, everyone. (I like long nights.  Bluesad)

LilCerberus

« Reply #1119 on: December 21, 2022, 03:28:00 PM »

I thought it was tomorrow..... Lookingup

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1120 on: December 21, 2022, 03:41:12 PM »

If it helps:

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1121 on: December 21, 2022, 04:04:59 PM »

Christians believe Jesus was the savior. Jews believe he wasn't the real savior, but there is one who is still to come.
Why is it considered a logical, accepted thing in western thought for there to be a human savior? How do you wrestle that out of the 10 commandments?
The ten commandments? I don't think anyone has ever tried to say those represent the totality of divine law or revelation. Prophecies concerning an impending Messiah are found throughout Jewish scripture, with Jesus famously fulfilling most of them, despite what my Talmudic scholar friend Dan used to tell me. ("Those passages weren't talking about a man, they concerned Israel!") Unlike most Jews I know, who trip over the old "great teacher, not divine" copout, as if a lying madman/conman could be worth Christians following, Dan seemed to viscerally hate Jesus lock, stock and barrel.

LilCerberus

« Reply #1122 on: December 21, 2022, 04:18:06 PM »

You beat me to it. Happy solstice, everyone. (I like long nights.  Bluesad)

If it helps:

Oh, yeah.....
Forgot to cross today off my calendar.....

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1123 on: December 21, 2022, 04:39:23 PM »

ER - or maybe they were just miserable and wanted for there to be a savior. Your friend is probably correct from his own perspective, Jesus wasn't really the military, nationalist sort of savior they described as coming to save them.

An asteroid saved us from dinosaur domination, things change gradually over generations in modern times usually.

other than being predicted by some guy at some point, I don't see the underlying logic in a human savior as there usually are with other Biblical things. its arbitrary
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1124 on: December 21, 2022, 05:22:14 PM »

ER - or maybe they were just miserable and wanted for there to be a savior. Your friend is probably correct from his own perspective, Jesus wasn't really the military, nationalist sort of savior they described as coming to save them.

An asteroid saved us from dinosaur domination, things change gradually over generations in modern times usually.

other than being predicted by some guy at some point, I don't see the underlying logic in a human savior as there usually are with other Biblical things. its arbitrary

Can you reconcile aging, memory, gravity, or for that matter existence itself with logic? Reality and logic are seldom in bed together. Some things simply are. Also remember the claim is not that Jesus was a human savior but a divine savior incarnate as a human.

Because I don't want this to turn into a long thread of point and counterpoint, please don't be offended if I don't continue this discussion, though it is not an uninteresting one. I think you and I have made our outlooks on theology clear enough to one another in the past for either of us to need to clarify them here. I did enjoy taking a moment to think about your post though.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.