Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

I was watching a baby nurse from a bottle, and every time he'd suckle a drink his forehead would wrinkle up and stretch smooth again, reminding me of an accordion.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: chainsaw midget on February 25, 2024, 11:25:34 PM
I have a friend on discord that I've been talking to and working on projects with for about five years now.  The whole time I've known him, he's been sick and slowly dying.  Tonight, he logged off for the final time and said he was going to spend his last few weeks with family. 

It's really weird saying goodbye to somebody when you know that their time is almost up and you'll never talk to them again.

Sorry to hear that.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

In Blinded By the Light, there is no way he's saying "deuce."

Alex

Quote from: ER on February 27, 2024, 10:12:47 AM
In Blinded By the Light, there is no way he's saying "deuce."

What is it you think he is singing? It sounds like "Revved up like a deuce" to me.

Although for a long time I thought the word was "douche" myself.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

I just cannot hear anything but douche. To be blunt, I think he slid the word anus in there too. Like Third-Eye Blind in the '90s, I believe he got by with slipping a dirty song off onto Top-40 radio.

ER

A place where I used to work got hit by a tornado this week.

Paquita

Quote from: ER on February 27, 2024, 10:22:58 AM
I just cannot hear anything but douche. To be blunt, I think he slid the word anus in there too. Like Third-Eye Blind in the '90s, I believe he got by with slipping a dirty song off onto Top-40 radio.

The lyrics "and little early birdie gave my anus curly whirly" is definitely in that song and you cannot convince me otherwise. It's the best part of the song.

ER

LilCerberus

What if Davros from Doctor Who killed everybody's favorite late night horror host, and had to spend the rest of eternity introducing awful movies at gunpoint???

Or what if those crabs from Attack Of The Crab Monsters ate a bunch of clown heads, and had to walk around shouting "Hi Kids!"???
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

Ever notice there's talkers and doers and braggarts tend to be the ones who do the least of all?

Alex

I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Rev. Powell

Quote from: ER on March 04, 2024, 10:04:01 PM
Shame Sheryl Crow's not around anymore.

If that's a joke I don't get it, but she's around. She's releasing a new album soon.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Paquita on February 29, 2024, 08:53:07 PM
Quote from: ER on February 27, 2024, 10:22:58 AM

The lyrics "and little early birdie gave my anus curly whirly" is definitely in that song and you cannot convince me otherwise. It's the best part of the song.

😳😆😆😆😆

With a South African playing the keyboards you know what to expect 😉
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Indy wanted me to tell everyone he isn't dead, he's just been having some computer issues. He's still reachable by phone though.