Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:28:00 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  please help me I'm going insane trying to remember « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: please help me I'm going insane trying to remember  (Read 5714 times)
dopepope
New Visitor

« on: November 23, 2021, 11:13:55 PM »

My memories of this film are hazy at best. Many of them might be wrong, or a miss mash of other films. But this is what I think I remember about the movie after all this time:

It was around 1986 or later, but not much later. I saw it on VHS. I rented it with another movie called 'Mountaintop Motel Massacre'. May have been a double feature. Or a different day all together.

Plot details: It was a horror film. It was either a slasher, or an alien creature as the killer. I can't remember exactly. I do recall one kill towards the end, someone crawling through a ceiling door to an attic, but the door slams on their neck, leaving them almost decapitated, with their body dangling from the ceiling below, and their bloody head in the attic, still sort of alive.
Another important detail was at some point in the movie, a character tells the story of an urban legend of the 'licked hand', where a girl is home alone with her dog that sleeps under her bed. The dog licks her hand and she feels secure. But a dripping sound from the shower stall near by makes her get up and check on the sound, and it's her dog, killed, and hanging from the shower head, it's blood making the dripping sound. And the killer was licking her hand the whole time.
This story freaked me out.

I don't really think the movie was any good, but I'm going insane trying to find it. It's really obscure and I'm starting to think I made it up in my head. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
alyxstarr
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 01:05:43 AM »

The Slayer (1982) features death by attic trap door.

(Try searching youtube for "the slayer 1982 all deaths" to see a clip.)

I don't know whether it includes the "licked hand" urban legend; seems unlikely but not impossible. There's a wikipedia page for the urban legend, and the "background" section includes some movies where it's shown up -- probably not comprehensive, but maybe something there will ring a bell.

dopepope
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 11:14:00 AM »

Big thanks for the response. I found the full movie of 'The Slayer' on YouTube and watched it. Honestly, I didn't feel anything while watching, nothing seemed familiar at all. The attic trap door scene was the only thing that was similar to what I remember, but I don't think it's the movie. And the 'licked hand' part being absent is proving that. But damn good guess!

I think this movie is a bit older than what I saw. I feel like what I saw was more late 80's. And 'The Slayer' seemed early 80s.

Again, thanks for your help.
BedsideGreaser
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:17:10 AM »

Try Campfire Tales.
The Slayer was very difficult to find in rental stores back then,
those who got it mostly saw the heavily censored Vipco release.
dopepope
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 07:45:27 PM »

Try Campfire Tales.
The Slayer was very difficult to find in rental stores back then,
those who got it mostly saw the heavily censored Vipco release.

just watched the trailer for Campfire Tales. Definitely not it. it's like a full decade later than I recall watching it. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
BedsideGreaser
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 10:07:24 PM »

While it don't show it, Susan Kiger
sits in a graveyard telling friends
the Licked Hand story in 1982's
slasher, Death Screams/House of Death.
dopepope
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »

Another fantastic reply. The full movie is on YouTube, so I watched it. And aside from the scene where she tells the 'licked hand' story, nothing about this movie feels familiar. So, that's two suggestions, that feature exactly what I described, yet neither of them are what I remember watching. I'm not sure if the 'licked hand' scene seems familiar because it's possibly what I saw, or if it's because the story is familiar to me, and it's a stand in for a memory. Know what i mean?
Anyway, I still don't consider this solved, but I doubt it will ever be. Thanks tho.
BedsideGreaser
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »

hoping you find it, sounds like a interesting movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  please help me I'm going insane trying to remember « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.