Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:07:46 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Keep. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Keep.  (Read 1443 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 25, 2022, 05:59:44 PM »

So I don't know if anyone else is a fan of this one. I like it (I know it is a bit of a mess, but I like it anyway), read the book, although I haven't quite managed to get my hands on the old boardgame. Anyway, it is being remade.

https://www.fangoria.com/original/surprise-greg-nicotero-is-remaking-the-keep/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 06:18:18 PM »

The '80s movie with the Nazis? I've seen that.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 11:09:55 PM »

The movie wasn't bad but the book was better (as they nearly always are).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 04:27:52 AM »

The '80s movie with the Nazis? I've seen that.

Indeed it is. Fantastic cast too. Jürgen Prochnow, Ian McKellen, Scott Glenn & Gabriel Byrne. I found the film strangely compelling.

Then again I do have a thing for movies where nazi's get killed a lot.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 04:28:36 AM »

Have you read any other books in the series? I haven't yet, but may do in the future.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 05:52:29 AM »

It was a bit of a mess but I liked it. The score was great too.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 04:49:28 PM »

Have you read any other books in the series? I haven't yet, but may do in the future.

I've read the Keep and about half of the Repairman Jack books.  The Repairman Jack books are quite fun, they're in the same setting and eventually have a cross-over with characters from The Keep/Adversary Cycle.  One thing though, I think Jack is best when in more isolated stuff; when he gets tied into bigger picture huge supernatural events, it's less compelling.  Still intending to finish the rest of the books, but haven't gotten there yet.
Neville

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 06:34:03 AM »

Such a great start, and such a messy movie.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 08:56:59 AM »

There's this Internet rumour going for decades that Michael Mann is preventing The Keep to be released to DVD, blu-ray and streaming services, since Mann wasn't happy with the film for some reason. However, there was a legit DVD release in Australia this year. Not the greatest quality, but still a physical media release nonetheless.

I've only seen The Keep back in vhs days. I wouldn't mind a revisit someday.

Is it October yet?
Neville

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 09:06:48 AM »

It's atmospheric, has a lot of names in the cast... but that's all of it.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »

I remember reading this was a big deal for Paramount, they had a lot riding on it. The Keep was suppose to be one of their biggest releases of 1983, and it flopped hard at the box office. Surprised it wasn't nominated for the razzies.

Is it October yet?
Archivist

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 10:49:55 PM »

I've read the Keep and about half of the Repairman Jack books.  The Repairman Jack books are quite fun, they're in the same setting and eventually have a cross-over with characters from The Keep/Adversary Cycle.  One thing though, I think Jack is best when in more isolated stuff; when he gets tied into bigger picture huge supernatural events, it's less compelling.  Still intending to finish the rest of the books, but haven't gotten there yet.

The only book in the series I've read is Dark City in the Repairman Jack novels. I like that one a lot, but I haven't had the time to get into the others, as there are so many of them. The Adversary cycle seems almost daunting to start - I got into Dark City because it was on the shelf at the local library, and I thought it was a novelization of the Alex Proyas movie. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a good. original novel instead.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Keep. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.