Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:13 AM
713342 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  What TV Shows Are you Watching? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: What TV Shows Are you Watching?  (Read 35435 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »

Japanese Tales of the Macabre.

Animated Japanese horror stories. The stories are interesting, although they don't always have a traditional structure, make sense or have a resolution. Both the music over the opening and closing credits are annoying although for different reasons. The disjointed closing song is especially grating though, even if it suits the show. It reminds me a lot of the manga I used to watch in the 80s.

Oh and at the very end of the credits is a short easter egg story.

On Netflix.

Just started this one myself. Two episodes in, I agree with your assessment (except that I like the music). Hoping that there will be a knockout story or two on the back 10.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2023, 12:55:26 PM »

Animated Japanese horror stories. The stories are interesting, although they don't always have a traditional structure, make sense or have a resolution. Both the music over the opening and closing credits are annoying although for different reasons. The disjointed closing song is especially grating though, even if it suits the show. It reminds me a lot of the manga I used to watch in the 80s.

On Netflix.

Just started this one myself. Two episodes in, I agree with your assessment (except that I like the music). Hoping that there will be a knockout story or two on the back 10.

I haven't watched the full series yet, but I plan on. I think it is because I want to hear all of the story at the end of the credits lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2023, 09:44:09 AM »

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. It's been encouragingly better than the odious Discovery and the character-shattering Picard, but less fun than Below Decks. I'm three episodes in and crossing my fingers it doesn't warp over any sharks.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2023, 10:23:06 AM »

On Netflix.

I haven't watched the full series yet, but I plan on. I think it is because I want to hear all of the story at the end of the credits lol.

I liked the third one, "Hanging Balloon."

ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2023, 03:14:27 AM »

The Last of Us. Doing well so far, although I've never played the games. (OTOH, several turned the cut scenes for the first and those plus some gameplay into movies, and are available at YT.)

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2023, 10:39:28 AM »

On Netflix.

I liked the third one, "Hanging Balloon."

And having finished off the series, I can say the one episode I strongly recommend is "Layers of Fear." Truly freaky. It's only the third highest rated episode on IMDB, but I think it's by far the best of the lot, followed by "Hanging Balloon," followed by everything else.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2023, 11:39:29 AM »

I gotta say I found Picard season two almost damagingly awful.  I consoled myself with the thought that it too is set in an alternate universe from the "real" Picard.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2023, 11:56:00 AM »

I gotta say I found Picard season two almost damagingly awful.  I consoled myself with the thought that it too is set in an alternate universe from the "real" Picard.

I've read nothing but bad things about that show. I'm currently rewatching TNG and I'm afraid to tarnish those good memories with something so bleak and anti-trek like that.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2023, 03:00:23 PM »

I was ready to write off all Trek after Enterprise but Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds have restored a mite of hope. Bask in the glow of TNG as long as you can.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2023, 02:21:05 AM »

I am on the last couple of episodes of Deep Space 9. It is a shame it took so long to have some really enjoyable episodes.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2023, 08:46:06 AM »

Finally finished up THE PRISONER. Wow, what a classic!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2023, 09:10:15 AM »

When the new series of Star Trek movies came out I upset Kristi by mentioning this meant that all of the original series would now be non-canon and that everything else that followed would also be changed by it (yes, I know all about the alternate universe stuff, but I still managed to wind her up over it).

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2023, 11:51:13 AM »

Reliving my childhood with Monkey.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2023, 05:30:06 PM »

I watched this mini-series last month

it was fun, but I was very disappointed that the big reveal at the end of it was obvious to me

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2023, 04:32:35 PM »

Since I got Paramount+ I been catching up on a couple recent seasons of The Amazing Race I hadn't seen. It's one of my favorite shows of all time. Just watched contestants eat Corsican maggot cheese (exactly what it sounds like) the other night.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  What TV Shows Are you Watching? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.