Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:16:04 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  NASA to probe... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NASA to probe...  (Read 1360 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 21, 2022, 12:56:05 PM »

Cue childish jokes and much giggling.

Uranus should be the next target for NASA’s spacecraft, a once-a-decade report by a panel of American scientists has said.

The ‘decadal study’ is prepared by the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine at NASA’s request, and helps to steer targets for the space agency in the next decade.

Uranus is the third-largest planet in our solar system, but it’s not been studied a huge amount, as it’s 19 times further from the Sun than our Earth is.

The report says, ‘The committee prioritises the Uranus Orbiter and Probe (UOP) as the highest-priority new flagship mission for initiation in the decade 2023–2032.’

Read more: Scientists warn dangerous space rocks could be hiding in meteor shower

The Uranus Orbiter and Probe (UOP) would conduct a multiyear orbital tour to transform knowledge of ice giants in general, and the Uranian system in particular.

It would do this through ‘flybys’ of the planet and the delivery of an atmospheric probe.

The report states that a launch within the 2023-2032 decade is viable on currently available launch vehicles.

The second-placed choice is to search for life on Saturn’s icy moon Enceladus.

Geyser-like plumes of ice erupt from the surface of Enceladus, hinting that life could lurk in the moon’s subsurface ocean.

Read more: Huge meteor explodes in the sky above Derby

“This report sets out an ambitious but practicable vision for advancing the frontiers of planetary science, astrobiology, and planetary defense in the next decade,” said Robin Canup, assistant vice president of the Planetary Sciences Directorate at the Southwest Research Institute, and co-chair of the National Academies’ steering committee for the decadal survey.

“This recommended portfolio of missions, high-priority research activities, and technology development will produce transformative advances in human knowledge and understanding about the origin and evolution of the solar system, and of life and the habitability of other bodies beyond Earth.”

Casey Dreier, senior space policy adviser for research nonprofit the Planetary Society told the BBC, “It’s very likely to me that the Uranus orbiter will happen.“This kicks off an interesting process of morphing ideas and words into metal and technology of spacecraft that takes decades.”

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 04:17:19 PM »

it stinks there

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 10:34:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure that they'll find some Klingons during the probe 😳😁😉🐢

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  NASA to probe... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.