Main Menu

Odd Facts

Started by ER, July 30, 2022, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingedSerpent

Wooly Mammoths were still alive when the pyramids were being built
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

zombie no.one

pure honey never goes off or deteriorates
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

ER

Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which boasts of being a mountain town, has an elevation of 1,289 feet above sea level, while pancake flat Liberal, Kansas sits at more than twice that high, 2,835 feet.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

chainsaw midget

The creator of Robocop got the idea while working on the set of Blade Runner.  The funny thing is, he wasn't actually part of the crew for Blade Runner.  Nobody hired him or assigned him a job on the movie.  He just wanted to be involved so he showed up and started working.  The crew was so big that nobody could keep track of everybody that worked there. 

Once he finally got a script written for Robocop, nobody wanted to buy it.  He tried to seel the idea to Stan Lee to be made into a comic.  That fell apart after he went to go see Terminator with Stan.  Stan Lee told him that nothing could ever live up to that (The Terminator) and the project fell apart. 

ER

There is no exact symmetry in the human body: fingers, toes, legs, ears, even eyes, are not precisely identical in size.

Alex

Someone actually made figures for Xardoz (with a slight name change to avoid copyright problems).

https://www.tangentminiatures.com/product-page/cultists-of-xodraz

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Allhallowsday

Mystery of Australia's 'Somerton Man' solved after 70 years, researcher says

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-62314555
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

^I just saw this a story on this guy on TV! Not the solving of his identity. It was a rerun.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

A natural diamond will sink in water; most man-made diamonds float.

chainsaw midget

The largest videogame collection in the world belongs to a man in Texas.  He has over 20,000 games. 

It took Guiness judges eight days to count his collection before he could be awarded his record.

ER

Quote from: chainsaw midget on June 01, 2023, 08:10:21 PM
The largest videogame collection in the world belongs to a man in Texas.  He has over 20,000 games. 

It took Guiness judges eight days to count his collection before he could be awarded his record.
Not to mention get back upstairs from his parents' basement.

ER

There are about 2 1/4 teaspoons of sugar in a Big Mac.

Rev. Powell

Not fact, exactly, but speculation: Genghis Khan is thought to have over 30 million descendants. (There are about 16 million modern males who have a mutation on their Y chromosome dating back to a Mongolian male from around that time, and, logically, an equal number of female descendants.)
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Rev. Powell

Didn't we used to have a "fact of the day" topic?

Anyway, my odd fact is that Ulysses S. Grant was arrested--while he was President.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Peter Lorre's daughter, Catherine, was picked-up by the Hillside Stranglers. They let her go when she showed them a picture of her father. They liked Peter Lorre's movies.

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant