Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:39:13 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Val Kilmer would like to return as Batman. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Val Kilmer would like to return as Batman.  (Read 1286 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 25, 2022, 04:23:25 AM »

I find this one hard to imagine happening, but you never know.

With multiverse stories opening the doors to bring back actors from every famous super hero franchise to have been a part of Hollywood history, Val Kilmer wants to suit up as Batman one more time. Kilmer, who recently reprised his role as Iceman in the hugely successful Top Gun: Maverick, is one of few actors who have had the chance to play one of the most iconic characters in comic book history. With Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, and Robert Pattinson all currently playing Batman in live-action films, Kilmer has officially tossed his hat into the ring for a return.

IGN's Jim Vejvoda recently conducted an interview with Kilmer via e-mail in promotion of Top Gun: Maverick's release. The Q&A was carried out via e-mail, with Vejvoda bring the answers to Twitter. Vejvoda asked, "Specifically, we now have multiple universes in comic book movies where actors who've played Batman or Spider-Man in the past team up with the current actor playing the role. Would you have any interest in playing Batman/Bruce Wayne again even in a cameo?"

"Yea, please," Kilmer responded. The DC movie franchise is up for a big multiverse story when The Flash hits theaters next year, with multiple versions of the titular hero due to appear along with Ben Affleck's take on Batman from Batman v. Superman and Justice League and Michael Keaton suiting up again for the first time since Batman Returns which released 30 years ago in 1992. Pattinson is portraying the Caped Crusader in a separate saga which takes place in a whole new universe with a new canon. See the tweet with Kilmer's Q&A from IGN's Vejvoda below.

IGN: Specifically, we now have multiple universes in comic book movies where actors who've played Batman or Spider-Man in the past team up with the current actor playing the role. Would you have any interest in playing Batman/Bruce Wayne again even in a cameo?

VAL: Yea please pic.twitter.com/GtYgJjj9Wh

— Jim Vejvoda (@JimVejvoda) August 23, 2022
Wanting a return to Batman is not something everyone who has played the part wants. There are Batman alum like George Clooney who don't see a need to ever revisit the DC Comics gig. "I feel like Batman died with me," Clooney told ComicBook.com in 2017. "As you can imagine, don't you guys feel the same way? Let me just point this out, I wore a rubber suit and giant rubber nipples, and I still have a career."

Then, there is The Dark Knight trilogy star Christian Bale who would only return to Batman under one condition. "Nobody reaches out to me or they keep me like a mushroom, keep me in the dark and feed me sh-t," Bale told ComicBook.com in July of 2022. "For me, that would be a matter of Chris Nolan, if he ever decided to do it again and if he chose to come my way again, then yeah, I would consider it because that was always our pact between each other is we would just stick to it. We said we would only ever make three. And then I said to myself, and I'd only ever make it with Chris."

Kilmer portrayed Batman in Batman Forever back in 1995. The film did not spawn a sequel with Kilmer in the role. There don't seem to be any plans to bring him back for a cameo or bigger role right now. Would you like to see him suited up once more? Share your thoughts in the comment section or send them my way on Twitter. Top Gun: Maverick is available now for digital downloads.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 03:52:28 PM »

Poor VAL.  I like BATMAN FOREVER, but it does suck.  And I'll always remember what JOEL SCHUMACHER said about VAL

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 07:10:31 AM »

I didn't even think Batman Forever was that bad, but Val was easily the worst of the Batmen.  He just felt so wooden and stiff in the role. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »

I didn't even think Batman Forever was that bad, but Val was easily the worst of the Batmen.  He just felt so wooden and stiff in the role.  
I meant it when I said I like BATMAN FOREVER but I don't have a high opinion of it.  JIM CARREY is wonderful and really gets on my nerves.  Bruce Wayne is the flip-side of the wooden nickel.  I'd still take KILMER over CLOONEY (head bob head bob).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:52:24 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Val Kilmer would like to return as Batman. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.