Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80s post-apocalyptic movie with water slug « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 80s post-apocalyptic movie with water slug  (Read 6235 times)
oogooboo
New Visitor

« on: September 11, 2022, 11:14:33 PM »

I watched this movie on TV probably 30ish years ago so the memories are vague and not 100% accurate.

- I think at the start of the movie the main character(s?) a man and woman leave a futuristic bunker and go into a desert wasteland.
- At one point they are captured by the bad guys in some kind of cave/mountain type terrain.
- The woman gets thrown into a pit with water and a cage on top and they put a slug in the water that they say will eat her brain and want to use her body to breed new people.
- The man comes in a rescues her then.
- The escape through some tunnels with bad guys with torches (?) chasing them.  The main bad guy might have had a mask or been bald, really can't remember.

I've been scouring imdb and searching but I have no idea of the name.  Thanks!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 01:07:31 AM »

This might be the movie Survivor.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
oogooboo
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 01:56:16 AM »

This might be the movie Survivor.

Thanks, I looked that up (really hard to search for not the game show lol), and it doesn't look like it. 

It has the same general plot but none of the details I remember.  (no mutant slugs, no flooded underground cave)  I think that the bunker place at the start had bright white walls too, this one looks like he lands in a spaceship.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 07:25:29 PM »

Possibly SPACEHUNTER (1983). It is post-apoc looking, has tunnels, water, and a bald baddie. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086346/
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 09:49:53 PM »

Reminds me a bit of a post-apocalyptic Australian flick called PARASITE.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
oogooboo
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 10:24:12 PM »

Well, I checked out space hunter but that isn't it (but that was a really weird movie I ended up watching the whole thing, like the highest budget bad movie I've ever seen).  Parasite I found on youtube, but that doesn't look like it either (more of a standard b horror movie).

I possibly watched this on the Philadelphia UHF channel in the early 90s/ late 80s as part of weekend double feature probably while I was doing homework so I'm probably remembering at least some of these details wrong.  For the longest time time I thought the name was XTRO II (which was obviously wrong, looking it up later, that might have been the other movie in the double feature). 

I'm not sure if it was dubbed or not (I don't think I would notice at that age unless it was really poorly done). 

I think they might have had another pregnant woman that they showed behind a curtain that had her brain sucked out by the worm (I'm not even sure if they showed the worm or not, maybe just a shape making ripples in the water and then talking about it / running away form it).
alyxstarr
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 12:19:14 AM »

I just watched Mindwarp (1991), and I feel fairly confident this is the movie you're looking for.

- Woman leaves futuristic bunker for desert wasteland -- alone, but quickly meets up with man (Bruce Campbell!)
- They're captured by baddies who live in underground caverns
- Main baddie (Angus Scrimm!) wears a hood/mask in some scenes
- The water in the caves is full of small, fast-moving leech/slug-like parasites; they don't eat brains exactly, but do "nibble on your dendrites," I think Scrimm's character says, lol -- making the host compliant (they act kind of brainwashed/braindead)
- One of the baddies tries to infect the woman with the parasites (via syringe), and the main baddie wants to impregnate her to breed a new generation of (normal-ish) people
- At one point she walks through a gauzy curtain and finds a pregnant woman
- Bruce is put in a mostly-submerged cage where he is attacked by the parasites

Mindwarp came out around the same time as Xtro II, so it would make sense for them to be paired as a double feature.
oogooboo
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 08:35:00 PM »

I just watched Mindwarp (1991), and I feel fairly confident this is the movie you're looking for.

Wow I just watched the trailer and that is 100% it!  (Must have seen this before watching Evil Dead since I didn't remember Bruce in it)

Thank you so much!

Was starting to think I imagined the whole thing.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 08:49:36 PM »

Cold Case SOLVED!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80s post-apocalyptic movie with water slug « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.