Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:22 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes  (Read 10478 times)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2022, 07:13:15 AM »

Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. Very lazy scriptwriting and not funny enough.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2022, 02:20:20 PM »

One I remembered recently: TED. I recall we were watching it with my brother, since we heard so many great things about it, and half an hour later we were bored out of our minds. One of the rare occasions in which I turned off a movie halfway through.

And the worst part is that I kinda like FAMILY GUY, but this was atrocious.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 03:32:03 PM »

Ok so I started to watch this movie BRICK (2005) and had to turn it off because I honestly never managed to understand a word. It felt like watching a movie from another planet. It's some kid trying to solve a murder, but they talk insanely fast and all in some weird ass lingo.
The subtitles went so fast that I barely had time to read them, and since most of the times they talked a million words per second, I found myself trying to read a movie, rather than watching it.

I don't even know if the plot was good, I never understood a word.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 04:13:43 PM »

I tried again to watch a tubi "urban" original called the Assistant. It was so stupid I'll try again though
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2023, 04:26:42 PM »

Maybe within 30 minutes:

Mako: Jaws of Death

The Projected Man

Kingdom of the Spiders

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

It Happened at Lakewood Manor

Empire of the Ants

In the Year 2889

The Atomic Submarine

The Green Slime

Monstrosity

Attack of the Crab Monsters

I've seen all of these!
More than twice!  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 04:55:59 PM »

Glass Onion

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 09:45:21 PM »

PERFORMANCE (1970) starring JAMES FOX and MICK JAGGER ... Busy editing = pitchfork to the ass.  To be fair it came on TCM at like 4 am, and I did intend to look at only the beginning and I did... but hell I stayed up 'til 6 am watching crap like THE VELVET VAMPIRE !!!   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2023, 10:01:06 PM »

The Children of Dune mini-series, which can be considered as a series of three movies, as each episode is around 1.5 hours long.

It got 7 out of 10 but for some reason it dragged, although I lasted an hour for the first episode. I saw nothing wrong with acting, dialogue, production design, etc., so I can only guess there are issues with the story itself. I did not read the source materials, but my understanding is that they tried to be faithful to it. That said, I would have suggested that they retell the story in chunks, but that's exactly what a mini-series does. With that, I don't know what else to consider.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2023, 04:35:25 PM »

ABOUT MY FATHER (2023)

Holy crap this was painful. I couldn't even last the 15 minutes the thread asked for. The joke is De Niro speaking in italian, get it?!

Stay away from this awful disaster and just go watch MEET THE PARENTS, it's the same thing but actually funny.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 02:18:38 PM »

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM

don't think I lasted 15 mins of this the other day. horrible overacting and not just from RW. you kind of expect it from him. just the entire thing grated on me instantly, tone-wise

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2023, 02:51:00 AM »

horrible overacting and not just from RW.

It's your word against theirs  Wink

AMC named Good Morning, Vietnam one of the 20 greatest war movies of all time.

American Comedy Awards, Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture (Leading Role) Robin Williams (Won) Good Morning, Vietnam
Golden Globe Awards, Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy Robin Williams (Won) Good Morning, Vietnam
Academy Awards, Best Actor Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam
British Academy Film Awards, Best Actor in a Leading Role Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam
Sant Jordi Awards, Best Foreign Actor Robin Williams (Nominated) Good Morning, Vietnam

I've only seen Good Morning, Vietnam once back in rental days. I probably should watch it again to form an opinion.

Is it October yet?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2023, 06:23:19 AM »

no doubt it won awards but I also can’t think of too many Oscar winning movies in my collection tbh… just wasn’t for me, ho hum

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2023, 06:29:45 AM »

I'll let the Awards defend RW but I think both Forest Whitaker and Bruno Kirby are pretty great in GMV, and Whitaker is great by being understated, not overacting.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2023, 06:36:38 AM »

Yeah I feel like Whittaker really overstated how understated he was acting , kind of like ”hey everyone look at me, look how understated I’m being!”

J/K

I just think my tolerance levels for anything I don’t immediately warm to are getting less as I get older, and weren’t too high to begin with

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2023, 07:44:22 PM »

I can relate to that.

Forest Whitaker's acting is like sushi. I love it, often can't get enough of it, but I know a lot of people just can't stomach it.

Back in '95, I insisted to anyone who'd listen that Whitaker deserved an Oscar nomination for SPECIES.  BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies I recently turned off within 15 minutes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.