Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:16:43 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Truly awful movies you had to suffer thru. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Truly awful movies you had to suffer thru.  (Read 3850 times)
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« on: October 11, 2022, 12:13:25 AM »

The thread about movies you dropped after 15 minutes made me remember a movie I wanted to drop after 5 minutes but I had to suffer thru despite the pain.  Ooohhhhh,  the pain, the horror, the agony.

It was called ''2025.  The world enslaved by a virus''.  Here was the tagline: ''It's 2025, The world as we have known in 2020 does not exist anymore. The Virus changed the world, and communism is all over the place. A global world language developed, meetings are illegal, traveling is illegal, and Christianity is illegal.''

Imagine a movie written by Jack Chick, and directed by somone with all Ed Wood's flaws and none of his redeeming qualities. Imagine a cast of people who would not be qualified to act in a 70's pr0n flick, in a movie with less budget than ''manos, the hands of fate''.

Even then you're only coming close to the abnegation of entertainment that is ''2025, TWEBAV''.

It is currently the lowest rated movie on letterboxd,  for hell's sake.

Really,  rather than go into how bad it is I'll just link you to a review page on imdb:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13788842/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

So why did I suffer thru this movie even as I bit the backs of my handstill they bled to distract me from the mental pain it caused me?  Just to see what level people seeking to exploit covid would sink to. In a way i have to give them credit. They hit the bottom of the Marianas trench and kept going.

I'm kind of surprised at the end the villain's eyes didn't glow red to show they were actually demons or, possibly,  Satan himself. I guess they didn't have the expertise for that level of fx.

Have you ever had to suffer thru a movie you yearned to get away from? What was it and what made you suffer thru it?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 03:13:35 AM »

There's been a few-- the one I didn't quite make it all the way through (about 90 some percent through before I left to pee and didn't return to my seat because I couldn't take it any more) was BILLY MADISON.
It was torture to make it all the way through ALIEN RESURRECTION.  Man, that was bad.
An early 80s movie called MIDNIGHT was really, really painful.  Did a review of that one for this site.  Trevor loves to torture me with memories or pictures of this one here and there.
Some people think of SALO as an art film or a "subtle" take on the dangers of fascism, or whatever.  No, it's sensationalistic garbage.  Other movies are not subtle and are a bit on the sensationalistic side but are much better (MEN BEHIND THE SUN).  This was Pier Paolo Passolini's last film (before he was murdered), and he had made far, far better previously.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 06:10:02 AM »

The remake of Master Harold And The Boys as well as Invictus and District 9 Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »

Shin Godzilla and the first Hollywood version of Godzilla.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 07:55:48 AM »

CITIZEN KANE, without a doubt. Longest hours of my life. Staring at a blank wall would've been more entertaining. I have other experiences but that one marked me for life.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »

Many years ago my wife rented Meet Joe Black. She enjoyed it (doubtlessly due to her lingering crush on Brad Pitt, but I was absolutely bored to tears (except for the scene when Pitt's character wanders into traffic and gets hit by several vehicles at once, which made me laugh so loudly that my wife said I was a terrible person).

Around the 90 minute mark I thought to myself "Well, this movie absolutely sucks, but at least it should be over soon..."

Then I glanced at the back of the VHS box and saw with horror that its' run time was a hair over THREE HOURS so I had another 90 minutes to go!

At that point, I understood why animals caught in traps will gnaw their legs off to escape.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 10:13:28 AM »

Around the 90 minute mark I thought to myself "Well, this movie absolutely sucks, but at least it should be over soon..."

Then I glanced at the back of the VHS box and saw with horror that its' run time was a hair over THREE HOURS so I had another 90 minutes to go!

At that point, I understood why animals caught in traps will gnaw their legs off to escape.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 10:15:47 AM »

An early 80s movie called MIDNIGHT was really, really painful.  Did a review of that one for this site.  Trevor loves to torture me with memories or pictures of this one here and there.

TeddyR TeddyR

The reason why I always 'torture' you with that movie is that your review of it genuinely gave me a good belly laugh, especially where you told the reader to "go egg Leonard Maltin's house".  BounceGiggle TeddyR TeddyR

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/midnight/

Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »

Underworld, Resident Evil and Van Helsing.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 12:54:47 PM »

Bad Boys, Hudson Hawk, Operation Dunkirk

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 10:13:33 PM »

I watched THE FOG (1980) last night.  I like it; it's ridiculous.  Truly awful. 

IT'S ALIVE! (1969) more boring than can be described.  LARRY BUCHANAN wasting film. 

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972) A very important film for its success.  I hate it. 

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (1978) Loathsome. 

CANNIBAL FEROX (1981)  Exploitation cheap-fest.  Low, mean-spirited garbage. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2022, 03:32:54 AM »

People aren’t saying why they had to endure these movies, as opposed to having the luxury of just switching off… kinda assumed that was OP’s point?

Anyway a very close friend once hired out a mini cinema for his birthday, to screen COFFEE & CIGARETTES. There was about 20 of us crammed in this place, swelteringly hot, and although there were a couple of segments of this film I actually enjoyed (the Steve Coogan / Albert Molina bit is really good) the majority of the film was a big slog, and to be sat in silence in that environment, watching a very low key and pretty quiet film with many silent pauses, was just about the most un-birthday celebration type event ever. It was such a relief when it ended

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2022, 05:53:14 AM »

FAMILY PROPERTY: BACKWOODS HILLBILLY MASSACRE

The back of the DVD case quoted a critic as saying "Quite Possibly the Worst Movie Ever Made."
I thought, "OK, challenge accepted!"
The critic was right.  Painful to watch.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 07:26:54 AM »

People aren’t saying why they had to endure these movies, as opposed to having the luxury of just switching off… kinda assumed that was OP’s point?

Yes, you're right there. I watched CITIZEN KANE because apparently it's the best movie ever made, and I had to find out why. I did knew the meaning of the word "overrated" at that moment.

Another one I hated: INTERSTELLAR. Long, boring, pointless, and at times, completely unreasonable. It's basically CONTACT but without any of the existencial discussions that made that movie great. Instead it's Nolan's inflated ego being splashed all over the screen for three hours. I had to watch it because my girlfriend loved it and she could chose the movie that night. I longed for oblivion but never came.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »

Yes, you're right there. I watched CITIZEN KANE because apparently it's the best movie ever made, and I had to find out why. I did knew the meaning of the word "overrated" at that moment.

Yeah think I’m with you there. They showed it at the nearby cinema when I was at uni… I went, and came out remembering nothing of what I just saw.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Truly awful movies you had to suffer thru. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.