Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:39 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movie idea: mycomaterials « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad movie idea: mycomaterials  (Read 1338 times)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« on: October 11, 2022, 07:05:09 AM »

Mycomaterials are supposed to be the next big thing. As they will be grown from bacteria and/or fungi, they will be fully sustainable and recyclable. This is from an actual press release about scientific research

quote:
The project is investigating so-called "Engineered Living Materials" (ELMs). ELMs are materials composed of living cells that retain their biological activity within different use scenarios. The project will investigate new functionalities of these materials, such as their inherent intelligent, adaptive and self-healing properties.
Prof. Eveline Peeters of the VUB's Microbiology research group explains: "We are talking about benign fungi and bacteria that are not harmful to health. Interest in the use of fungi for various material applications, so-called mycomaterials, is on the rise. For example, Adidas and Hermes are developing prototypes for shoes and bags from these materials as sustainable alternatives to animal leather or plastic. The automotive sector is also interested in experimenting with seat covers or dashboard insulation made from mycomaterials. In current experiments and applications, the mold is killed at the end of the production phase. But this new project FUNGATERIA is visionary and goes one step further: what if we let the organisms live while using the material? We could then, for example, make shoes out of "fungal leather," which could heal itself if scratched."
end quote

Now, perhaps I have seen too many B movies, but this definitely has potential for a horror scenario, perhaps with some zombies thrown in.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 02:37:41 PM »

My first two thoughts were either Forbidden World with the new food source that starts eating people or They Came From Within (AKA Shivers) with the parasites that were supposed to replace people's internal organs...

But at the end, I found myself wondering what would happen if this stuff started mingling with that yucky stuff y' find in an old pair of socks.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 11:30:26 PM »

This is not a bad movie idea. It has potential.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 12:54:40 AM »

But at the end, I found myself wondering what would happen if this stuff started mingling with that yucky stuff y' find in an old pair of socks.....

As I said, you should pitch that to Troma

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 06:18:17 AM »

Or in a certain person's shattered undies 😳😳😉
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 06:56:49 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 11:30:37 PM »

I'm sure like a lot of new technologies, it'll be feared at first.  Then eventually we'll wonder how we ever lived without it. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 09:23:02 PM »

Well, this material is already here and it's growing rapidly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cApVVuuqLFY

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movie idea: mycomaterials « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.