Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:36:56 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  your "perfect"bad movies... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: your "perfect"bad movies...  (Read 3132 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 06:57:12 PM »

Troll 2, The Room, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Samurai Cop, Glen or Glenda, Mommie Dearest, Robot Monster, Turkish Star Wars, Birdemic: Shock and Terror, Ben and Arthur, Fatal Deviation, Hobgoblins, Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies, the entire Sharknado franchise, Lavalantula and its sequal 2 Lava 2 Lantula
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:01:29 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 08:47:33 PM »

I watched two PERFECTLY BAD movies last night: 

COFFY (1973) 

FOXY BROWN (1974) 

These are both bad in every way I describe "bad" in a movie, perhaps mostly "bad" for you.  Bad subject matter, bad script, bad acting... and yet, enormously entertaining (titillating and I ain't talking just PAM)!   Both of these movies are well shot and sometimes superbly directed (for a director that KNOWS his audience) but equally lurid, sleazy, exploitative... COFFY might be my 2nd favorite movie but I can't claim it's a masterpiece, in fact, it's trash!  I'm like Manny the rat in CHARLOTTE'S WEB ...Get me a big spoon! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 11:56:12 PM »

Point Break (1991) - it is a highly respected action cult movie but there is so much unintentional funny stuff going on for me that I can't help but to laugh whenever I watch Point Break. I know I'm on my own with this and that's ok. It is a bad acting Keanu Reeves movie who gets abused throughout the film. It is quite hilarious when you keep that in mind.
The bank robbery surveillance footage scene is bad cinema goodness. How can you not be amused by it? Especially since they are so sincere and serious about it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 06:04:20 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Trini
Crazy Poor Asian Valley Girl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2022, 04:05:14 PM »

Not counting anything from Ed Wood, these would be my picks...

DRAMA: The Room (2003), a bit basic of an entry but most other bad drama movies are just pretentious and boring

COMEDY: Sex Pot (2012), I'll admit that I only watched this movie at first to see Christine Nguyen naked. But it still was funny in a dumb stoner sort of way

ROMANCE: The Guest House (2011), Ever wonder what it would be like if you mixed the vibes of Hallmark Channel Original Movie with a very mild Skinemax softcore flick and gave it a sappy plot about lesbians? This is what you'd get.

ACTION - MARTIAL ARTS: The Dragon Lives Again (1977), If Fanfiction.net existed in the 70's, this movie would be a fic in the site's crossover section.

ACTION - WAR: Operation Nam (1986), One of the more underrated later entries in the "Macaroni Combat" subgenre of flicks IMHO

GANGSTER: Gigli (2003), Need I say more on this one?

WESTERN: Cut Throats Nine (1972), The sleaziest and most grimdark Western ever made

SCI-FI - CLASSIC: Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958), A film so iconic yet so poorly made. It spawned a slew of imitators and did for the giantess kink what Robin Hood and Sonic the Hedgehog did for furries.

SCI-FI - SPACE: Star Crash (1978), Still a better Star Wars film than anything Disney ever made.

SCI-FI - DYSTOPIAN: The Bronx Warriors (1982), The best two-for-one mockbuster you could ever see

HORROR - SLASHERS: Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (1992/2012), Yeah it's a glorified clip show but I still liked it as a guilty pleasure and as a "What Could Have Been?" sort of deal

HORROR - ZOMBIES: Hell of the Living Dead (1980), Bruno Mattei's magnum opus in my humble opinion

HORROR - VAMPIRES: Embrace The Darkness II (2002), This movie is the answer to the question "What if the guys who made Vampire: The Masquerade did a sleazy erotic thriller?"

HORROR - EXTREME: The Necro Files (1998), Words cannot do justice for this bizarre work of shot-on-video VHS sleaze

HORROR - DEMONS: Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966), Another basic pick but it earned its reputation

ADULT - SOFTCORE COMEDY: Ghost in a Teeny Bikini (2006), IMHO this is Fred Olen Ray's best movie in his post-2000 output and is both hilarious, campy, and full of nudity

ADULT - SOFTCORE THRILLER: Poison Ivy 3: The New Seduction (1997), It's a glorified remake of the first film on an even smaller budget, but with actual nudity. Twice the sleaze with none of the class.

ADULT - HARDCORE: The Geek (1971), Sleazy Bigfoot film with one of the lamest yet unintentionally funny endings in history

ADULT - ROUGHIE/EXTREME: The Taming of Rebecca (1982), This movie fails miserably at being arousing unless you're The Corridor Killer but it works as a messed up psychotic horror flick with a few moments of unintentional comedy whenever George Payne hams it up or whenever blatantly unlicensed music is playing during unfitting moments.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2022, 04:34:02 PM »

Not counting anything from Ed Wood, these would be my picks...

DRAMA: The Room (2003), a bit basic of an entry but most other bad drama movies are just pretentious and boring

COMEDY: Sex Pot (2012), I'll admit that I only watched this movie at first to see Christine Nguyen naked. But it still was funny in a dumb stoner sort of way

ROMANCE: The Guest House (2011), Ever wonder what it would be like if you mixed the vibes of Hallmark Channel Original Movie with a very mild Skinemax softcore flick and gave it a sappy plot about lesbians? This is what you'd get.

ACTION - MARTIAL ARTS: The Dragon Lives Again (1977), If Fanfiction.net existed in the 70's, this movie would be a fic in the site's crossover section.

ACTION - WAR: Operation Nam (1986), One of the more underrated later entries in the "Macaroni Combat" subgenre of flicks IMHO

GANGSTER: Gigli (2003), Need I say more on this one?

WESTERN: Cut Throats Nine (1972), The sleaziest and most grimdark Western ever made

SCI-FI - CLASSIC: Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958), A film so iconic yet so poorly made. It spawned a slew of imitators and did for the giantess kink what Robin Hood and Sonic the Hedgehog did for furries.

SCI-FI - SPACE: Star Crash (1978), Still a better Star Wars film than anything Disney ever made.

SCI-FI - DYSTOPIAN: The Bronx Warriors (1982), The best two-for-one mockbuster you could ever see

HORROR - SLASHERS: Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (1992/2012), Yeah it's a glorified clip show but I still liked it as a guilty pleasure and as a "What Could Have Been?" sort of deal

HORROR - ZOMBIES: Hell of the Living Dead (1980), Bruno Mattei's magnum opus in my humble opinion

HORROR - VAMPIRES: Embrace The Darkness II (2002), This movie is the answer to the question "What if the guys who made Vampire: The Masquerade did a sleazy erotic thriller?"

HORROR - EXTREME: The Necro Files (1998), Words cannot do justice for this bizarre work of shot-on-video VHS sleaze

HORROR - DEMONS: Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966), Another basic pick but it earned its reputation

ADULT - SOFTCORE COMEDY: Ghost in a Teeny Bikini (2006), IMHO this is Fred Olen Ray's best movie in his post-2000 output and is both hilarious, campy, and full of nudity

ADULT - SOFTCORE THRILLER: Poison Ivy 3: The New Seduction (1997), It's a glorified remake of the first film on an even smaller budget, but with actual nudity. Twice the sleaze with none of the class.

ADULT - HARDCORE: The Geek (1971), Sleazy Bigfoot film with one of the lamest yet unintentionally funny endings in history

ADULT - ROUGHIE/EXTREME: The Taming of Rebecca (1982), This movie fails miserably at being arousing unless you're The Corridor Killer but it works as a messed up psychotic horror flick with a few moments of unintentional comedy whenever George Payne hams it up or whenever blatantly unlicensed music is playing during unfitting moments.

I love how wacky that is  BounceGiggle

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
redrosekilly
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 07:32:46 AM »

What is a "perfect" bad movie? To me, it's a movie that fails in every way possible but is still strangely watchable. It's the kind of movie that you can't help but marvel at, even as you're cringing in disbelief. Perfect bad movies are few and far between, but when they come along, they're an unforgettable experience.

One perfect bad movie that comes to mind is The Room, which is often hailed as the worst movie ever made. The acting is atrocious, the writing is painfully on-the-nose, and the plot makes absolutely no sense. And yet, for all its flaws, The Room is strangely captivating. It's the kind of movie that you can't help but watch again and again, trying to wrap your brain around its inherent strangeness.

Another perfect bad movie is Plan 9 from Outer Space, which is widely considered to be one of the worst films of all time. Plan 9 is a mess from start to finish, with shoddy effects, wooden acting, and a plot that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But like The Room, there's something about Plan 9 that keeps you coming back for more. Maybe it's the film's charming innocence or its campy sense of fun. Whatever the reason, Plan 9 from Outer Space is a perfect bad movie - and one that I highly recommend checking out.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 02:12:02 PM »

What is a "perfect" bad movie? To me, it's a movie that fails in every way possible but is still strangely watchable. It's the kind of movie that you can't help but marvel at, even as you're cringing in disbelief. Perfect bad movies are few and far between, but when they come along, they're an unforgettable experience.

I had that with Godfrey Ho's Robo Vampire

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »

Exactly.  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  your "perfect"bad movies... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.