Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  hardest tv show to watch. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: hardest tv show to watch.  (Read 5546 times)
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« on: November 10, 2022, 10:17:57 PM »

I love the first 2 seasons of Westworld, but I have to admit it was hard to follow given the series jumped around in time (not time travel)  over a 30 year period,  with no little 'dates' at the bottom of the scene jumps.

This made it hard to watch, or really follow I should say. Sometimes you didn't know one character was also another after 30 years, or that a character didn't age in 30 years because they were hosts.

The show was good and the time jumping lead to some OMG moments abd when you got that character A was also character B 30 years later it made some things understandable.

But until then it could get confusing.

Have you ever liked a show that was hard to follow?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 05:10:32 PM »

I spent a few weeks watching SUNSET BEACH when I was at uni... every scene seemed to be some emotionally charged showdown / standoff between 2 or 3 characters who I'd never seen before and then never saw again

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 06:44:30 PM »

A show being to hard to follow is one of the things that will get me to stop watching.  I tried to follow some of those Lost clones that came out.  Aside from Surface, I gave up on a lot of them.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 12:18:19 AM »

Well with 1st season westworld you didn't know it was time jumping until two characters were revealed as the same one 30 years apart.  Then it's like ''OH WOW!  THAT'S A MIND XXXX! ''

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 09:32:45 AM »

I used to know a perverted Russian who learned English by watching Sesame Street, so I been trying to pick up Portuguese by tuning in to a Brazilian soap opera. Can't follow what's going on at all. Drug runners trying to scam a former model? Is the model scamming them? Why'd the priest jump out the window? What's with the white dog on the beach? I'm not even sure if it's the show's title in the opening sequence or a message about Tide. Really confused. New appreciation for babies learning to talk though.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 08:03:10 PM »

I had the same problem with Westworld, and similar with Halo and even parts of Andor. They have writing problems, e.g., in light of employing prologues or providing some sort of context before bringing in new characters, transition between scenes, etc.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »

I used to know a perverted Russian who learned English by watching Sesame Street, so I been trying to pick up Portuguese by tuning in to a Brazilian soap opera. Can't follow what's going on at all. Drug runners trying to scam a former model? Is the model scamming them? Why'd the priest jump out the window? What's with the white dog on the beach? I'm not even sure if it's the show's title in the opening sequence or a message about Tide. Really confused. New appreciation for babies learning to talk though.

Wait until the teenager girls get into convents and become nuns, the guy who died shows up again but it turns out it's his evil twin, and the character in the wheelchair miraculously starts walking again. The latter can be replaced with a blind person recovering his sight.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »

For me, it's House and The Sopranos: both great TV series but filled (The Sopranos especially) with very unlikable characters. Dr House is an especially vile character and I remember laughing when an ex patient shot him.  TeddyR

Also, reboots of classic TV shows like MacGyver and Magnum PI: they just didn't work. The reboot of Hawaii Five O did but these didn't.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 05:49:19 PM »

I get contact stress from Fear They Neighbor
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 05:24:31 PM »

one of the tough ones for me at first viewing was " american gothic". i own it, and still struggle with some of it, but i enjoy it a great deal now.

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 11:53:23 AM »

I have never sat through more than a few minutes of Friends. I don't think it was just my reaction to its popularity and it becoming a cultural landmark, I truly found the series off-putting, even in tiny doses.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 12:19:48 PM »

Duck Dynasty- Bunch of interbred yoyo's.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 12:58:15 PM »

Fear Itself

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 01:07:21 PM »

That Kardashian show. It was on a couple of times when I was in the gym. Only saw about 10 minutes of it in total, but that was more than enough.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 08:23:46 AM »

I remember watching GAME OF THRONES when it was new and an absolute impact on mankind. The first few episodes were ok, although I was getting tired of the sex and violence, I wanted to watch a fantasy show, since it was marketed as that. In fact, the cover of the book dares to say that it's the best fantasy tale ever told.

By the second season I think, after some guy gets tortured in graphic detail for like half an hour, gets castrated, and then another guy tries to sodomize him, I asked myself: why I'm watching this garbage?

I read the books and they're worst. Boring and badly written, the author repeats the same words over and over, and everything it's pretty much filler bulls**t. You could read the first and last page of every chapter and you will understand the same. The rest is just sex and sadism.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  hardest tv show to watch. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.