Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:24:51 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Future Reviews from "Scott" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future Reviews from "Scott"  (Read 5295 times)
Scott
« on: April 04, 2001, 09:16:17 PM »

For future reviews I have taped the following and will be viewing them later this week:

Frankenstein Conquers the World
X-The Man with X-Ray Eyes  
Mystery Theater 3000 - Diabolic (italian),
Terror Island (taping tonight)  

Thats right my fantastic movie reviews. Thanks for your support.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2001, 06:05:08 AM »

Weird timing: the original Italian comic on which the hideous movie is based (starring John Phillip Law, AKA Kalgan from "Space Mutiny") was just getting started in a translated version in the US. Foolishly, the people behind the translation were also planning a Saturday morning "Diabolik" cartoon! (Although he's not the murdering lunatic portrayed in the movie, the comic version is still violent and oversexed, way too much for any US daytime TV airing outside of cable. The only way this could've flown as Saturday morning toon-terial would be if it was completely gutted, worse than "Star Blazers.") The US comics even had idiotic safety messages--Diabolik telling kids to drive safely, for example, as he himself mowed through a line of cops...9_9

I can't help but wonder if the final episode of MST3K helped drive the final nail in the US version's coffin...
Andrew K
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2001, 11:14:22 AM »

Diabolik is a fun movie, really.  You have to wonder if the people at Best Brains are grossly misnamed, because it's an obvious spoof, and except for some poor matte shots, is very well done and stylish.  I'm also real miffed that they mocked Squirm, a genuinely creepy and effective film. Couldn't they have instead made fun of one those Dolph Lundgren bombs which the Sci-Fi Channel insists on playing every month?
Josh Leman
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2001, 11:18:22 AM »

Ugghh!!  Squirm is an AWFUL movie!  I mean sure, it's sorta cool towards the end when the characters are actually in danger and there are actually a lot of killer worms around, but it goes on forever with so many pointless dialogue scenes to get to that point that it isn't worth it.  

Ugghhh,,,,
FLANGEPART
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2001, 11:25:19 AM »

It might have been cool when i was younger, but the MST treatment worked for me.  It has a sense of style, but all Italian Comic book. So, since you can't take it seriously anyhoo......I'm with Crow T. Robot on that part where Diabolik and his main squeeze make the sign of the double humped aardvark on the bed full of cash. That cash better be laundered! .......Lira that smells like tuna...dead giveaway.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2001, 11:26:52 AM »

Won't be waiting for this one with baited breath.......okey...sorry.
Andrew K
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2001, 03:15:45 PM »

If you've only seen it on MST3K, you haven't seen it all. I've seen it without the benefit of those lame, third-rate stand-up comics making cracks at it, and I found it to be very suspensful and well-done. And I also stand by Diabolik; making fun of it was pointless, when it was already a send up. If the people at Best Brains actually had brains, they would have tackled Night of the Lepus and Rat Pfink a Boo-Boo instead.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2001, 10:53:39 AM »

I am glad someone besides myself saw "Terror Island" and am looking forward to the review. And you're welcome.
Scott
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2001, 06:10:27 PM »

Your not going to believe this, but I forgot to tape "Terror Island". This is quite the set back, i really wanted to see that one. If I miss "The Return of Count Yorga" I'll really be upset. The other movies I was able to tape.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Future Reviews from "Scott" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.