Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:10 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Sandman. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Sandman.  (Read 6824 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 10:12:01 AM »

I watched a couple more episode and there are indeed a disproportionate number of gay characters. Doesn't really bother me, though.

On the other hand, I watched through episode 5 and it hasn't really grabbed me. Never read the comics. I generally like Gaiman's other stuff, but this feels sort of generic much of the time. "Sandman" doesn't hold a candle to "Good Omens" so far.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 01:45:00 PM »

Oddly enough I watched this. Even more strangely liked it. Good thing I never read the graphic first or i'd have quit when I saw the huge number of blackface cases. Read the graphic later,  was really P. O.ed at how many characters were blackfaced. Yes, it's like 'whitewashing' characters.

Found it quite enjoyable and entertaining, and one moment it in triggered an incredible mental and physical reaction in me like almost nothing I'd ever experienced before. I had a moment of emotional joy that was utterly foreign to me, along with a physical sensation that was like my heart was literally bursting with what I think was joy.

It was an incredibly strange event. I've never had any reaction to a tv show quite like it. I was shocked at it and the strength of it.

But all in all I liked the show, ecxept I want to kick whoever turned Lucifer into a 50 something blonde British housewife in his jewels.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 02:47:57 PM »

That would be a guy called Neil Gaiman. He does seem quite happy to engage with people who aren't happy with the casting decisions though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 03:30:29 PM »

Oddly enough I watched this. Even more strangely liked it. Good thing I never read the graphic first or i'd have quit when I saw the huge number of blackface cases. Read the graphic later,  was really P. O.ed at how many characters were blackfaced. Yes, it's like 'whitewashing' characters.

Found it quite enjoyable and entertaining, and one moment it in triggered an incredible mental and physical reaction in me like almost nothing I'd ever experienced before. I had a moment of emotional joy that was utterly foreign to me, along with a physical sensation that was like my heart was literally bursting with what I think was joy.

It was an incredibly strange event. I've never had any reaction to a tv show quite like it. I was shocked at it and the strength of it.

But all in all I liked the show, ecxept I want to kick whoever turned Lucifer into a 50 something blonde British housewife in his jewels.

What an all-around great post!  Thumbup Thumbup

PS: So many of us who wanted to have Gaiman's babies loved Gaiman in the '90s have concluded he has been brainwashed by Amanda Palmer and can only hope for a successful deprogramming one day.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 08:48:20 AM »

OK, I finished it, and the verdict is: mixed but good. I liked the second half better than the first half.

Enjoyed the opening premise but wished they had explored what happened in a world where no one dreamed for 100 years more. That said, the events of the first half did set up a lot of plot points in the second half.

Wasn't crazy about the first "gotta collect the three quest items" plotline, though the climax with David Thewlis in the diner was good.

Generally enjoyed the Corinthian arc.

My favorites were the standalone episodes, though: the immortal man, and the finale with the dream of the cat (amazing!) and the muse.

Had no problem with the casting. All in all it started a bit slow but won me over, and I would be down for season 2.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 09:34:44 AM »

There were three  series I was really looking forward to this fall:  SANDMAN, HOUSE OF THE DRAGON, and RINGS OF POWER.
My rating for the three:

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON - A+
THE SANDMAN  - A-
RINGS OF POWER - C

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 09:51:31 AM »

OK, I finished it, and the verdict is: mixed but good. I liked the second half better than the first half.

Enjoyed the opening premise but wished they had explored what happened in a world where no one dreamed for 100 years more. That said, the events of the first half did set up a lot of plot points in the second half.

Wasn't crazy about the first "gotta collect the three quest items" plotline, though the climax with David Thewlis in the diner was good.

Generally enjoyed the Corinthian arc.

My favorites were the standalone episodes, though: the immortal man, and the finale with the dream of the cat (amazing!) and the muse.

Had no problem with the casting. All in all it started a bit slow but won me over, and I would be down for season 2.

The serial killer convention had me ROTFLMAO.  BounceGiggle

Seriously I have attendeded a xxxxton of SF conventions and tbh it really captured the spirit of them, just with the murder part added.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2022, 11:56:24 PM »

Finally watched it; finished it. Good visuals, poor casting choices, enjoyable moments contrasting with unforgivable deviations from near-perfect source material. The charisma of the young actress who played Rose Walker let her steal every scene she was in, though like most of the cast, she was misplaced in the role. Elevating the Corinthian (extremely well acted, credit there) to a major character was a decision that actually worked. For the strengths it showed when it was in top form I'd grade the series a B-, but just barely, since it frustrated me as much as it entertained, and never did find the delightful tone of the graphic novels. Still, here's to season two: glad it's coming.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Sandman. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.