Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:37:03 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you have children? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Do you have children?  (Read 2924 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2023, 11:08:25 PM »

Winston Churchill said the ideal number of children to have was four, since that would be one to replace the father, one to replace the mother, one for population growth, and a spare in case of tragedy.

Of course Mr. and Mrs. Duggar say the idea number of children is roughly equal to an hour's output for a queen bee.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2023, 10:07:43 AM »

Mr. and Mrs. Duggar say the idea number of children is roughly equal to an hour's output for a queen bee.

Mama Duggar must be the most fertile woman ever to walk the earth. She can get pregnant just by standing downwind from her husband. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 06:25:18 PM »

Nope.  Not going to either.  Even if I do find someone I got myself fixed back in December because I don't really want to bring children into this world.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2023, 07:03:50 PM »

The plethora of posters here who report having no children and wanting no children is not entirely atypical of what is being seen in the First World in this century, wherein citizens of many nations are not even demonstrating a birth rate sufficient to keep a steady population: they're losing people quickly and drastically.

People living in the Third World, and in particular those of the Islamic faith in and out of the developed world, are having so many more children than many developed western nations (and Japan too) that this outbreeding of the west is going to completely change the nature of life on this planet in this century. (Between Commonwealth immigration and a higher birth rate among first and second generation immigrants, it took only about sixty years for English people to become a minority in London, the capital of the English nation/UK and the English-speaking world.)

When people speak of the effects of overpopulation burdening humankind and the resources of the planet, these effects are much more drastically detrimental in and because of Third World populations than elsewhere. Deforestation, inadequate sewage disposal, accumulations of trash materials, draining of natural resources without management, all these and more are ecological disasters rising from the growth of massive populations in undeveloped and underdeveloped regions.

There's also the fact that the cultures seeing the most population growth are not those which have traditions that western nations enshrine, like women's rights, the rights of homosexuals, religious freedom, tolerance, democracy, respect for diversity. We like to think progress is a constant in life and the gains in human rights we've made in the west are now permanent, but the signs point to a  tipping point wherein the Third World will soon so greatly outnumber the developed world that consequences may arise which leave the gains in human rights that grew out of the Age of Enlightenment consigned to the past. A past likely to be erased from the record, if the actions of the totalitarian movements of recent history are any indication.

Just as I spent years saying we were overdue for a pandemic, I have also long believed the odds are a dark age is coming, and many of its roots will lie in the fact the west has simply let itself become numerically inferior, while at the same time admitting into itself peoples whose cultural traditions are not those of egalitarianism, and yet who may one day simply vote those rights out of existence. Or maybe voting will itself go away, since rarely have Islam and democracy been bedfellows. (Or democracy and any of the many forms of dictatorship and totalitarianism that seem the default setting of the "might makes right" human race across the world and across time.)

I think our culture is dying, and it's looking more and more like suicide.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2023, 06:33:14 AM »

I do agree that our civilisation is headed for a dark ages-style collapse sooner or later. I am not convinced that the third world will benefit from it though, but it was an interesting argument to read.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you have children? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.