Main Menu

Your 25 Top Movies of Any Era

Started by RCMerchant, July 29, 2023, 06:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

^ Oops!
That's how difficult this is for me. SHUTTER Island is just an ok movie with me. I just am having a hard time thinking of any recent movies that I liked.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

zombie no.one

don't worry I know how you feel, I have completely hit a brick wall with my 2000-2009 list so I'm just going to post what I have:

A MIGHTY WIND
- Chris Guest's best mockumentary. better than Spinal Tap imo

BURN AFTER READING
- Coen bros 2nd best film after Fargo... love everything about it. do not understand the negative reception it got

HOT FUZZ + SHAUN OF THE DEAD
basically the earlier tv series 'Spaced' in movie format. both films are so intricate and crammed with signs, foreshadowing, subtle jokes (visual and script). masterpieces both

MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D
that rarest of beasts: An 80s horror remake that is better than the original. an enhanced and overall better plot, which leads to a better twist. (I've never even watched it in 3D nor do I want to)

BRÜNO
it's weird, I loved the Borat and Ali G segments on Sascha Baron Coen's tv show, but found the Borat film a letdown and the Ali G film was horrendous. The only character I never found funny was Brüno, and yet somehow the Brüno movie is amazing.

THE ROOM
don't need to elaborate

MULLHOLLAND DRIVE
A genuinely great film that actually gets the acclaim it deserves. spellbindingly weird and sketchy

JASON X
The best 'no more ideas therefore outer space' sequel.

OUT OF REACH
The most entertaining of Steven Seagal's post 2000 films I've seen. preposterous yet somehow charming.

TRICK R TREAT
loved this so much on first viewing, a really nice twist on the halloween theme... replay value not so high though.

any more additions just to make up 25 would be stuff I don't even like that much, so no point
please do not mock my potato.