Main Menu

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Started by ER, August 08, 2023, 03:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Just saw it. What think you 'pon this film?
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

M.10rda

Neither Anderson's best nor his worst = better still than most mainstream/arthouse releases. Well worth a single viewing. I retain a bit of it from 5+ years ago and don't know if/when I'll be motivated to return to it.

Rev. Powell

I remember liking it at the time---but a few years later, I find I can't remember any elements of the plot.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

I just looked at his credits on IMDB.
I've never seen any of his films. Heard of a couple- never had the desire to see them.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 09, 2023, 02:16:34 AM
I just looked at his credits on IMDB.
I've never seen any of his films. Heard of a couple- never had the desire to see them.

I like them all, love none of them. GRAND BUDAPEST is a weird one with me not being able to remember the plot, I remember the plots of all the others. You might like his latest one, ASTEROID CITY, best: it's got a memorable alien (it's a comedy, though).
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Gabriel Knight

Seen it once, a long time ago. Absolutely dreadful. Nothing makes any sense, everything moves at top speed, you're introduced to characters all the time and they disappear for no reason afterward. There's basically not a real plot, honestly I felt it was more to showcase the "talents" of the director and nothing else. Also, I recall being way too long.

Granted, I seen it many years ago, so a second viewing may change my perspective. But I prefer to rewatch BIRDEMIC, at least that will give me guaranteed laughs.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2