Main Menu

Theatre / cinema double bills you saw?

Started by Trevor, October 10, 2023, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.10rda

Those are some great double-bills, Burgomaster. My local drive-in tries to match up films that make sense together, but, y'know, they're at the mercy of the booker. I saw (and reviewed on other threads) THANKSGIVING and IT'S A WONDERFUL KNIFE weekend before last... at least that's a theme right there. Back in the summer of '99 (and possibly thereafter) they'd do all-night dusk-'till-dawn marathons. I only went in for that once and in retrospect I wonder what the heck I thought I had to do that was more important.  :bouncegiggle: :lookingup:
The only one I attended was
#1: I forget, obviously nothing memorable.
#2: STIGMATA w/ Patricia Arquette and Gabriel Byrne - terrible horror movie
#3: THE HAUNTING - one of the worst horror movies of the 90s
#4: AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME - which I prefer to both the first one and (naturally) the terrible third one
#5: SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER, AND UNCUT - I guess they programmed this for 3 or 4 AM on account of its content. The drive-in is on a major street where 3/5ths of the screens are visible to passing traffic and you can pick up the audio on low-band FM as you drive by. Hopefully by the wee hours no children or old grannies were passing by and spinning the dial to hear discussions of uncle-f**king and having anal sex w/ Satan. Anyway, I consider this one of the BEST films of '99 and it was entirely worth the wait and the (likely) sub-ten dollar admission.  :hot: