Main Menu

TVSHOW REMAKES you like and don't.

Started by RCMerchant, March 21, 2024, 03:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

^ I had to stop my post mid-word up there because I was in a parking lot when an apparent road rage fistfight erupted.  :bouncegiggle:
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Sitting Duck

Quote from: RCMerchant on March 25, 2024, 10:59:22 AM
Never really liked any Dr. Who. Always seemed to childish.

Well it is technically a kids show.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

zombie no.one

I was scared of DR WHO as a kid and would literally hide behind the sofa when the theme tune came on. but then those older episodes (when guys like Sylvester McCoy and Peter Davis were the doctor) had a weird, stark, almost pervy vibe to them which was quite disconcerting.

I watched the recent xmas special (the first episode I've seen since I was a kid) and it looked like it was made by people whose only frame of reference was EASTENDERS and THE X FACTOR.
please do not mock my potato.

HappyGilmore

I don't think I've watched direct remakes, as in Magnum PI or Hawaii 5-0.

I did follow Power Rangers. I mean, each season is an adaptation of the Japanese Super Sentai stuff, using action footage but doing original plots directly written for the U.S. Market.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

chainsaw midget

They've relaunched Twilight Zone multiple times.  While no one has been able to match the presence of Rod, some of the later shows weren't bad. 

Gabriel Knight

Quote from: chainsaw midget on April 16, 2024, 11:41:26 PM
They've relaunched Twilight Zone multiple times.  While no one has been able to match the presence of Rod, some of the later shows weren't bad. 

I agree. The one from 1985 I think it's pretty lame, especially because the inconsistency between each episode's duration. But the 2000 was kinda cool, I'm not sure why it didn't lasted more than one season.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2