Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:39:52 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Road Warrior DVD different cut than old VHS? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Road Warrior DVD different cut than old VHS?  (Read 1909 times)
Akira Tubo
« on: June 19, 2002, 09:56:51 AM »

I swear on the old VHS version, that there was at least one minor scene not on the DVD.  The scene was during the chase, a biker opened a valve on the tanker, causing dirt to spill out.  I even remember it from TV.  That scene isn't on the DVD.

Anybody know for sure or is just my imagination?
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 11:07:31 AM »

I remember it. Thats why the bikers found out they'd been had.
jmc
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 12:23:20 PM »

The way I remember it, that happened after the end of the chase, when the tanker fell over.
Gerry
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 04:58:05 PM »

There is one scene during the chase that has dirt spilling out of a valve before the wreck.  The scene is pretty brief however, so I think it was a goof rather than a plot point.  I have the old VHS and there is no scene with a biker opening a valve.  I seem to remember there being an SE VHS.  Could that be what you're thinking of?

I keep hoping for a solid SE treatment on DVD.  I love the MGM MAD MAX SE DVD--that one is sweet!
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 06:36:35 PM »

I don't remember that scene.  You're not talking about 90 min, 25 secs, when Max sees the dirt pouring from his ruined vehicle, are you?

Andrew
Akira Tubo
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 07:48:48 PM »

It was probably just my imagination, like a lot of assorted moments from movies I remember but aren't there when I watch 'em.  It was a loooooong time between buying the DVD and the last time I'd seen The Road Warrior.
john
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2002, 06:55:24 PM »

>It was probably just my imagination, like a lot of assorted moments from movies I
>remember but aren't there when I watch 'em.

I remember a scene in Return of the Jedi, where the little creature by Jabba's tail, bites it and gets flung across the room. It's not in any version of the movie I've seen since. There's a scene with it watching the tail like a cat watches anything moving back and forth, but it never shows it bite the tail.

Anyone else remember seeing this?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Road Warrior DVD different cut than old VHS? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.