Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:21:26 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HELP/DOES ANYONY KNOW THE NAME OF THIS B-HORROR FLICK? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HELP/DOES ANYONY KNOW THE NAME OF THIS B-HORROR FLICK?  (Read 1103 times)
SCOTT
« on: July 01, 2002, 02:59:25 AM »

BASICALLY THERE WAS A MAGICIAN WHO DID A TRICK OF CUTTING A MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE IN HALF AND OR STICKING HIS HAND THROUGH THEIR BODY. THE AUDIENCE WOULD BE PUT UNDER HYPNOSIS SO THEY DIDN’T SEE WHAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. SO WHILE WATCHING HIS PERFORMANCE YOU WOULD SEE 2 VIEWS OF THE TRICK. ONE WOULD BE WHAT WAS REALLY HAPPENING WHICH WOULD BE HE WAS ACTUALLY CUTTING THEM IN HALF AND IT WAS IN VERY GRAPHIC DETAIL. THEN THE SHOT OF WHAT THE AUDIENCE WAS SEEING WHICH LOOKED LIKE A SIMPLE TRICK. NO BLOOD OR GUTS.
THIS WAS PROBABLY RELEASED IN THE 80'S

THANKS,

SCOTT
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 04:30:43 AM »

COULD IT BE...(ahem) Could it be "The Wizard of Gore?"  Never saw the flick myself, but it sounds like it could be it.
yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 07:40:49 AM »

Cullen, you're right, it's THE WIZARD OF GORE, from 1970 and directed by Hershall Gordon Lewis. I've seen it, you're not missing much. It's worth seeing once or if you're a Lewis completist, but mostly it's a ho-hum kind of movie. Unless you're terrified of, or really enjoy seeing, mannequins covered in fake blood. Then again, where else will you see a death by punch press.

I'll put it this way, some of Alice Cooper's old videos are scarier, and better made. But considering the way Lewis made his movies, Alice probably had a bigger budget.

Although the ending is a major WTF moment.
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 03:31:42 PM »

Wizard of Gore is really funny in it's very cheap way. The tricks Montag does are the most entertaining part of the movie. The people walk out fine and then wham they appear dead. I like the idea a little bit and I do have it on dvd. The ending will leave you kind of confused too.
TammyL
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 09:05:19 PM »

This movie is a must see unfortunately. It is not for the faint of heart at first glance in some scenes. Montag the Magician had it made when it came to hypnotiziong the audience. I do not even think he could have pulled it off himself. I still cannot help but wonder how the girl in the first death scene walked out of the theater and down to the restaurant without spilling her guts everywhere. Hypnotism is one thing, but I know that I did not see duct tape or super glue anywhere....it still makes me wonder. Of course if you see this one you wil have to check out Blood Feast, or vice versa. It has the same corny effects and gore.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HELP/DOES ANYONY KNOW THE NAME OF THIS B-HORROR FLICK? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.