Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:34:48 PM
714240 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lowest budget movie ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lowest budget movie ever?  (Read 1778 times)
Private Joker
« on: June 08, 2002, 09:01:22 PM »

I'd say the lowest budget movie I can think of would be Eraserhead.  It was made for $10,000 dollars.  

Any cheaper flicks?
Brian Ringler
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 10:04:11 PM »

Depends on what level you are looking at, My friends and I have made movies for a lot cheaper than $10,000
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 11:02:52 PM »

Brian's right.  Depends what you're looking for.

EL MARIACHI, Robert Rodriguez first full length feature was filmed for $7,000.  (Of course, distribution must have cost much more than that.)  It's the most competent cheap movie I can think of.

Then there's Kansas City's Todd Sheets.  Somehow a copy of his movie MOONCHILD ended up at the library I work at (Phoenix Public).  I can't believe that it cost more than $10,000 to make.  It's not as good as EL MARIACHI, but I thought it was entertaining.

And let's not get into my CITIZEN KANE tribute involving a pile of puke. . .
Lee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 11:41:55 PM »

I'm convinced that the entire budget for The Blair Witch Project was $100. They didn't even have a trpod for crying out loud!!!!!
StatCat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2002, 10:41:35 AM »

Meat Market 1 & 2 cost about $2,000 each to make but they are shot on video movies. Lowest I can think of.
Pete B6K
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2002, 11:09:15 AM »

Redneck Zombies couoldnt have cost more than $100 to make, im sure. Crappy film too.
Will
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2002, 01:21:26 PM »

Blair Witch cost about $100,000.....gotta remember, a lot of that was shot on film stock, which is really expensive. Redneck Zombies cost about $50,000, most of that going to effects.

I made a shot-on-video feature-length movie called Quaker College Massacre when I was in college......since I got to use the cameras and editing equipment for free the whole thing ended up only costing about $200 spent over the course of 3 1/2 years of on again off again shooting and editing.
Chris K.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2002, 10:42:18 PM »

Larry Buchanan's film THE NAKED WITCH budgeted for $8,000 on 16mm. I gotta tell you, it's better than his AIP-TV remakes which were all funded $10,000 each.

Oh, and Andy Milligan's first feature LIZ (a.k.a. THE PROMISCUOUS SEX) cost $7,500 on 16mm. For a lost feature, I heard some film critics gave the film a rave.
Nathan
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2002, 10:17:31 AM »

Dirty Cop, No Donut reportedly cost a total of $200.  Shot-on-video, the director edited it by pressing "play" and "pause" on a VHS deck.

Nathan
john
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2002, 12:02:40 PM »

What about a piece of crap movie called Boarding House? Really, really bad! A demonstration of telekinesis consisted of the guy staring at a vase on a small table until someone off camera starts shaking it, making the vase fall over.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2002, 07:37:02 AM »

Easy, some people in my school's attempt at a slasher film!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lowest budget movie ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.