Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:10:17 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the best B movie you have ever seen? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the best B movie you have ever seen?  (Read 2710 times)
XxSilverHxX
« on: June 22, 2002, 01:47:15 AM »

What is the best B movie you have ever seen?
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 06:17:15 AM »

Off the top of my head, MEGIDDO: OMEGA CODE 2 is the most ludicrously entertaining b-movie I've seen in recent memory. Worth it alone just for Michael York's over the top performance that rivals John Agar in Brain From Planet Arous and tops Jeremy Irons D&D overacting.
J.R.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 06:41:25 AM »

Those Christian-produced movies are absolutely hilarious. They've got horrid scripts, cheesy acting and budgets of around, oh, $100,000. You'd think God could get better production values. I saw one once that depicted the Apocalypse and starred Mr. T! "I pity the fool that raises from a lake of fire with the body of a bear, the teeth of a lion and seven heads! You goin' down, Antichrist sucka!" Another goodie is Left Behind: The Movie, starring Kirk "I need work" Cameron.
Foywonder
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 09:11:37 AM »

Yeah well this one had about a $12 million budget, features very little sermonizing, and there's no Mr. T or Kirk Cameron in sight. Instead you got R. Lee Ermey and Michael Biehn battling satanic Michael York who even transforms into a CGI Satan at the end of the movie. A total hoot of a movie.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 11:12:36 PM »

Shaw Bros. 1970's Hong Kong.  It's like Buffy the vampire Slayer meets C.H.I.P.S or something.  Just that CHIPS vibe, it's not a cop movie.  It stars alot of Kung Fu guys but there's no kung fu in it.  It's just got that old late night TV vibe in spades
Akira Tubo
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2002, 11:04:59 AM »

Warriors of the Wasteland, probably.

It's a post-apoc flick about a guy and his fight against the homicidal, homosexual, bikers plaguing what's left of humanity.

And it's great!  You really just have to see it to believe it.  I rate it as the equal of "The Road Warrior" as far as post-apoc-driving-around movies go.
Scott Muir
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 10:36:21 AM »

For me, it has to be War of the Robots.  It's an Itallian made sci fi film from the 70's.  Aparently the director had a grand vision for this movie after seeing Star Wars.  Unfortunately, he couldn't write a scipt  very well, nor pick decent actors very well, nor could he direct well...well heck.. I don't think he could do anything.  This movie is hilarious (and it's meant to be serious). It's funier than Plan 9 From outer Space.  Half the shots, the person speaking is off camera (especially when they should be on camera).  They play the most innapropriate music at the most inapropriate times (IE durring a daring escape from the villain's planet, the music turns into this new age synth music that is trying to sound like the spaceflight scenes from 2001:A Space odessey.)  The army of evil robots look like about 10 little Dutch boys all grown up wearing silver suits.  The good guys ship is called "The Trissy".  There is a villain who we never get to see who leads an attack on the good guy's ship who aparently goes by the name "General Gonad" (I'm not making this up !  The director made this to be a serious sci fi film!)  Oh and not to mention that the pilot of the good guy's ship is this funny looking guy in a silver skin tight space suit...wearing COWBOY BOOTS. The reall funny thing about him is that he's supposed to be from Texas...and the film was reccorded in Itallian and then dubbed over in English....BRITISH style English... So whenever he speaks... he has this hilarious Brittish/bad southern drawl !   Oh yeah.. and they tend to talk about their personal relationships in touching moments... like in the heat of interstellar battle (IE "They're coming in for a seccond attack"  "You know,  you shouldn't be trying so hard to get the capatain's attentions.. eventually, he'll notice you." "FIRE !!"  "... But I've tried.. all he seems to be interested in is ...HER..  the queen.." *BOOM!*)  
I serously reccomend this movie !! I'm surprised it's not on the review list.  I'm just going to have to write a review I guess.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2002, 07:14:39 AM »

Oh man, that is difficult. Any of the Godzilla film, they are a great laugh and I will never tire of seeing a man in a rubber costume kicking the crap out of model cities and toy tanks.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the best B movie you have ever seen? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.