Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:29:38 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Through rose-colored glasses. . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Through rose-colored glasses. . .  (Read 4665 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: April 07, 2001, 11:58:27 PM »

By which I'm talking about movies from the past that you used to love.  But I'm also talking about movies you saw as a kid and never saw again.  The kind of movie that, looking back, you realize is such awful tripe, and that you would only under pressure rent again.  The kind of movie that has only the hope of living on in a childhood non-memory phase.

So, this was back when HBO was first starting.  I remember catching a movie every once in a while that I thought was great.  I'd watch it every time it came on.  It had barbarians and nothing else that I can remember.  That movie was, of course, YOR: HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE.

Admittedly, I was very young, and the only thing I remember about the movie was the fact that I liked it so very much.  This is pretty much the earliest movie I can remember, and searching my memory for it is akin to archaeoligists unearthing and making conjectures as to the habits of early man.  I've seen the movie at your more discerning rental stores, but I've never had the courage to refute my childhood convictions so finally.

So what do you have lurking in the dark recesses of your memory.  I think if you search you will be surprised at how far back your appreciation of truly awful movies goes.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2001, 07:56:25 AM »

Mofo is running out of movies to view........................... I remember the days when HBO first started (mid 70's for me) and we never got to see all those movies, but the neihbor had the channel. We still had a black and white TV in those days and ony 12 channels. My neighbor would tell me about the movie he seen the night before and I could olny imagine. I remember one that he told me about and it was BEYOND THE DOOR, which probably isn't that great a movie, as I have yet to see this film, and I haven't heard anything great about it since. But, the days when HBO first started were remember, it wasn't till 1980 that I got to see free HBO and can remember seeing the movie "10" starring Dudley Moore and Bo Derek.

What year did HBO begin anyway?
Josh Leman
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2001, 11:35:34 AM »

I must have seen Squirm a hundred times when I was a little kid.  I had taped an edited TV version which omitted such grisly details as the worms entering the man's face in the boat scene, and every now and then I would rent the "real" version just to be grossed out by the edited parts.

Fast forward to sometime last year, when I found it at Hollywood Video and rented it, only to find that it's one of the most awful, poorly made, and simply boring movies ever made.  

I also liked Ghost Dad when it came out.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2001, 11:49:54 AM »

Ghost Dad, eee gads. Thats bad filmmaking. :)
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2001, 09:18:26 PM »

Mofo Rising is fortunate to see Yor: Hunter from the Future on HBO. I had the misfortune to see it in a movie theater, which means I wasted whatever amount of money I spent on a movie ticket. As for "Ghost Dad," I am glad someone liked it. As much as I like Bill Cosby, as soon as I saw the trailer for that movie, I knew it was something I never would be seeing.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2001, 11:59:39 PM »

I don't think I had any sense of a "bad" movie
until I was about 10... before that, I was
exposed to such greats as Flash Gordon (1980),
Weekend At Bernie's, Dragnet, Suburban Commando
(w/Hulk Hogan), Lightyears (which actually
isn't all that bad, just worse than I remember)
and countless others.  Ah, childhood...

First film I remember *hating*?  Home Alone.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2001, 03:27:58 PM »

Ah,childhood greats....okay,I remember being around 10 and loving Xtro,The Sword and the Sorcerer,The Howling and C.H.U.D.Upon watching them as an adult of course it's a whole different ball game(my brain was only half formed then,some would still argue that it hasn't changed),but I still love The Howling.Even now I'll still whack it on once a year and still thoroughly enjoy it.

I also loved Misfits of Science,with a  teenage Courtney Cox .Even though it's torture to sit through now.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Through rose-colored glasses. . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.