Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:22:18 PM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids...  (Read 51047 times)
Susan
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2002, 08:40:11 PM »

What a weird weekend. All this talk and I tune in teh sci-fi channel which is showing Return of the living dead 2. Then I actually..for the first time in probably 15 years watched "NIGHT GALLERY"! Oh yeah, I got it on MPLEX, tho i have to check schedule times..the episode had "john boy" from the waltons in it and a whole lot of sissy screaming..very bad..lol

I also had the advantage (or disadvantage?) of growing up overseas for part of my childhood. In the Philippines we  got lots of mainland shows like Buck rogers, love boat, dukes of hazzard, bj and the bear, dallas...even tho we were a half year behind in what was going on. We also got alot of anime..alot..plenty of Godzilla and various other japenese movies along these lines. And a whole lot of really bad..bad movies. Moving back to the states was an adjustment and I quickly got addicted to all that weekend late nite fright fests that you don't see anymore (now you just see random acts of b-movies) Another thing I remember is as a kid I saw alot of old movies and black and white tv. I was a stooge fan, saw all the our gangs and early early cartoons (when it was just music and cartoons rarely talked) so I think I was lucky. You can hardly find really old shows on frequently..particularly on the 'kid stations'.

wuggles451
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2002, 09:19:37 PM »

when the  x-files aired the episode about the fluke man i was probly 9 i was afraid to sit on the toilet for months i ALWAYS checked before i sat

jmc
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2002, 09:45:52 PM »

AMC plays a lot of the old shows you mention, especially the Our Gang comedies.
laitka
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2002, 03:19:33 AM »

Got to put my votes in for two classics: Gremlins and the Wizard of Oz (the flying monkeys and the scary music that came on whenever they came on screen)
When I was really, really little, (about 5) my dad sat down with me to watch my first ever horror movie... Gremlins!  I have to say, for little kids that is so scary.  I was convinced that my teddy bears were going to turn into monsters.  It didn't help that my dad decided that I was too scared to watch the remainder so he turned it off half way through.

The movie that scared me most though was a bit later - don't ask why - the Peanut Butter Solution.  It was about this kid who sees ghosts and gets so scared that his hair falls out then he finds this "solution" that grows his hair back but when it starts growing it doesn't stop and he ends up with this really long hair and then (I lose a bit here because it has been so long since I've seen it) but at some stage he gets abducted by an artist who has all of these missing children working making magical paintbrushes (that coincidentally make magic paintings) with the kid's hair.  Something about it really freaked me out.  My sister and I both had really bad nightmares.
John
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2002, 10:24:02 AM »

>Then I actually..for the first time in probably 15 years watched "NIGHT
>GALLERY"! Oh yeah, I got it on MPLEX

Was it an hour or do they show the chopped up half-hour episodes?

Night Gallery was originally an hour show with 2 or more stories in each episode, but the studio decided to cut it up for syndication. Some very short stories were dropped because they couldn't fill 30 minutes, while other got padded with unrelated footage. Others were chopped up to make them fit. Also, all the Gary Collins, Sixth Sense episodes weren't originally part of the show.
flangepart
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2002, 10:27:00 AM »

78 responses to this post....a new world record?
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2002, 10:34:36 AM »

when the thread is DOA i'm going to compile it down into a list and maybe repost that. it's fun to see what scared us as tykes. and STILL does. what wimps we were!
funny how we go from "the brady bunch" to watching movies like "dead alive."

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

slax
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2002, 04:30:56 PM »

WOW laitka I remember that movie now that you mentioned it!!
only thing I remember is the person putting that stuff on their head though

i'll throw in a couple

IT-almost everyone I know who is the same age or around my age always is quick to agree pennywise scared the crap out of them
"they all float"

I remember almost watching nightmare on elm street 2 and I couldnt even make it past the first dream sequence on the school bus I was so freaked out from the aniticipation they were building
trashfanatic
New Visitor

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2002, 01:44:56 PM »

mine's gotta be little shop of horrors, i was about 6 or 7 when i watched it and it scared the crap outta me.
Chadzilla
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2002, 01:49:18 PM »

There was this old Popeye cartoon where Pops and Olive Oyl wind up on a haunted ship and a hankerchief floats up behind Olive and see that always gave me the most serious case of the willies.
Susan
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2002, 03:47:52 PM »

Back in the caddyshack days when everybody was copying the prank in the movie with the babyruth candybar in the pool. Some were frightened by going into the water because of jaws. Others, were paralyzed with fear when seeing something brown floating in the public pool....

(particularly those who never saw the movie.lol)

Hamish
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2002, 03:56:28 AM »

f**king E.T scared the s**t out of me for years.  Freaky little alien with extending neck, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgh!!!!

keep seeing shadows moving in my room.

i dont know how anyone couuld 'love' a film like that, let alone a bloody alien looking like that
Chadzilla
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2002, 05:12:44 PM »

But it was those neon frizzed out troll dolls with the insane grin that scared me s**tless as a wee lad.  How anyone could sleep in a room containing something that looks so freaking crazy is beyond.  I always felt that the were gleefully waiting for the chance to get me alone, then they would come to life and...OH s**t!
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2002, 02:07:26 AM »

forgot this one earlier. surprised i forgot it...

THE FOX AND THE HOUND!

not scary? well it was to my little sister. sitting three seats from the aisle.

when the fox and hound are playing around a log and one of them pops down and looks into it upside down, scaring the other one...my sister launched her large cup of soda into the air, and it hit the floor dead center in the aisle.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

BlackAngel
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2002, 02:07:33 PM »

I also remember when I was little, I was supposidly (I say that now) afraid of all those slasher movies.  That is until I was around 8 or 9 when I saw my first Friday 13th movie (I think it was 5 or 6.  All know it was around 1983).  The first half of the movie, I was scared, especially when this guy was trapped in a shed or something, after being chased by Jason, and a metal rod was poking inside the shed until jason find his mark.  But the second half, I find myself cheering for Jason, but also the woman trying to kill him.  After that, I still don't watch slasher flicks, all because it's so abominably funny.

And Mr. H is saying his sister was scared of something as harmless as the Fox and the Hound.  My mother will not watch any movie, and I mean NOT WATCH ANY MOVIE that contains otherworldly beings (or any tv show for that matter).  Even when she took me to see Star Trek and Star Wars she couldn't stand the sight of them, even Alien Nation and the Star Trek Series.  I try telling her it's just special effects and masks and make up, but there's just no getting to her.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.