Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:21:16 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids...  (Read 51002 times)
John
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2002, 02:17:15 AM »

>I also remember when I was little, I was supposidly (I say that now) afraid of all
>those slasher movies. That is until I was around 8 or 9 when I saw my first Friday
>13th movie (I think it was 5 or 6. All know it was around 1983). The first half of the

That would be part 5, A New Beginning with Tommy Jarvis in the country halfway house.

>movie, I was scared, especially when this guy was trapped in a shed or
>something, after being chased by Jason, and a metal rod was poking inside the
>shed until jason find his mark.  

It was an outhouse.
Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2002, 02:30:32 AM »

Now I know that this will sound silly, but I remember being scared of going to stay at a hotel when my mom and dad would go on bowling tournaments during the winter because the smoke coming out of the stack reminded me of Gigglesnort Hotel and the dragon who was always shoveling coal.

Of course even sillier yet is the fact that every time I went to Burger Chef-yes before they became Hardees around here- i was scared my hamburger would turn into a little talking hamburger guy like the one on the show The Magic Door.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
John
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2002, 12:13:50 AM »

Ok, I just remembered another movie that gave me nightmares when I was little; The Cat Creature. I don't remember much other than that it had something to do with a mummy. I was always terrified of dead things coming back to live (mummies, zombies, skeletons) and the one glimpse I saw of the mummy was enough to give me nightmares for a week.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2002, 12:39:13 AM »

The Yip Yips gave me nightmares.   SCARY.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2002, 10:33:29 AM »

"Island of Terror" with Peter Cushing. Diden't get any sleep THAT night!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2002, 04:23:27 PM »

Same here Flange, same here.

The H-Man freaked me out too, just something about DISSOLVING and leaving your clothes behind really creeped me out, couldn't finish the dang thing either.

Fiend Without a Face and The First Man Into Space (the one were the dude becomes a crusty vampire) scared me pretty badly too.  And Attack of the Giant Leeches, the slurping sounds, oh GOD!  No wonder I'm terrified of slimey things.

Beware the Blob freaked me out and sent me running from my bedroom.

And some scary advertisements to...

The freaking glaring possessed people in the Beyond the Door ads gave me nightmares, as did the endless turning cradle commercials for It's Alive.  And The Food of the Gods, oh man, that giant rat gnoshing on the dead chick's arm in the tree.  That was so horrifying I flat out refused to see the movie.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Bart Algore
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2002, 08:44:37 PM »

Invaders From Mars did! Guy wrote about it at really scary.com

http://www.reallyscary.com/scaryvoices.asp
John
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2002, 04:28:54 PM »

Invisible Invaders freaked me out too. Aliens take over the bodies of dead people turning them into zombies, which played right into my fear of dead things.
NavySailorX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2002, 05:12:38 AM »

Poltergiest........... specifically that evil Clown. To this day I hate clowns with a passion.
raj
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2002, 09:41:57 AM »

I've gone between disliking and loathing clowns.  Never could stand them, even when I saw Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey circus.  Their make up creeped me out as a kid more than zombie makeup.  What's the deal with all the white-face, it isn't as though they're trying to be non-humans (like zombies, werewolves, etc.)

And while it's not  a silly movie, the ending of Carrie really freaked me out the first time I saw it.  It even unnerved me years later when I saw it on tv, and knew it was coming.
Lee
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2002, 11:08:09 PM »

My aunt would agree with that. Clowns freak her out!
zh666
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2002, 04:57:15 AM »

Rawhead Raw

i remember this movie scaring the s**t out of me as a child, then i rented it a few years ago, and it was totally lame
actually the first half wasn't so bad, but the ending was super terrible...
Masked_Maverick
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2007, 07:48:28 PM »

Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I loved clowns untill I saw this movie it scared the crap out of me. Little SHop of Horrors loved this movie but that giant freaking plant scared me as did Childs Play. I had a My Little Buddy Doll which I buried in the backyard after seeing this movie.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2007, 07:54:16 PM »

Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I loved clowns untill I saw this movie it scared the crap out of me. Little SHop of Horrors loved this movie but that giant freaking plant scared me as did Childs Play. I had a My Little Buddy Doll which I buried in the backyard after seeing this movie.
Have you checked to see if it's still there?    Buggedout

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2007, 07:57:01 PM »

The Crawling Hand from the mid Sixties..
My Dad played A horrorfying joke on My Brothers and I the night after watching
This flick.

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.