Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:04:58 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids...  (Read 50759 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »

The Shining - I was six

Can't blame you about that.

E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial- Or as I like to call it, E.T.: The Evil Terror.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space- Honestly, those guys are ----ing creepy.

Predator- Whenever this played on Tv, I would run from the room, assuming my parents didn't change the channel before I figured out what I was watching.

Alien- Just the titular creature's appearance freaked me out. A friend of mine had an Alien action figure, and of course, I was scared of it. This jerk would constantly terrorize me with it! We weren't friends for very long.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2007, 01:25:39 PM »

Things that used to terrify me as a kid:

The end of the Michael Jackson Thriller video (the part with the eyes)

Any old cartoons, one in particular would be a betty boop short with ghosts (oddly enough, it was all but the basis for one of my all time favorite movies, forbidden zone)

Child's play, and by extension, any "my buddy" doll

Mothra, who I still sometimes suspect of living in my closet

When I was god knows how old (6 or 7 would be a total guess), my family dragged me to some carnival that had a haunted house ride. I was too young to go on, but I remember a window on the outside. Part of the screen was down, and you could see a silhouette of a nude woman in a shower, with a knife sticking out of her back. When the screen cut off, you could see two foam rubber legs with blood running down them. It was really eerie and morbid. It scared the crap out of me, and for years afterward I refused to take a shower, baths only. Strange thing is, I later became a devoted fan of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, from which the scene was obviously derived. To this day, though, I still refuse to set foot in a haunted house of any kind.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:06 AM »

Large marge from "Pee wee's big adventure"used to freak me out back in the day.

Yeah, that is scary (especially right this moment, sitting here in the dark alone, silence....creepy..)

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2007, 02:25:59 AM »

I get scared of going in the water a lot, too. Because lots of times Iwill start thinking of Jaws or a giant squid or something. and the thing is, im not afraid of sharks really, i like them. And i'm scared of like, nessie or dinosaurs in the ocean or some unknown creature will come up from the deep and drag me down or something! eve nin swimming pools, i freak and get scared and get out as fast as i can, cause i look at the little grate on the bottom of the pool, and think octopuses will come out or something! Ive only seen a couple movies realted to that though, but i try to steer clear of those kind of movies, unless i want a real scare! But I shouldnt worry, cause Godzilla will come out of the sea and save me in case of emergency right!?

A friend told me to watch "Eraserhead", and i still have to, maybe with him since im too much of a wimp to watch it alone, and its more fun with someoneelse anyway, but i looked it up on the computer, just to see what it was a about, and i saw a picture of that scary-f*ck alienbaby thing, and i clciked right off the screen, and it scares the daylights out of me! (i am terrified of aliens!!ahh) and i turned the light on, and a couple minutes later i wandered around, and tryed to go into the bathroom (not really for any particular reason, but i decided i would close the door so it wasnt so scary), but i walked in slowly, then suddenly turned around and skidded on the floor almost falling over! that stupid image scared/scares me so much now! and i kept thinking that night, in bed, that it would be right next to me in the bed! especially because i had a big pile of clothes there, so it was like he was sitting right next to me looking at me! jeez, its going to be so scary!

E.T. defintely scares me, sometimes if i watch it,  i cant go into the bathroom for a couple days (cause that scene when he is white and sick and dying, in Elliots bathroom, freaky!)

And also, The Shining. Movies like this usually dont scare me, since msotly supernatural movies scare me like aliens and deformations and whatever, and the shining was pretty realistic. But that lady really got to me. when Jack goes into that roomm (forget the number) and starts kissing the naked lady in the bathroom, and she starts decaying and turns old. when he is backing up in horror, she comes torwards him laughing all scary and reaching for him. ho-ly sh*t,  one time after i watched that, i didnt go in my bathroom for a whole week! (and this was a few months ago too! god)

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2007, 12:45:07 PM »

a scene in Superman 3 (the scene where that lady gets pulled into the computer and comes out covered in metal parts)

The end of the Michael Jackson Thriller video (the part with the eyes)

Those two definitely scared me senseless too when I was younger.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2007, 08:34:38 PM »

Here's another one that I won't be pleased with my self to admit, but I figure I should get if off my chest.
Scobby Doo on Zombie Island.
Damn shriveled-up moaning green zombies and their damn soul-sucking cat monsters with their damn man-eating alligators.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Shuvcat
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »

Count Zappula- a local horror movie host who used to host movies back in the '70s, here in Michigan-- he was actually pretty comical but he dressed up in vampire makeup and used to braodcast from a haunted house, and he scared the s*** out of me. (Of course I was 4 at the time)
Arnold- the shower scene, when the two lovers are crushed to death, and all you see is the shower head being crushed between the walls... yikes.
Night of the Scarecrow- when the guy falls in the thresher. Bleah!!
Bowzer on Sha Na Na was terrifying to me. Partially because of those huge teeth, he looked like some kind of '50's greaser vampire
Alice Cooper on the Muppet Show
the Halloween ep of Punky Brewster where the kids fall into the mine, with the skeletal dog, and the evil monster with the long fingernails. Holy cow, that was scary.
The Bloodhound Gang ep with the cackling, floating ghost in the backyard.

Oddly enough, I wasn't afraid of the Wizard of Oz, or Gremlins at all. I thought those were the coolest ever.
DARKTIGER
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:57 PM »

The commercial for The Shinning that commercial gave me the creeps everytime it came on. Halloween 3 that movie made me not to put on a mask for a long time about 3 years.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.