Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:39 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Author Topic: SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids...  (Read 50758 times)
mr. henry
« on: June 26, 2002, 10:28:50 PM »

i still remember being little and scared by...ok, i can admit it now...THE BRADY BUNCH...

it was the episode where the boys or girls(?) were trying to scare each other for the attic (or upstairs?) room...

i remember a chest being opened up and a ghost made out of plastic being lifted out with the sound recording (the boys or girls(?) used a tape recorder...viewers found this out later) saying "it's so hot..very hot..." ...or something like that. i don't know why this scared me...especially since 8 yrs. later i was watching everything and anything.

i also loved going to see ET, but what i was in my room that night, i got a little scared that i'd find a creature milling about.

-mr. henry
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 10:51:00 PM »

THE CHILDREN - A school bus passes through a toxic cloud and transforms the children in to zombie-like killers with black fingernails that can make people spontaneously combust just by gripping them.

I remember seeing this movie on the USA Network as a kid and it scared the hell out of me. Saw it again in my late teens and while it still at least has some creepiness to it, I found it mostly laughable and couldn't believe this movie gave me nightmares.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 12:20:10 AM »

CHILDREN OF THE CORN was the first horror movie I remember seeing.  It scared me.  Also, when all the townspeople died from the poisoned coffee, my not-so-smart mind conjectured it must have been because the coffee was "much too hot".

The aliens from Sesame St. also scared the crap out of me for some reason.

There was also some revenge movie in the eighties that featureda guy selling somebody powdered battery acid as cocaine.  The next scene showed the guy with white froth oozing from every orifice in his head.  Scared me silly for years.
Dr. Freex
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 12:28:23 AM »

THE WIZARD OF OZ.  Those damned apple trees!

ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES really traumatized me.

TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE.  The skeleton ray really fightened me.

More as they occur.
Law Dog
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 12:39:04 AM »

Incredible Melting Man. Didn't actually have to see it as a child of about 10, but the comercials were scaring the hell out of me. Funny, now it's one of my favorite bad movies.

"I'M DR. TED NELSON!"
mr. henry
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 12:52:45 AM »

hahahaha...hey mofo...do you mean those two aliens from sesame street...

...the..yepyepyepeypeyp...yupeupeupupeyupeyupe...yepyepypeype....

...those guys WERE scarey...

they should have a movie...!!!!!

-mr. henry
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2002, 03:43:52 AM »

The beginning of ET, where he's is being chased scared me a bit.

The tale end of Big Trouble In Little China, where Kurt Russell drives off in his big rig and a creature pops out for a cheap jump scare sent me about three feet in the air.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. The scene where the aliens are trying to take the kid, and end up coming through the air duct. Whenever I was in a house with central air I got freaked.
Neville
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2002, 04:55:14 AM »

For me it was Alien. I had heard it was really, really scary, so trying to watch the first minutes when I was 10 or less made me almost catatonic, even when nothing at all was going on. I have always been more afraid of things beyond my comprehension than anything else. I remember being very scared of taxes when I was very little. Not that I knew  what taxes were, but I saw my father cursing and getting really freaked when he had to pay them.
Cullen
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2002, 05:12:06 AM »

Small list -

*  The end of "The Fog" - I will never forget it.

*  The (near) end of an adaptation of Robert Block's "Catnip" on the short lived series "The Dark Room" - Every now and then, when I look under a bed, I'll think of it and, as silly as it sounds, grow a little nervous.  (Hunt down the story - you'll be glad you did.)

*  Episode 2 of the "Doctor Who" story "Revenge of the Cybermen" - The first time I'd seen "Doctor Who".  Didn't make it past the first few minutes; I was that scared.

Hey, I was a kid, remember...

*  "The "Twilight Zone" episode "The Living Doll" - Talking Tina STILL scares me.

Those are the ones that jump out in my mind.
TammyL
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2002, 06:40:53 AM »

I remember watching Poltergeist for the first time and seeing where they play the song when the tv goes off the air- America - i think and then the tv goes fuzzy. When the thing comes out of the tv after the first storm and eventually takes Carol Ann back the way he came. Whenever I turned to a station that was fuzzy I would just starting screaming and believe it or not I even would push it into a closet in a hotel room and block the door. My mom would say it was only a movie and it wasn't real then I found out watching late night tv one time that they actually would play that song to end a station and it would go fuzzy. After that she would say when yougrow up you will think different about it. However I still get the eebie jeebies when I come across a station that goes fuzzy.
jmc
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2002, 09:10:52 AM »

Never saw it, but the ads for DEVIL DOG: THE HOUND OF HELL scared me when it was on the CBS Late Movie.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2002, 09:46:33 AM »

When I was little I would always be frightened by section of unsolved mysteries about the unexplained with all the ghosts and stuff like that.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2002, 09:46:33 AM »

When I was little I would always be frightened by section of unsolved mysteries about the unexplained with all the ghosts and stuff like that.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2002, 09:51:01 AM »

"The Car" I saw when I was very little and for years afterwards I was afraid to be out in open fields at night for fear that this demon car would come and run me over
Will
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2002, 10:02:10 AM »

When I was a kid The Incredible Hulk TV show scared me when Banner would change.

I also remember a movie called Happy Hell Night.  Not Hell Night with Linda Blair, this one's different.  I can't find it anywhere, but I remember the killer (one of those lunatic-escaped-from-an-asylum-and-it's-Halloween movies) was a little bald guy with black, black eyes.  SCARY.  Don't know if it still is, though.  Like I said, can't find it. Anyone know it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.