Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:03 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids...  (Read 50733 times)
Nathan
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2002, 10:37:26 AM »

...was used in Wired to Kill (1986).  It may also have been in some other movies; see if the screencap jogs your memory:
http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/w/wiredtokill.html

Nathan
Nathan
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2002, 10:39:53 AM »

There was an animated Raggedy Ann and Andy TV-movie (stop laughing, dammit!) with a psycho camel that kept seeing a phantom caravan of ghostly camels all calling him home -- always with weird Eastern music playing under those scenes.  Freaked me out for months on end.

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2002, 10:50:52 AM »

The Blob. I went to the old Southern theater with some neghibor kids, and about the time it finished eating the doc, i walked out, and waited till both movies were over to get my ride home. Sheesh! You coulden't shoot it, and it CRAWLED UNDER THE DOOR to get to you! It diden't just kill you, it DISSOLVED you! Some how, that gave me the heebee jeebees like nothin. Now, of course, i make booger jokes, but way back then!...........
Brock
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2002, 11:42:48 AM »

To this day, I stiall haven't been able to watch Creepshow.  I remember seeing parts of it off and on on the local FOX station as a kid, and it all scared the crap out of me.  Specifically, the animted creep coming to the kids window, and the part in the mold guy story where the doctor says he'll have to take his arm off.  I've heard it's actually really funny, but I just can't make myself watch it.
Gerry
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2002, 11:51:39 AM »

The monsters and the witch on H.R. Puff-n-Stuff scared the crap out of me.  I'd scream everytime my brothers and sisters tried to watch it.  For those of you too young to remember it was an early-mid 70s children's show.

The melting faces at the end of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK really got to me too.
Pete B6K
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2002, 01:32:35 PM »

I've always found Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory srangely disturbing. Can't remember exactly why, I havent seen it for a while, but I still avoid it when its on TV. Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka is definitely kind of evil and sinister.
TammyL
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2002, 01:54:10 PM »

I would admit the OOMPA LOOMPAS were a bit scary. The pictures in the boat ride down the Choca River were a bit too much. Needless to say blueberry flavored bubblegum or any flavor for that matter never went into my mouth for quite sometime. Did not want to know what watermelon did to you.
John Morgan
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2002, 02:09:17 PM »

I never watched that many horror flicks as a kid because they would scare me.  Now I look at them and laugh.  Freddie, Jason, Jaws, even Hellraiser, These were supposed to "Scare me?"  

I'm alway pointing out the flaws:

"Too much blood"
"Spooky Music = your gona die"
"Sex = your gona die"
"Door + running + panic = Your gona die big time."
"That looks fake" (Shark in Jaws especially)
"Bad special effects: I can make that look better with a wad of tin foil and a flash light" (Lightening in Hellraiser)
"DON'T JUST STAND THERE SCREAMING, RUN!"
"What would Ash do here?"
Mofo Rising
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2002, 03:10:12 PM »

Yup, WIRED TO KILL was the cocaine movie.  Reading your review makes me realize I remember nothing about the movie except the cocaine ooze and the bike seat.

I also remember another movie that scared the dickens out of me.  SWAMP THING.  In the beginning Alex Holland is coated with bright yellow goo and pushed into the swamp, where he turns into the Swamp Thing.  For some reason, my young brain made the connection between the goo and apple juice.  I wouldn't drink the stuff for years.

And those Sesame St. aliens.  It was probably their "yupyupyupyup" and the fact they crept into familiar places when nobody was around.
raj
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2002, 04:16:11 PM »

Kolchak the Nightstalker always scared me.  It was on again  a couple of years ago, forget what station (USA? SCIFI?) and, wow, I was scared of that?!

Bring back Kolchak!
J.R.
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2002, 05:57:47 PM »

When I was little Freddy Kruegger was THE scary image. My brother used to hold me down with a pillow over my face saying, "I'm Freddy now!", and I believed him. One time I went into a video store with my mom and there was a cardboard stand-up of Freddy, positioned in a way so that he seemed to be coming around the aisle for me. I screamed so horrifically my mom had to drag me out. TRUE STORY: A kidthat lived next door used to terrify me with a Freddy mask. In 1996 he was convicted of murder. Spooky. Of course, I've now seen every Elm Street movie and own part 1 on DVD, so it's subsided.
J.R.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2002, 05:59:10 PM »

Oh, and the Maytag repairman. That's right. Similar incident as with the Freddy stand-up, i was in a Maytag dealership and there he was, staring over the counter, searching my soul.
Andrew
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2002, 06:57:56 PM »

"The Blob" (1958).  Just read my review and it explains it all.

To this day, I still think that "Jaws" is a good horror movie.  Once I was out swimming, fairly far from shore (probably 400m), and suddenly "Jaws" came to mind.  I started heading in and a large fin broke the water RIGHT NEXT TO ME.  To say I had a serious moment of fright would be an understatement.  It was a dolphin, probably just wondering what in the heck I was doing so far out.  It stayed along with me for a little while, then headed back out.

Andrew
mogwai
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2002, 08:14:55 PM »

salem's lot, the reason? you've probably already guessed it. no? i can't, couldn't be bothered, really. but there's a lot of better examples here.
Newt
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2002, 11:47:34 PM »

Oh my.   Am I really that much older than most of you?  

THEM did it for me.   I must have been five or so.   Left a lasting impression.
The Wizard of Oz:  those flying monkeys and the witch-on-the-roof scene.
Bela Lugosi as Dracula.   I slept with the covers tight around my neck for twenty years.   (Do not laugh!)

I still find Willy Wonka disturbing - even though I saw it as an adult.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SILLY movies that TERRIFIED us as kids... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.