Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:02:09 PM
714192 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breaking into sci-fi acting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking into sci-fi acting  (Read 1437 times)
OctopusJarBoy
« on: July 02, 2002, 01:05:54 AM »

Hi! I am a B-movie and sci-fi fan, nothing more...Anyway, I was watching yet another 4th rate sci-fi movie on the SCIFI channel the other day, when something struck me: Why am I sitting here, playing the role of the viewer, and why/how did the people in the TV get to be the actors? Basically, what separates them from me, or any other viewer? I mean, the acting was horrible to begin with, so it wasn't that the actors had some talent edge over the average Joe. Then I thought that maybe they had compiled some kind of formidable resume, but then I came to my senses and realized that this wasn't possible either. So after weeks of thinking about this, I thought I would ask people with expertise the following question: "In order to get a non-negligible role in a movie such as a 4th rate film on the SCI-fi channel, what does one REALLY have to do? What qualities, if any, does one have to possess that makes them a suitable candidate to act in a really bad sci-fi flick? I would greatly appreciate ANY feedback from anyone..Thank you!
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 03:25:15 AM »

Mainly,most of these actors(in extremely fourth rate movies)are either incestous friends with the films' directors and producers,or have their shady connections with the filmmaking world,which is how they get their jobs.
                       The real,rightful way to break into acting:attend casting auditions nonstop,practice up on your acting lessons,and if these two don't work,always do your best to save up your money,buy a movie camera(old school,video,or digital),and film your own movie,with yourself as the star(of course):hey,that worked for Bruce Campbell,Rudy Ray Moore,and Fred Williamson.
                       Either way,the following three will help enable you to properly get into an acting career in the movies.
mr. henry
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 02:11:47 AM »

suck up your pride...go for broke...move to LA...drive a limo or wait tables...get your first 16mm-break playing a gay guy...then audition again for 3 years...and counting...and counting...

(this story belongs to one of my college roommates)

-mr. henry
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breaking into sci-fi acting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.